Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Caps 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I like Mikkola at his point, but passing out of his zone is rough and he worse as he approaches the neutral zone.

Kostin having a rough game.

STLegend

Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon
Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
What a hectic 1st period.

How much longer can DA continue to let Scandella hold us back. He's the clear weak link and glaring area in need of improvement, and no perunovich isn't the answer. Yet.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
forwards HAVE to do a better job in the Dzone going forward.. that's the diff in their winning ways and ...well..this..

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The way The Caps were dominating play early, The Blues are lucky to be tied at the end of the period, and that The Caps were also very sloppy. I hope The Blues kill off the penalty, and use that to gain momentum, and tighten up their game. They're going to have to be better than usual without Tarasenko. But they are so very deep that they can not miss a beat IF they play their "A" game.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
The way The Caps were dominating play early, The Blues are lucky to be tied at the end of the period, and that The Caps were also very sloppy. I hope The Blues kill off the penalty, and use that to gain momentum, and tighten up their game. They're going to have to be better than usual without Tarasenko. But they are so very deep that they can not miss a beat IF they play their "A" game.

good point.. welcome to what the world looks like without Vladi.. and this is just one game..

kreele

Oct 12, 2017
Hockey being very fast paced I have never understood why the refs can’t take 30 seconds to review. They could even make the review part of the tv timeouts.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
good point.. welcome to what the world looks like without Vladi.. and this is just one game..

Yes having two legitimate game breakers in Kyrou and Vladi is what makes us so dangerous. Not looking forward to his eventual departure. Maybe we get a young Vladi in replacement but I’m not holding my breath nothing in the prospect pool looks promising in this regard either.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Love Miko's game.

Keep playing kid!
Mikkola's really starting to break out. All of a sudden the light clicked on, and he's moving up to the next level. A really unsteady development track. Rather fits and starts than steady improvement. But it's very welcomed after having such a slow and modest level of improvement up through the first 20-25 games of this season.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Mikkola's really starting to break out. All of a sudden the light clicked on, and he's moving up to the next level. A really unsteady development track. Rather fits and starts than steady improvement. But it's very welcomed after having such a slow and modest level of improvement up through the first 20-25 games of this season.
unsteady is prolly a good way to put it, but he IS improving.. think folks are expecting a bit too much.. he's playing pretty well

and for the 'numbers' folks, yes, his number will look worse than the 2nd pairing cause.. they are getting the tougher assignments..

keep playing the kid and hopefully he keeps improving

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
unsteady is prolly a good way to put it, but he IS improving.. think folks are expecting a bit too much.. he's playing pretty well

and for the 'numbers' folks, yes, his number will look worse than the 2nd pairing cause.. they are getting the tougher assignments..

keep playing the kid and hopefully he keeps improving

Unfortunately we need the shutdown paring to be able to provide better numbers if we wish to make a deep push into the playoffs imho.

Colt - Scandella or Colt - Mikkola the numbers haven’t been good enough yet. Maybe Mikkola grows enough through the regular season and Colt steadies in his role through familiarity with a partner.

A greater commitment to team defense as we saw in December from the forward core when the Springfield guys were up would go a long way as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad