Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Wild preseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I’m a bit behind, but as of late 2nd Joshua really helping self. Brown with some nice play. Mac Mac and Clifford look like nhl guys too. Neal notsomuch. Kostin nothing either.if it were me, would keep Joshua, Clifford, brown for last 3 spots.
Just curious because I didn’t watch the game but what specifically does Brown do well? His stat line looks brutal… -2, not physical and got killed in the faceoff circle.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Just curious because I didn’t watch the game but what specifically does Brown do well? His stat line looks brutal… -2, not physical and got killed in the faceoff circle.
Admittedly I haven’t seen either wild es goal yet, but liked brown calm with puck. I’m not opposed to sending him down but I seen nothing to recommend Neal or frolic or Kostin through 2.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
What's up with Logan Brown? For such a big guy I've never seen anyone so afraid of contact. He isn't cut out being a NHLer and definitely isn't a AHLer either in my opinion. Sure we all complained about Sanford but Brown is worse. I think it was a bad trade.

Reactions: Altimus

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
What's up with Logan Brown? For such a big guy I've never seen anyone so afraid of contact. He isn't cut out being a NHLer and definitely isn't a AHLer either in my opinion. Sure we all complained about Sanford but Brown is worse. I think it was a bad trade.
We needed cap space. Brown may not be NHLer but getting pick for Sanford feels like a win.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Worth noting as we debate roster decisions, we have at least 15 forwards (and probably more) who look to be NHLers. We have 6 D. And that includes Perunovich. We really need to pick up another nhl D or 2.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
He has always played a style that could best be described as "lethargic" in Ottawa. Classic case of a guy who seems to have NHL-level everything except attitude/work ethic. I was wondering if the change of scenery would coax out a new Brown but it doesn't sound like it.

Reactions: Altimus

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Brown is irrelevant to the trade. The trade was for a 4th and cap space. I think they always knew Brown would probably be sent down and probably be claimed.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
<Robert Thomas enters the chat>

JoernAZ

Bluenotes
Oct 19, 2018
Haha, looking at stats after the game, it may seem that I was totally wrong in the discussion pre-game.

Will have a look at the game later on to get some feels. That being said, I had hoped that players like Brown, Kostin, Alexandrov and Perunovich had used the game to shine. Stats wise, Alexandrov looks decent though.

Time will tell.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I don't understand all the Brown hate. It's like everyone read the same couple Ottawa posters and has decided he sucks.

I thought he looked fine tonight, made some nice passes. For some reason he kept getting kicked out of the faceoff circle. Not sure what was going on there, but he wasn't able to get comfortable on the dot. The OT goal was the only goal against Brown was directly involved in - looked like poor communication between him and Walman on a player hand off in the slot.

Thought Husso played a solid game overall. Let up 1 weak goal where he failed to seal the post short side, but had zero chance on the 3 other goals and made a couple highlight reel saves.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don't understand all the Brown hate. It's like everyone read the same couple Ottawa posters and has decided he sucks.

I thought he looked fine tonight, made some nice passes. For some reason he kept getting kicked out of the faceoff circle. Not sure what was going on there, but he wasn't able to get comfortable on the dot. The OT goal was the only goal against Brown was directly involved in - looked like poor communication between him and Walman on a player hand off in the slot.

Thought Husso played a solid game overall. Let up 1 weak goal where he failed to seal the post short side, but had zero chance on the 3 other goals and made a couple highlight reel saves.
Probably because there’s nothing about Brown to like. He’s 6’6 and is soft as toilet paper.

He’s not likely to last long here.

Reactions: Blues Knight

JoernAZ

Bluenotes
Oct 19, 2018
Another datum to support my dream of trading Tarasenko for top 4 LHD.

Yep. Lets hope he gets a good start of the season which increases trade value. Right now, his contract is pretty ugly. Would have kept him if we could, but we NEED another LD as things are today.

JoernAZ

Bluenotes
Oct 19, 2018
With Brown its a classic "hope to fix something no one else could" syndrome. Getting a minor Yakupov feel to it. Standard "he has all the tools, but... discussion. Too small sample size, but the thought is out there even so.

Thing is, we depend on some of the wildcards to succeed if we want to be a contender. And so far, even if its very early, it does not look like it will.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad