Value of: Bob with 35-40% retained.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Penguins need a goalie, but even at 50% retention for a bag of pucks in return, I'd really struggle to get on board with that deal. Maybe if Arizona trades Vejmelka, they would consider taking BOB back with retention since his cap hit exceeds actual salary quite a bit.

I'm too tired to figure out how this would work, but I want to somehow work a three way trade between PIT, FLA and ARI that brings Vejmelka and Bennett to PIT and Bob to ARI.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Maybe there's some trade involving Marc Edouard Vlasic. Both have NMCs and 3 years left on their deal but would waive to avoid a buyout.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I’ve said this for a long time it’s true. Throw in a Lundell maybe the Panthers find a taker, but even then seems unlikely.
Murray was traded from ottawa with a bad reputation, explain to me how Bob at 5 to 6.5 would command including Lundell in order to move him. Especially with Campbell’s deal on Edmonton last year.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Murray was traded from ottawa with a bad reputation, explain to me how Bob at 5 to 6.5 would command including Lundell in order to move him. Especially with Campbell’s deal on Edmonton last year.
length of deal. amount of bonus money that makes his contract incapable of being bought out later. age.

im sure we could come up with some more.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Chicago will for sure take him. I dont think Bob waives to go to Chicago.

To Chicago- Bob and Lundell
To Florida- 35th overall and Stauber

Gives room for Florida to sign some bigger name UFAs Kane, Orlov, Killorn, Bertuzzi, Tarasenko, Bunting. They might get 2 of these guys for the same cap as Lundell and Bob.

They can run Barkov Bennett and Luostarinen down the middle.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
If they bought him out, could they trade off part of that money (I'd assume a buyout at his age and hit would equal something like 20M total) with a pick for a 7th to another team or is that against the rules?

Given this, if I was the Cats, I would pull out the stops to get Ian Clark to Florida.

I'll fight Florida fans. I've been beating this drum for a few seasons now for Calgary.

Florida fans are cool. I have nothing against them. But if somehow me fighting them helps to get Ian Clark to Calgary... I'm in.

We need Clark to re-revive Markstrom and end decades of Calgary Flames goalie failings. I get that Cats fans want to revive Bob, but we gotta re-revive Markstrom and revive Huberdeau (both former Cats) and you only have to revive Bob.

Somehow our goalie coach, Rob Tallas, is the Teflon Don of coaches.

Doesn't matter how many times the HC has been fired, GMs canned, new ownership, Tallass has been here since 2009.

We moved ours upwards to be goalie scout with Sigalet. Sigalet has been around since Malarchuk left. We currently have Labarbera.

Nothing against Labarbera. I hear he's great. It's just that Clark is elite, which is better than great.

Yes, goalies are voodoo. But I've been thinking that maybe it's just that goalie development isn't consistently good across the league. The elite guys see success wherever they go. They have some tricks that work and would work if all other goalie coaches had that special formula.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
length of deal. amount of bonus money that makes his contract incapable of being bought out later. age.

im sure we could come up with some more.
There’s 3 years left after this year, after July 1st only 17.5 in real money is owed, he’s 34 so yeah not exactly young, but it seems like you’re just saying things to say things cause…Lundell.

Chicago will for sure take him. I dont think Bob waives to go to Chicago.

To Chicago- Bob and Lundell
To Florida- 35th overall and Stauber

Gives room for Florida to sign some bigger name UFAs Kane, Orlov, Killorn, Bertuzzi, Tarasenko, Bunting. They might get 2 of these guys for the same cap as Lundell and Bob.

They can run Barkov Bennett and Luostarinen down the middle.
If he’d waive, I’m not super opposed to this. Not exactly a fan either as Lundell could be a star still even though he slumped.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
There’s 3 years left after this year, after July 1st only 17.5 in real money is owed, he’s 34 so yeah not exactly young, but it seems like you’re just saying things to say things cause…Lundell.

If he’d waive, I’m not super opposed to this. Not exactly a fan either as Lundell could be a star still even though he slumped.
I love how you are trying to hand waive his age which he turns 35 before next season. Its like there isn’t an age regression study on goalies and how their production takes a quick fall after turning 35. Then add its 3 years of downward production which is longer that Murray for a 1-1.5 million more of a cap hit than Murray.

His buyout number will be 66% of his cap hit through his contract and then 1.6 million for the extra years which is quite a penalty.

So yea, “Im just saying things.”

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I love how you are trying to hand waive his age which he turns 35 before next season. Its like there isn’t an age regression study on goalies and how their production takes a quick fall after turning 35. Then add its 3 years of downward production which is longer that Murray for a 1-1.5 million more of a cap hit than Murray.

His buyout number will be 66% of his cap hit through his contract and then 1.6 million for the extra years which is quite a penalty.

So yea, “Im just saying things.”
Nothing in the above equals Lundell. i didn’t “hand waive” his age, but it’s funny that suddenly that’s the biggest setback, again it doesn’t equal Lundell.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Nothing in the above equals Lundell. i didn’t “hand waive” his age, but it’s funny that suddenly that’s the biggest setback, again it doesn’t equal Lundell.
Enjoy Bob. No one is taking him for a mix of 2nd round pick(s) and meh prospects. Unless bob magically waives to lose more, pay more taxes, and/or have worse weather.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver

It's already been explained to you and a few other Panthers fans.

Enjoy Bob for the remainder of his contract.

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
If a team likes Lundell enough they can just offer sheet him to a Kotkaniemi like deal and use Bobrovsky's cap hit against the Panthers rather than deal with the headache of burning like 20 million in cap space taking on Bob to acquire him and then having to pay him still

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
It's already been explained to you and a few other Panthers fans.

Enjoy Bob for the remainder of his contract.
Lmao, will do. What part of “not desperate to move him” and “just seeing if there’s value” is hard for either of you to understand?

You think Lundell, I think that’s f***ing dumb, so then it’s this bullshit.

• Haha
Reactions: Diamonddog01

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
That's exactly what I said... equivalent of trading him at 67% retained, plus a 3 year penalty.
If you look at the next post I made in the thread you will see I misread it sorry.

send him home and terminate the contract.
That isnt an option in the NHL, only way you get to terminate a contract like that is if he breaks it somehow. If he went home and refused to report then sure, but you cant lock him out of the building and then terminate his contract for failing to report.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
And Bobrovsky would never accept just terminating his contract, no person would when they are owed 17mil over the next three seasons.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
What about cap dump for cap dump trades? Like an Allen + Gallagher for Bob.
Well that's something I hadn't considered.

3 years of Bob backing up Monte.
4 years of Gallagher
2 years of Allen

Salaries almost a wash. I suspect Bob would have Montreal on his "no" list.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
The issue is that Bob has every team on his "no" list until July 2024. This conversation is kinda premature because I don't see Bob accepting a trade or giving a list until he has too.

Florida will have him on the roster next season, and maybe they should because of the uncertainty with Knight, or they will have to buy him out.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Flyers are going to be bad enough, for long enough, that I could be talked into something along the lines of Bobrovsky and Samoskevich for Hayes and DeAngelo, no retention on anyone. Florida gets useful enough players up front, they're taking on more cap for this year (unless they move Tony D) but then get out of about $3M per for the last two, and Hayes might be movable as well (we've heard enough rumblings around Hayes to CBJ that there seems to at least be talk in that direction, even if Jackets fans on here aren't enamored of the idea.) For that, Philly gets Samoskevich, and parks Bob's contract for a few. Granted, he's probably not waiving to come back here anyway, but Philly getting an asset and the Panthers getting some on-ice value seems to work for both teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad