Bob McKenzie Final ranking

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Castle8130

May 9, 2017

Demidov the clear consensus number 2 oa with 6/10 scouts polling him as 2nd oa and the other 4 scouts having him in their top 5

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020

Demidov the clear consensus number 2 oa with 6/10 scouts polling him as 2nd oa and the other 4 scouts having him in their top 5
I mean that’s not a consensus one, two it’s a ranking so he could fall lower given Russian factors

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I mean that’s not a consensus one, two it’s a ranking so he could fall lower given Russian factors
The literal verbiage from the article stated "the clear consensus No. 2 choice behind Celebrini". You are thinking unanimous. Majority of scouts believe Demdiov is the 2nd best and those who don't, think he is still close to the second best

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Catton is going to fall to Minnesota like Rossi, but be that 1C the Rossi probably will never be

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
“His hockey sense and skills are better than any forward [in the draft] with the exception of [Celebrini and Demidov],” said a scout.

Okay... so the only reason you're ranking Catton at 10-18 scouts is .. because of the size? So we still haven't learned from Benson, DeBrincat, Point for example.. All undersized players who are extremely talented and underdrafted. Also 5'11 174 at 18 isn't even that undersized.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
“His hockey sense and skills are better than any forward [in the draft] with the exception of [Celebrini and Demidov],” said a scout.

Okay... so the only reason you're ranking Catton at 10-18 scouts is .. because of the size? So we still haven't learned from Benson, DeBrincat, Point for example.. All undersized players who are extremely talented and underdrafted. Also 5'11 174 at 18 isn't even that undersized.
Catton I definetly more 5-10 than 5-11, and slight of frame. I think scouts are aware that his offensive upside is huge, but there seems to be mixed opinions in his skating. I’ve heard some say it’s elite and others say it’s fine. I tend to think he has a real effortless stride and that he gets around the ice well, but his speed isn’t amazing. If you’re going to excel down the middle in the NHL at that size, you have to be sure the skating is plus level.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Very Czech friendly with 2 D in first round (not sure it happens but miracle by Czech standards). Then a few more in kos, galvas, Becher and Jecho.

He didn't seem to like any Czech goalies and I thought this was a good draft for them.

Reactions: czechcanadian

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Catton I definetly more 5-10 than 5-11, and slight of frame. I think scouts are aware that his offensive upside is huge, but there seems to be mixed opinions in his skating. I’ve heard some say it’s elite and others say it’s fine. I tend to think he has a real effortless stride and that he gets around the ice well, but his speed isn’t amazing. If you’re going to excel down the middle in the NHL at that size, you have to be sure the skating is plus level.
Thought EP updated to use their combine stuff. I also think his skating is really good, maybe not elite elite, but definitely not fine either.

Berkly Catton: 5-foot-10.25, 175 pounds

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

User1996

Jun 24, 2020

I bought the Hockey Prospect Black Book this year. Reading through the NHL scout comments on some players really just enforced that it’s still an old boys club on these staffs in terms of overvaluing size, toughness, grit, high floor, etc.

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Will be interesting to see where Sennecke and Iginla are in this list. I was reading that Iginla didnt have greatest interviews.

Reactions: TLEH

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I know Catton is the “faller du juor” of this draft right now and a lot of people I respect really like him…but amidst all the salivating of “oh gosh please Catton fall to my team!!!”, I can’t help but wonder…maybe…he’s falling for a reason on a big consensus list like this?

Personally, in a vacuum, I’d rather take a guy who is still rising all the way up to the draft who may not have the residual name value of a guy who has been hyped earlier and longer but seems to edging lower and lower for whatever reason.

I’m not saying that specifically applies here or that there Catton won’t be a steal…or even that he won’t go much higher than Mac’s poll has him…entirely possible. But we are definitely close enough to the draft where the “oh man I hope prospect X keeps falling to us because that will be a guaranteed steal because I’ve heard of him and saw him real high on a list from months ago” mentality seems to be really take hold - and will continue through draft day.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Will be interesting to see where Sennecke and Iginla are in this list. I was reading that Iginla didnt have greatest interviews.
1719335625530.png

Bobby Margs is the total opposite of wherever you were reading from.

Iginla 10, Sennecke 11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad