McKenzie: Bob McKenzie via Frank Seravalli: Lucic met with the Dallas Stars

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Stars won't offer as much money as some other teams could. Don't think he signs with us.

Isn't Texas one of those states where there are no state taxes or very little? If thats the case they don't have to offer what others can.

Marlo Stanfield

My Name Is My Name
Jun 11, 2011
Long Island, NY
LOL what a disaster this would be for Edmonton if they were under the premise that Lucic was in the bag July 1st and that's why they had a little more incentive to move Hall, only for him to bolt.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I don't think Lucic not going there plays a role, Most times it seems at least with the bigger guys that teams come to them, in the past i remember hearing of team reps meeting players at their agents place of business. Who knows. Lucic is probably an Oiler but then again, nothing is official until he signs those papers.

ZINFINITY16

Dec 29, 2013
Ontario
Wow, stars would be stacked up front w him.

Benn-Seguin-???
Lucic-Spezza-Sharp
doesn't even matter who's first line RW (idk Stars depth chart that well). That's two first lines

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Nill has a disaster in net and a patchwork defense right now and he is out trying to court Lucic?

Just seems like an awfully stupid idea

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
How many teams have done this and had it bite them in the ass?

Keep working towards the same goal. Look at Pittsburgh. That's what we need to try to do.

Pittsburgh had speed, but by and large their forwards weren't small. They used their speed, but they also outgrinded San Jose and showed their depth throughout the lineup. Dallas just doesn't have a lot of forwards that play a hard game. They can add a few without going to the "size and intimidation wins championships" model.

A Stanley Cup-winning power forward that complements Spezza would be a great asset that makes Dallas tougher to defend against. The Stars can then look at their depth, if they want to and trade guys like Eakin or Nichushkin to fill other holes.

One also has to realize that other than Trevor Daley, every Pittsburgh defenceman was 6'0 or taller and most were over 200 lbs. Part of their success was finishing opponents' forwards and limiting their time and space. I'd imagine they'd have done the same thing to the Stars' current group of forwards the Blues did. Dallas has that transition happening on its blue line with some bigger bodies coming in. It needs to move a bit more in that direction up front as well.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Let me put it this way, beyond Benn, Faksa, and Roussel, who does Dallas have that's a real physical presence on their forecheck?

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Not sure why Dallas would be meeting with him. They need blueline help, not more wingers, right?

After what Edmonton had to give for Larsson, I'm more than fine gambling on our internal options. If opportunities aren't presenting themselves at reasonable prices for blueline and goaltending help, then Nill should still look at ways to improve the team.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Not sure why Dallas would be meeting with him. They need blueline help, not more wingers, right?

Well, we do need depth on wing in the top-six. Sharp will likely not return after this season and we can't expect our 2nd line to be comparably potent with Spezza centering Eakin and Janmark. Ideally Nichushkin and Brett Ritchie should be on the RW on the top two lines, but neither of them has shown the kind of skills or finish thus far. I just am not sure Lucic is the person to bring the kind of offensive skills we are looking for; definitely not for his asking price which may be $6M+.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Let me put it this way, beyond Benn, Faksa, and Roussel, who does Dallas have that's a real physical presence on their forecheck?

Ritchie and McKenzie ( if he makes the team ). Nichushkin actually started using his size towards the end of the year also.

Would rather sign Martin then Lucic, unless it's a 5M a year

Maybe Dallas is moving someone like Nichuskin or Sharp, or even Eakin. I trust Nill

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Ritchie and McKenzie ( if he makes the team ). Nichushkin actually started using his size towards the end of the year also.

Would rather sign Martin then Lucic, unless it's a 5M a year

Maybe Dallas is moving someone like Nichuskin or Sharp, or even Eakin. I trust Nill

Who is Martin?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Matt the Hitting Machine, spends his time in Brooklyn.

Making us look bad here LT :laugh::laugh:

Matt Martin. I'd definitely be interested in either for the Stars but I'm scared of Lucic's price tag.

Oh duh :laugh: My first thought was Paul Martin, but I knew that couldn't be right :laugh:

I'd definitely be down for Matt Martin. I'd probably prefer him to Lucic, honestly, depending on each of their price tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad