Post-Game Talk: Bob and Reino give Florida their 1st 3 game win streak in a comeback 4-1 win after an ugly 1st period

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Goalie matchup will likely be Kahkonen vs Bob. Lines will be posted once available.

Barkov will play next game
Barkov will almost certainly play next game
Barkov will likely play next game
Barkov is a game time decision (we're here)
Barkov will be out a week
Barkov will miss the rest of the season
Barkov has been impounded
Barkov has been crushed into a cube

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
News and notes ahead of the game:

Florida is looking to win their 3rd straight game for the 1st time this year. They are 0-5-1 when going for a 3rd straight win.

Florida is looking to continue their run against bad teams. The Panthers are currently on a 6 game win streak against non-playoff teams.

The Sharks, already in tank mode, are starting to go full throttle. They traded Florida native Jaycob Megna who’s had a nice year playing with Karlsson for a pick, and they’ll be trading Meier by the deadline as they attempt to keep pace with CBJ, CHI, Arizona and Anaheim in the Bedard sweepstakes.

The Panthers are also looking to continue their domination over the Sharks. Florida has won 7 straight against San Jose (last loss December 1, 2017). Florida only has a winning all time record vs 8 teams. A win tonight vs the Sharks would give Florida their highest win % against any team, all time (60%)

Sergei Bobrovsky will be looking for win 350 in his career. With 94 wins as a Cat, he is 8 wins from passing Vokoun for 3rd all time for and 13 from passing Beezer for 2nd. Credit to @TkachuksPestControl , after starting 5-8-1 his first 16 games with an .884SV% and looking like he was completely cooked, he’s bounced back his last 15 to 8-5-1 with a .916SV%, a very strong number considering Florida is top 5 in high danger chances allowed.

Everyone’s favorite coach Paul Maurice became the 6th coach to win 800 games. At his age he has a great chance to win 1000. He’ll need 1 more coaching job after this but you know with how he interviews he’ll get it.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
All I want is to squeeze into the playoffs so Habs fans stfu. Don't care if we get swept in 3 games, just make playoffs.
Islanders keep winning, they had a nice win over Seattle. But their schedule is tougher than Florida pretty soon. Have to hope they falter and the Capitals continue to lose. I am not going to bet against Crosby missing.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Panthers just beat two good teams. They win three and a row, they'll have actually made some progress.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
News and notes ahead of the game:

Florida is looking to win their 3rd straight game for the 1st time this year. They are 0-5-1 when going for a 3rd straight win.

Florida is looking to continue their run against bad teams. The Panthers are currently on a 6 game win streak against non-playoff teams.

The Sharks, already in tank mode, are starting to go full throttle. They traded Florida native Jaycob Megna who’s had a nice year playing with Karlsson for a pick, and they’ll be trading Meier by the deadline as they attempt to keep pace with CBJ, CHI, Arizona and Anaheim in the Bedard sweepstakes.

The Panthers are also looking to continue their domination over the Sharks. Florida has won 7 straight against San Jose (last loss December 1, 2017). Florida only has a winning all time record vs 8 teams. A win tonight vs the Sharks would give Florida their highest win % against any team, all time (60%)

Sergei Bobrovsky will be looking for win 350 in his career. With 94 wins as a Cat, he is 8 wins from passing Vokoun for 3rd all time for and 13 from passing Beezer for 2nd. Credit to @TkachuksPestControl , after starting 5-8-1 his first 16 games with an .884SV% and looking like he was completely cooked, he’s bounced back his last 15 to 8-5-1 with a .916SV%, a very strong number considering Florida is top 5 in high danger chances allowed.

Everyone’s favorite coach Paul Maurice became the 6th coach to win 800 games. At his age he has a great chance to win 1000. He’ll need 1 more coaching job after this but you know with how he interviews he’ll get it.
I've been keeping track, and since Bob went in in Winnipeg December 6th (18 games ago) he has a save percentage of .916% in that stretch of games.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
This game is tomorrow?

Tomorrow is the NBA trade deadline

Mavericks will likely make a trade tomorrow

We are winning 3 in a row.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If we keep winning, we'll make it. It doesn't matter what other teams do.
Yeah. They have 56pts with 53 games played. If the target is 98pts, that’s 42 from 29*2=58 possible. So 0.724 win percentage. If target were 95pts, that’s 0.672 pace. Every game is critical.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I think Florida will need 40 points (so 20-9). Breaking it down:

Tanking teams: Vs SJS, Vs Ducks, Vs Chi, Vs Mtl, at Philly, @mtl, @CBJ

Mediocre teams aka spiderman pointing at spiderman: @Blues, @caps, @Preds, Vs Sabres, Vs Preds, @Detroit, @Sens, Vs Sabres, Vs Sens, @caps

Lower tier playoff teams: @Wild, vs Pens

Top 10 teams: vs Avs, @Tampa, vs Vegas, Vs Jets, vs Devils, Vs Lafs, vs Rangers, @Leafs, vs Leafs, Vs Canes

Go 6-1 vs the tanking teams, 7-3 vs the mediocre teams, split vs Wild and Pens, 6-4 vs the top 10 teams and that's 20-9. Going 6-4 vs the top 10 teams doesn't worry me, Florida has most of those games at home, and the last 2 are vs Toronto and Carolina who will probably be resting everyone. More concerned with teams like the Pens and blues, teams Florida always struggles against. I honestly see like 34 points here which won't get it done (but will keep the pick out of Bedard territory).

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I think Florida will need 40 points (so 20-9). Breaking it down:

Tanking teams: Vs SJS, Vs Ducks, Vs Chi, Vs Mtl, at Philly, @mtl, @CBJ

Mediocre teams aka spiderman pointing at spiderman: @Blues, @caps, @Preds, Vs Sabres, Vs Preds, @Detroit, @Sens, Vs Sabres, Vs Sens, @caps

Lower tier playoff teams: @Wild, vs Pens

Top 10 teams: vs Avs, @Tampa, vs Vegas, Vs Jets, vs Devils, Vs Lafs, vs Rangers, @Leafs, vs Leafs, Vs Canes

Go 6-1 vs the tanking teams, 7-3 vs the mediocre teams, split vs Wild and Pens, 6-4 vs the top 10 teams and that's 20-9. Going 6-4 vs the top 10 teams doesn't worry me, Florida has most of those games at home, and the last 2 are vs Toronto and Carolina who will probably be resting everyone. More concerned with teams like the Pens and blues, teams Florida always struggles against. I honestly see like 34 points here which won't get it done (but will keep the pick out of Bedard territory).

i could see that. i think it's quite possible that we see a little W streak, which could change the dynamic and outlook.

i'm not worried about the pens or blues, though - i'm worried about injuries.

ANFTL17

Oct 22, 2022
Florida
Picture of Viktor walking into the stadium today
54C33C0A-BC63-4B81-A753-7324E2360217.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad