Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Dallas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Holtby deserved more, but we’ve been on the opposite side of these kinds of outcomes enough that I can’t muster much sympathy.

Reminds me a little of the anticlimactic late win in Winnipeg when (Schenn?) came on because someone broke their stick. Gearing up for OT and suddenly the game was over.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
From the P-D

Before the puck came out to Krug, Schenn had grabbed the stick of Dallas’ Miro Heiskanen behind the goal and pulled him to the ice, for what easily met the qualifications for a penalty. It wasn’t. Referee Corey Syvret’s view of the play was blocked by Pavel Buchnevich and play went on.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
I’m not seeing the whole “the refs gave the Blues this one” view at all. There were zero calls on Dallas in the 3rd where the Blues dominated. Then they call Perron for tripping after he laid a perfectly good n legal hit on Benn right after he released the puck! That was with 5 minutes left and the Stars came really close to icing the game. 2 valuable minutes off the clock thou.

Then the stars kept crying and flopping like the did for most of the 3rd. Why would Heiskadan (spelling) flop when your stick gets held for a second? It’s under a minute and if he would have stayed on his feet then he had a clear step on Buch and probably would have cleared the puck and won the game.

Instead a flop and extremely dangerous two handed to Kyrou’s wrist ended up costing them!

What a finish!

Reactions: Joshuar56

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
Got to watch this at my brothers house while helping him on a project. Fully intended to skip this game and it seems most of the Blues players (outside of Binny) felt the same way. We never get going for an afternoon games let alone on a Sunday!

So happy for the win though, also happy I wasn’t here to drown in the negativity (not that it was not deserved) lol!

Last edited:

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
From the P-D

Before the puck came out to Krug, Schenn had grabbed the stick of Dallas’ Miro Heiskanen behind the goal and pulled him to the ice, for what easily met the qualifications for a penalty. It wasn’t. Referee Corey Syvret’s view of the play was blocked by Pavel Buchnevich and play went on.

Your legs don't give out when someone holds your stick unless you're flopping which Dallas is known to do.

Mar 6, 2012
The call on Hakanpaa was weak but so was the previous one on Perron. The call on Benn was blatant, and yes, they 100% missed the penalty on Schenn. Calls get missed like 20 times a game, it happens.

I can see someone being annoyed about Kyrou passing it with a broken stick, but in real time it all happens so fast that I really don't see it as a penalty. He dropped it like .5 seconds after it broke.

Reactions: JeffP

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Didn't see the game but saw the highlights in the last minute. I could watch this over and over again! LOL

Edit: Also just scrolled by this. NHL has made a scoring change

Last edited:
Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Mar 6, 2012
Actually, I just rewatched it and I think you could make a pretty good argument that Kyrou did indeed play that with a broken stick.

At full speed though, I can how it would be easy to miss. The penalty against him was definitely a good enough whack to be a slashing even without the stick breaking. The ref probably didn't even know it was broken.

Mar 6, 2012
I started watching this game at like 3pm. I was planning on watching it from the beginning, but my stupid remote on the second TV has been dropped like 50 times by my kids and is currently being held together by rubber bands. Because the band was pushing down on one of the buttons, when I tried to skip a commercial break I accidentally skipped the whole game and it started up with like 8 minutes left in the 3rd. I watched for like 20 seconds before I realized what happened and when I did and had the score spoiled I said, screw it and just let it keep playing.I was pretty annoyed, but I think it may have worked out for the best.

Mar 6, 2012
Is it just me or do most of the players seem to really hate doing these post game interviews in front of the whole stadium?

I feel like if someone took the bull by the horns and really hammed it up and played to the crowd they could quickly become fan favorites.

Instead they all just look like they want to run away as fast as they can.

Reactions: badmoth

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Is it just me or do most of the players seem to really hate doing these post game interviews in front of the whole stadium?

I feel like if someone took the bull by the horns and really hammed it up and played to the crowd they could quickly become fan favorites.

Not just you.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Actually, I just rewatched it and I think you could make a pretty good argument that Kyrou did indeed play that with a broken stick.

At full speed though, I can how it would be easy to miss. The penalty against him was definitely a good enough whack to be a slashing even without the stick breaking. The ref probably didn't even know it was broken.
If Kyrou knowingly played that puck with his stick broken, it’s some sort of closure on this circle of karma.

bluebird enthusiast

Dec 3, 2014

Hockey players aren't known for their dry interviews for nothing. Too much cultural inertia against being expressive in professional hockey, it seems. Always have to be rigid and sanitized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad