Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Ducks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Honestly, I'm pretty frustrated by this game due to our primary players not showing up. Our Springfield Blues are playing their hearts out. A guy we just picked up off the trash heap gave us better goaltending then we deserved. This is the type of game where we need our best players to play their best, and they didn't. ROR straight up coasted back on that game tying goal, then somehow ended up BEHIND the net after coasting, while watching the Ducks smash home the rebound. It was as egregious a play I've seen a forward make all year. ROR needs to pull his head out of his ass, if he doesn't step his game up in a significant way I don't see any way we are serious contenders for the Cup.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Honestly, I'm pretty frustrated by this game due to our primary players not showing up. Our Springfield Blues are playing their hearts out. A guy we just picked up off the trash heap gave us better goaltending then we deserved. This is the type of game where we need our best players to play their best, and they didn't. ROR straight up coasted back on that game tying goal, then somehow ended up BEHIND the net after coasting, while watching the Ducks smash home the rebound. It was as egregious a play I've seen a forward make all year. ROR needs to pull his head out of his ass, if he doesn't step his game up in a significant way I don't see any way we are serious contenders for the Cup.
B2B and they are down a player, 2 with schenn out.

tonight is not the night to question effort. blues could have stole this game had scandella not been a human cone.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I love the Aussie. But, we once again lose another player to injury while being forced to play short handed. This Covid/injury debacle is being absolute crap.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
The loss sucks for sure but at the end of the day I am much more frustrated about the Schenn injury. If he misses time that will be half, literally half our starting night roster out with injury or covid. 11 players.

Binnington
Bozak
Faulk
Husso
Walman
Kostin
Neal
Kyrou
Thomas
Perron
Schenn

That is f***ing insane.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I love the Aussie. But, we once again lose another player to injury while being forced to play short handed. This Covid/injury debacle is being absolute crap.
get it out of the way now so we can save those tough minutes for the spring

other teams will get their injuries. thats why its important to continue to just tread water for now and this homestand was much better than just treading water.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Hope the Blues let Binner take his time coming back until hes ready. Both goalies have proven they can handle a heavy workload and I think it forces our team to check harder and play tighter D with them in net right now.

Bozak hopefully is back soon and Perron also.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Hope the Blues let Binner take his time coming back until hes ready. Both goalies have proven they can handle a heavy workload and I think it forces our team to check harder and play tighter D with them in net right now.

Bozak hopefully is back soon and Perron also.
I hope they don't rush anyone honestly. If we can get some relief and call up another 2 players, let the other guys take some time to get adjusted. I don't want someone like Perron coming back and then screwing himself over later in the season because he wasn't ready. Same for Schenn, Kyrou, and the other injured players.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
The loss sucks for sure but at the end of the day I am much more frustrated about the Schenn injury. If he misses time that will be half, literally half our starting night roster out with injury or covid. 11 players.

Binnington
Bozak
Faulk
Husso
Walman
Kostin
Neal
Kyrou
Thomas
Perron
Schenn

That is f***ing insane.
its * * * *ing unreal

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
its * * * *ing unreal

I have just never seen anything like this before. I mean we have had key guys out for long periods of time before but this many guys missing at once. With the outbreak in Springfield at what point does the NHL consider postponing some games like they did with the Islanders.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006

Binnington
Bozak
Faulk
Husso
Walman
Kostin
Neal
Kyrou
Thomas
Perron
Schenn

That is f***ing insane.
It doesn't seem like we lost. Feels more like a win, for the very reasons you've outlined.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
I have just never seen anything like this before. I mean we have had key guys out for long periods of time before but this many guys missing at once. With the outbreak in Springfield at what point does the NHL consider postponing some games like they did with the Islanders.
this ....and yeah the thunderbirds have 13 players/staff out ? it will only be a matter of time before someone else goes on the covid list here

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I hope they don't rush anyone honestly. If we can get some relief and call up another 2 players, let the other guys take some time to get adjusted. I don't want someone like Perron coming back and then screwing himself over later in the season because he wasn't ready. Same for Schenn, Kyrou, and the other injured players.
Zackly! Take the conservative route with this. No rush.

Reactions: ezcreepin

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Anaheim is #1 in their division and #2 in the conference. Going to overtime, with a goalie who we signed less than a week ago, and with multiple players out, including our Starter and Backup, an entire line of our top six forwards, an entire line of our bottom 6 forwards, our best all-around top 4 Defenseman, and Walman. Just to lose ANOTHER top six forward while already playing with 17 forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad