Blues Trade Proposals 2021-2022 Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I 100% believe that Armstrong has been in contact about Eichel, I also 100% believe that Eklund is not the one to have the scoop on it, so this specific rumor, I do not believe. Army has a long history of having serious interest in big names on the trade market, and they either come as a complete surprise when the deal completes or interest was confirmed, or it's something that is well known by this point in the Eichel discussions. We obviously landed Bouwmeester, Miller, O'Reilly, Schenn, Buchnevich, and Faulk, and we've also had confirmed interest over the years in guys like Hamilton, Hall, Spezza, Drouin, and I'm sure there's more.

Army could easily view Eichel as a way to finish off that next core group with a star centerpiece, and a way to keep up with Colorado and Vegas in the West arms race. I have a hard time seeing Army giving up significant NHL roster pieces for a guy that can't currently play though.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Is Eichel really worth ALL that???? Neighbours is really looking like he's made to do well in The NHL. ALL that PLUS next year's 1st Rounder???

Not at the moment. Lots of questions surround his health.

When healthy and if he is put on a good team, I think he’s a 90+ point stud.

His life has been absolute hell in Buffalo. I feel bad for him. There’s only so much one man can do in that organization.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'll add this to the Eichel post, it sounds like Buffalo doesn't want to retain, and since we are already wanting to move Tarasenko, we could be one of the better spots out there. There can't be too many teams that are both willing to give up significant assets for Eichel and the ability to realistically fit his full contract in. Then you have to factor in the teams that are comfortable with the neck procedure that he wants. His price won't be what Buffalo wants just because of all the baggage that comes with him.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I'll add this to the Eichel post, it sounds like Buffalo doesn't want to retain, and since we are already wanting to move Tarasenko, we could be one of the better spots out there. There can't be too many teams that are both willing to give up significant assets for Eichel and the ability to realistically fit his full contract in. Then you have to factor in the teams that are comfortable with the neck procedure that he wants. His price won't be what Buffalo wants just because of all the baggage that comes with him.

Even if we move Tarasenko, we can't fit Eichel's full contract. We'd have to move someone else. If nobody can fit Tarasenko, then how do we move his contract? If Buffalo takes him, we aren't getting value for him. Why do they want a guy with 2 years left who probably won't re-sign there. Even if he waives to go to Buffalo, he'd have to waive again for them to flip him. We'd be losing Tarasenko, losing someone else for cap, and weakening our already weak farm system for a guy who cannot even contribute this year, and may never be close to his old self again. No thanks.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Even if we move Tarasenko, we can't fit Eichel's full contract. We'd have to move someone else. If nobody can fit Tarasenko, then how do we move his contract? If Buffalo takes him, we aren't getting value for him. Why do they want a guy with 2 years left who probably won't re-sign there. Even if he waives to go to Buffalo, he'd have to waive again for them to flip him. We'd be losing Tarasenko, losing someone else for cap, and weakening our already weak farm system for a guy who cannot even contribute this year, and may never be close to his old self again. No thanks.
Tarasenko+Thomas is more than Eichel. I'm not advocating that we do an Eichel trade, personally I'd be scared off of his neck procedure, too much risk for my liking. I'm just stating that with all the baggage, whoever gets him, will get him cheaper than the reported price. Buffalo might not be in a rush, but they will want to move him before his NMC kicks in.

If Buffalo is willing to take Tarasenko with the intention to flip, if Tarasenko is will to go there with the condition that he wouldn't stay there, if Army is comfortable with Eichel's neck, if Army is comfortable with Eichel not playing a good portion of the season, if Army is comfortable with the acquisition cost, then it's something we might be better set up to do than other teams. It's a lot of if's, but all the teams out there have the same questions/issues.

While the injuries are different, my concern is Eichel would be similar to Lindros and the team acquiring Eichel will never have what Eichel could be for an extended period.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yes acquire Eichel and let same doctor who operate Tarasenko's shoulder fix Eichel's neck.

7kTP.gif

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
Tarasenko, Thomas and Mikkola get it done. We cannot mortgage our future and include Perunivich, Neighbors and a first..

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Eklund- Blues are in on Eichel…big time

Thomas + Perunovich + Tarasenko + Neighbors + 2022 1st

A few people said it was way too much and a few people said it wasn’t nearly enough. It’s funny how differences of opinions are.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
A few people said it was way too much and a few people said it wasn’t nearly enough. It’s funny how differences of opinions are.
It's all about his health, those that aren't as worried view his value as a lot more, those that see it as a major risk, won't want to give up nearly as much.

Reactions: Robb_K

Zezel’s Pretzels

May 25, 2019
Eichel at the expense of all of those parts is DEFINITELY not worth it for me given his health. With the way the team looks out the chute, I want to see Thomas, Neighbors, and eventually Perunovich grow here. I would have zero qualms with trading 91, Thomas, and a pick or two for a HEALTHY Eichel.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Eklund- Blues are in on Eichel…big time

Thomas + Perunovich + Tarasenko + Neighbors + 2022 1st

Before the season I would have done this. After seeing Neighbors, Perunovich and Thomas recently I'm not so sure this is a good idea. Even Tarasenko looks like he wants it as bad as he wanted that cup in 2019. I just can't see us doing it.

Reactions: Zezel’s Pretzels

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
It's all about his health, those that aren't as worried view his value as a lot more, those that see it as a major risk, won't want to give up nearly as much.
That's it in a nutshell! Neck problems are quite worrisome. I would stay away from Eichel. We'd do better to try to build a good team around Tarasenko, and treat him really nice, so he'll change his mind about wanting to leave, and he'll also play his very best, and even work on trying to improve his overall game (like Hully did with Dallas) to have a better chance to win The Stanley Cup again.

Reactions: A Real Barn Burner

alwaysBlue

Jan 17, 2018
We have one of the best forward groups in the league already, why gut that for a guy who may not play this year?

Reactions: TK 421

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
It's not much of a discussion if he's not healthy. However if you believe the rate of successful procedures with non-hockey players predicts a worthy risk, then it's what you're comfortable risking.

If Eichel returns to form then it's difficult to lose a trade of Thomas + parts for him. Healthy Eichel is significantly better than Thomas is going to be. So it's a big upgrade while staying young.

(1) What are you willing to pay to upgrade from Thomas to healthy Eichel for the 2022 playoffs and years beyond? (2) would the roster subtraction price prevent the Blues from getting in the postseason this year? (3) how would using Tarasenko's cap to cover Eichel impact the search for upgraded LD?

This last one is my #1 hesitation.

Not sure the answers or even if the health is worth the risk (hi bad faith gang), but those are the top questions. The upside is a two-tiered offensive corps of ROR-Perron-Schenn-Saad and a younger core of Buchnevich-Eichel-Kyrou, in addition to keeping a conference rival from adding a top young center. The downside is not being able to address the defense, but the playoff offense would be really dangerous.

I assume if it took place the Blues would acquire Eichel on LTIR buying them time to trade Tarasenko, and Sundqvist's cap hit would supplant Thomas. If you want the Tampa LTIR loophole and keep Tarasenko too, to end then let the league see the Blues benefitting by using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad