Proposal: Bo Horvat to Detroit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I'm pretty trash at gauging player value, but I thought I'd give this a stab.

Realistically I don't think this is a trade that would happen until the summer, in a scenario where Vancouver moves in a new direction and Horvat could agree to an extension in Detroit.

I'm open to discussing other assets from Detroit's end. You're welcome to ask for Larkin, Seider, Raymond, and Edvinsson, but if I'm honest I think that Yzerman is unlikely to move those pieces right now.

DET receives: Bo Horvat

VAN receives: DET '23 1st round pick, Filip Hronek (RHD), Joe Veleno (C)

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Looks fine to me. But I think Horvat is the last guy who is going to get traded. I have a feeling thats its Pettersson who is causing issues. And since he is suppose to be the face of the franchise that is the reason why we havent seen a trade or anything leak yet.

He has been absolute dog shit all year and there is no way that its a regression in skill, its most likely a combination of him not putting in the work in the offseason (as he is falling on the ice more then a 5 year old learning to skate) combined with poor attitude because he/the team isnt succeeding

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Valuewise it’s a solid offer. But if the Canucks are to move Horvat I’d want them
to target someone who can fill arguably their biggest need, a defensive partner for Quinn. I don’t see Hronek being a good fit there.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
No, you're actually not bad at value.

I don't know that I do this as Detroit, even though Horvat is the best piece. I kind of want to hang onto that pick and hope it's Shane Wright. I wouldn't hate this, obviously, but if we're this far into the rebuild, I say let's just ride the growth up. But I couldn't hate this deal if Yzerman made it.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Feels good for Detroit not sure what Van really wants from this.....
Really? Not knowing much about hronek and just some stats and advance stats digging makes me feel this is fair.

what makes you say it’s not?

also to the OP, what would you offer if Canucks retained 50% on horvat?

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Really? Not knowing much about hronek and just some stats and advance stats digging makes me feel this is fair.

Detroit doesn’t need any retention. They have enough this year and next year is insane.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I like Veleno, but I think we can do better if were shopping Horvat.

Looks fine to me. But I think Horvat is the last guy who is going to get traded. I have a feeling thats its Pettersson who is causing issues. And since he is suppose to be the face of the franchise that is the reason why we havent seen a trade or anything leak yet.

He has been absolute dog shit all year and there is no way that its a regression in skill, its most likely a combination of him not putting in the work in the offseason (as he is falling on the ice more then a 5 year old learning to skate) combined with poor attitude because he/the team isnt succeeding

Pretty good value i think, but dont think they should trade horvat

Valuewise it’s a solid offer. But if the Canucks are to move Horvat I’d want them
to target someone who can fill arguably their biggest need, a defensive partner for Quinn. I don’t see Hronek being a good fit there.

Nice offer actually. Props.

Good to hear I'm in the right ballpark, thanks. I appreciate that Horvat probably isn't high on the chopping block in Vancouver, just sort of feeling out what the value might be in the event that Vancouver really goes scorched earth this summer or something.

No, you're actually not bad at value.

I don't know that I do this as Detroit, even though Horvat is the best piece. I kind of want to hang onto that pick and hope it's Shane Wright. I wouldn't hate this, obviously, but if we're this far into the rebuild, I say let's just ride the growth up. But I couldn't hate this deal if Yzerman made it.

I hear you. I think this is a deal that would more likely happen in the summer, and for that reason the pick I included was our 2023. I agree with you that Yzerman probably wouldn't trade our 2022 1st, this is probably our last solid chance at a lottery win unless we get some Rangers-esque luck in the future.

Feels good for Detroit not sure what Van really wants from this.....

That's fair. I guess the way I sized it up was that Vancouver is moving a good top 6C for a first round pick, a second pairing blueliner entering his prime, and a solid center prospect. If Vancouver shakes up management this year and starts over, I thought this would be a solid package to cash in on Horvat before you risk potentially losing him in UFA.

It's tough to know exactly what Vancouver would want though, as it's tough to know what direction they're moving in.

As the user above mentioned, Detroit really doesn't need salary retained at the moment. But if you moved Horvat to a contender next year then that would probably get you a strong haul.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Yzerman making trades with the Dim one.What could go wrong? He will unload Horvat for a 2nd round pick and the ghost of Abdelkader.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Bo Horvat UFA 2023.

This exchange is very detrimental to the strategic plans of Detroit. I think Detroit doesn't need Horvat in 2021, 2022.

The player cost is high. I doubt Detroit will be able to profit from the player trade on the deadline. If that's the point of the deal.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
To me while this is a fair deal, I don't see Horvat as the problem. The major issue in Vancouver is the defense, it's a MESS. They tried to do what Tampa does, but sticking in low end guys to balance out a stacked top. Also, I think everyone can now say, how in the world did Poolman make 2.5M for 4 years.

gucc

May 3, 2018
Horvat might be the best player in this deal, but considering Detroit's timeline and the extra cap control they'd have with those futures, it doesn't seem like the best deal for Detroit long term. Detroit might have better options that they could get with the same assets. I think 2/3 of those assets + a 2nd round pick or equivalent would be more realistic from Detroit's side, but I don't know about from the Canucks side.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Bo Horvat UFA 2023.

This exchange is very detrimental to the strategic plans of Detroit. I think Detroit doesn't need Horvat in 2021, 2022.

The player cost is high. I doubt Detroit will be able to profit from the player trade on the deadline. If that's the point of the deal.

It wouldn't be a rental, it's a trade you'd make with an extension in place.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Horvat might be the best player in this deal, but considering Detroit's timeline and the extra cap control they'd have with those futures, it doesn't seem like the best deal for Detroit long term. Detroit might have better options that they could get with the same assets. I think 2/3 of those assets + a 2nd round pick or equivalent would be more realistic from Detroit's side, but I don't know about from the Canucks side.

I'd do:

Zadina
Hronek
Washington 2022 2nd

For

Horvat

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Bo Horvat UFA 2023.

Agreed. If I'm Detroit, I'm keeping my assets, and trying to pick up key upgrades to the lineup via free-agency...

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
Bo Horvat is overrated. Veleno will be better in a couple years , I’d hold off if I was Detroit.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I pass as Detroit. No way am I giving up our first rounder in the 2023 draft in the middle of a rebuild. Absolute insanity.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Think we’d need to change that second to a first (albeit with some top 10 or so protection or just next year’s in general).

He's only got there rest of this year and next on his contract, then UFA. I wouldn't want a 1st included(probably a high 1st) for that little of player control.

If that doesn't work for Vancouver, that's cool, just tossing it out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad