GDT: Blues vs. Isles| Slumpbuster/GM Called Out The Whole Team Edition|

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
This was pretty cut and dry. Going for the puck like JK and Panger are talking about doesn't matter when you go into the crease. The Down Goes Brown post on it a few years ago is right 95% of the time on how to know
True. But when Jake Allen can end up in the corner and not have GI called, it’s hard to be certain of a call.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
The Central is garbage, but thats partly because the Blues are in the Central. They’ve actually somehow over-performed their play this year and probably deserve fewer than the six points they have today.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I guess the Toronto staff determined that Barbashev pushed the goalie while trying to get to the loose puck, and that he would have stopped Leddy's shot if he hadn't been pushed. Well, at least The Bees get a power play seconds later. But The Isles kill it off.

Reactions: mk80

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
what could 90/91/49 bring back in trades? 2 1sts and a 2nd + prospects?

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
We could? We have Tarasenko on an expiring, O'Reilly who is off to a terrible start on an expiring, and a bunch of older players signed for way too long for way too much to actually get anything decent back in a league that as a whole is too close to the cap.

We don't have much other teams would be interested in other then rentals, really, unless we move Kyrou, Thomas, or Faulk. Buch is probably the exception to this, but it's not great.
We have two rentals who would get 1sts + (ROR and Tarasenko), and another who could arguably get a 1st (Barbashev). We could get quite a haul for 3 players, 2 of which likely wouldn’t be re-signed. Not bad.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
We could? We have Tarasenko on an expiring, O'Reilly who is off to a terrible start on an expiring, and a bunch of older players signed for way too long for way too much to actually get anything decent back in a league that as a whole is too close to the cap.

We don't have much other teams would be interested in other then rentals, really, unless we move Kyrou, Thomas, or Faulk. Buch is probably the exception to this, but it's not great.

1sts for ROR and Tarasenko, 2nd for Barbs. Plus our loto pick. Thats a good start

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
It's honestly been shocking how this board went from "pessimistic, but willing to evaluate and think about things the smart way" before we won the cup to "We are amazing and anyone saying literally anything negative about this team is the enemy, especially if they are a Blues fan" post Cup. It's been really hard to want to comment here, even on things that are interesting for a while.

I can see how it may seem that way but from my experience of 12 years here it's always leaned the same way. . The mere discussion of gauging ROR & Tarasenko's value to other fan bases (on the trade forum), at the TDL if the Blues are out of a playoff picture, drew plenty of Blues fans to get unhinged.

I don't think it's that uncommon around fan bases of all sports. People invest with their emotions and they let their emotions guide their fingers when typing.

Meh.... I saw the Cup parade down Market Street... I was there.... everything else is gravy

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Binner needs to ignore the Islanders and go at his teammates. Thats where the problem is. Especially RoR after that God awful pass.

Reactions: TheDizee

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
What do they say? You can’t make the playoffs in November, but you can miss out on them by November. A road-trip to Boston and Philly could be just what the doctor ordered, or confirmation that this season is shaping up to be a total loss. I don’t see many wins on the immediate schedule with the way this club is playing. They’ve gone Space Jam brain dead.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
I can see how it may seem that way but from my experience of 12 years here it's always leaned the same way. . The mere discussion of gauging ROR & Tarasenko's value to other fan bases (on the trade forum), at the TDL if the Blues are out of a playoff picture, drew plenty of Blues fans to get unhinged.

I don't think it's that uncommon around fan bases of all sports. People invest with their emotions and they let their emotions guide their fingers when typing.

Meh.... I saw the Cup parade down Market Street... I was there.... everything else is gravy

was there for the rams /cards/blues

Reactions: Spektre

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis

JUST CHECKING IN...

SEND IN THE CLOWNS AND BRING ON THE MEMES!

Blues_dumpster.jpg

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
We can only hope that The Blues are getting rid of their quota of bad playing AND bad luck early this season, and there will be smooth sailing during the second half of this season. But I think they need to add a reasonably high quality young defence man, and a couple more young fast-skating, highly-skilled 2-way forwards. And Kyrou has to work on his finishing, and learn to play some defence. We might have to wait probably one or two seasons to get all that.

Reactions: Puck Luck

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Ok can we PLEASE tank if we're going to tank. I tired of this Blues team not knowing if they want to go 82-0 to win the cup or get the 1st overall pick from year to year. If we're going to be bad, please just be bad

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
1sts for ROR and Tarasenko, 2nd for Barbs. Plus our loto pick. Thats a good start

I honestly don't think Barbie is getting you a second personally. ROR has to start playing better because teams aren't gonna put up a first for him the way he's playing right now. Tarasenko is fair. But, the much bigger problem is that as long as we have the Schenn, Krug, Parayko, and Leddy contracts, we are gonna have a rough time complete doing a rebuild.
We have two rentals who would get 1sts + (ROR and Tarasenko), and another who could arguably get a 1st (Barbashev). We could get quite a haul for 3 players, 2 of which likely wouldn’t be re-signed. Not bad.
Okay, Barbie might have got 60 points last year, but I would be outright shocked if anyone is trading a 1st for a guy with a clear out of nowhere point production season while playing with really good linemates who has no other seasons above 26 points in his entire career. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't think there is a management team nearly that stupid in the current NHL to move a 1st for him.

Reactions: Thallis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad