Bob McKenzie Final ranking

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm sorry I drove you to this point. Want me to leave so you can touch grass?

You might want to probably step away from the thread before you discredit yourself any further and lose any shred of dignity that you have remaining. Your rankings over the years have been pretty suspect at best, now you are losing any respectability you had remaining with this temper tantrum you are having .

But up to you, I’m enjoying watching you embarrass yourself.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
It was pretty accurate. Most of 1st round ranks ended up going in 1st round.

What about all the years before last?

You just seem bitter here and it’s not like your old lists have aged particularly well.

Not bitter. All I want is for the most publicized draft list to be posted by someone who scouts the players and can provide accountability and context. Don't care who they are or where they're from, just improve the process.

You might want to probably step away from the thread before you discredit yourself any further and lose any shred of dignity that you have remaining. Your rankings over the years have been pretty suspect at best, now you are losing any respectability you had remaining with this temper tantrum you are having .

But up to you, I’m enjoying watching you embarrass yourself.

Calmer than you are.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I probably shouldn't wade in, but I think it's reasonable to critique that the most publicized and trusted list that comes out is the result of a very respected journalist just... surveying 10 scouts from 10 unknown organizations. You can believe that and still respect Bob McKenzie.

This is miles away from the other major leagues and their pre-draft discourse. Someone else mentioned the MLB getting at least one scout from every team, for example.

No worries though -- we have HFB where all the lists can bash together and people can drag each other into the mud over opinions that are almost all surely wrong. It's what the internet is for!

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
IIRC, it was REALLY accurate last year.

Guessing the first round is fairly easy. Guessing the top 10 is not. Bob's lists used to nail the top 10 almost to the number, which helped add to the importance of his list.

But that was not the case last year. He was way off on Simashev, But, Perreault, and Danielson. He was 28/32 for the first round, but he is guessing the draft order. I was 25/32, but I guess NHL careers.

1. Bedard (1)
2. Fantill (3)
3. Carlsson (2)
4. Smith (4)
5. Michkov (7)
6. Leonard (8)
7. Dvorsky (10)
8. Reinbacher (5)
9. Benson (13)
10. Perreault (23)

My list

1. Bedard (1)
2. Michkov (7)
3. Fantilli (3)
4. Carlsson (2)
5. Benson (13)
6. Smith (4)
7. Dvorsky (10)
8. Danielson (9)
9. But (12)
10. Leonard (8)

Reactions: ORRFForever

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
While there's no guarantee, it does appear the top 10 names that have all but cemented themselves (eight of the 10 are college players), though the order they should go in is still a bit more fungible. We wanted to get a sense of a consensus on this top group so we sent out a survey to team executives with all 30 organizations, asking them to rank this group.
A total of 26 higher-level members of the scouting industry, from cross-checkers to scouting directors and general managers, responded,
and the results did cause us to change our list at the top, putting Oregon State’s Travis Bazzana in the No. 1 spot over Georgia’s Charlie Condon, who had been there when we put out our Top 150 list. Bazzana, the Beavers second baseman who carries a .418/.581/.939 line with 26 homers and 15 steals into Regional play this weekend, received 17 of the 26 first-place votes. Condon, his .443/.558/1.043 line and an NCAA-leading 35 homers, got seven votes for the top spot. Florida’s Jac Caglianone and Wake Forest’s Nick Kurtz each received one first-place nod.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The literal verbiage from the article stated "the clear consensus No. 2 choice behind Celebrini". You are thinking unanimous. Majority of scouts believe Demdiov is the 2nd best and those who don't, think he is still close to the second best
Ya Demidov is going to be a Black Hawks and will mesh very nicely with Bedard and those 2 will terrorize goalies for years.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Guessing the first round is fairly easy. Guessing the top 10 is not. Bob's lists used to nail the top 10 almost to the number, which helped add to the importance of his list.

But that was not the case last year. He was way off on Simashev, But, Perreault, and Danielson. He was 28/32 for the first round, but he is guessing the draft order. I was 25/32, but I guess NHL careers.

1. Bedard (1)
2. Fantill (3)
3. Carlsson (2)
4. Smith (4)
5. Michkov (7)
6. Leonard (8)
7. Dvorsky (10)
8. Reinbacher (5)
9. Benson (13)
10. Perreault (23)

My list

1. Bedard (1)
2. Michkov (7)
3. Fantilli (3)
4. Carlsson (2)
5. Benson (13)
6. Smith (4)
7. Dvorsky (10)
8. Danielson (9)
9. But (12)
10. Leonard (8)
Good for you.

Reactions: Steve Kournianos

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I probably shouldn't wade in, but I think it's reasonable to critique that the most publicized and trusted list that comes out is the result of a very respected journalist just... surveying 10 scouts from 10 unknown organizations. You can believe that and still respect Bob McKenzie.

This is miles away from the other major leagues and their pre-draft discourse. Someone else mentioned the MLB getting at least one scout from every team, for example.

No worries though -- we have HFB where all the lists can bash together and people can drag each other into the mud over opinions that are almost all surely wrong. It's what the internet is for!

Posted the link to the MLB survey. It's bananas.

That is my point. We as fans should receive a better product. It doesn't diminish Bob's career or accomplishments. Some guys hit .300 and don't win the batting crown. It isn't an insult to say he wasn't as good as the guy who hit .330.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->