Blues Trade Proposals 2020-21 - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbluesfan22

Mar 29, 2021
May need an extra center or wing with Thomas injury.....Hall would actually make a lot of sense. Even before the injury i liked Hall. Would love to see him as a Blue. And everybody saying they cant resign him AND Schwartz....I think you could. Gets a little tougher in the following season though

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
This could be the worst outcome for heading TDL. Play 2 really impressive games.

Hopefully hopefully this doesnt dimish previous 38 games and look blindly for these 2 games.

We aren't buyer after these 2 games.

Dont be fool.

You stay put and dont do anything now. Would be ideal move.

Or move Hoffman he doesnt belong in this team.

Reactions: Blues Knight

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Exactly right. I would move Hoffman though for a player that would be a better fit. Or add another 2nd rounder.

But a lot depends on tonight’s game.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Trading Hoffman to a contender likely means we’d be retaining, which we don’t want to do if we bring in Hall. Trading him to BUF with a plus for them to trade him with retention makes way more sense.

Reactions: Mike Liut

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I understand everyone liking Hall, but why would we ever want a guy like that as a rental right now, especially with our cap situation after this year (assuming we re-sign him)? If we traded him with the expectation of signing, it would have to be like a 6 or 7 mil deal MAX. You lose the 5 and 4 mil deals from Bozak and Hoffman, but I bet Army likes Bozak enough to sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal at a low price (maybe 2-ish mil?), so depending on the situation you could have 9 mil or 7 mil in cap. Then you have to take into account the expansion and who gets claimed, which could be Sunny, Barby, Dunn, Blais, Sanford, Mikkola, etc. Best case scenario cap wise Seattle takes Sundqvist and we have roughly 9-11 million in cap space. Even at that point, I really don't know why Armstrong would handcuff himself so hard by signing Hall when we have other players who would be due raises in a few years. I should mention my analysis takes into account the Blues re-signing Schwartz at roughly the same cap.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Our prospect pool is pretty thin. I really hope DA doesn't spend any assets to acquire Hall. Go after Hall in the offseason when it will only cost $$$.
Even then, probably don’t do that. I want no part of whatever a Hall extension looks like.

I really don’t get the idea of adding someone like Hall this year. I guess if it’s a straight swap of Hoffman + something small, whatever. But this doesn’t seem like anything close to an “all-in” year, and I question how much Hall even really changes things this year. If DA parts with futures for Hall I will be pretty peeved.

Last edited:

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
Hoffman has 9 goals, 12 assists , and is a plus 4. Why get rid of him? Purely due to style? That kind of sucks. Hall has had a terrible year, granted his team is awful..still

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Hoffman has 9 goals, 12 assists , and is a plus 4. Why get rid of him? Purely due to style? That kind of sucks. Hall has had a terrible year, granted his team is awful..still
He's a streaky goal scorer, floats more often than not, and Berube clearly isn't going to use him in the role that suits him best which is the right side on the powerplay. Might as well cut your losses and get a player that fits the system or recoup some picks

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
He just doesn't fit our style of play, and Berube's coaching. On top of that Hoffman has underperformed. Best just to part ways with him, and it gives us an opportunity to acquire some assets for him after it cost nothing to bring him in as a free agent.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
If we view Hall as more than a rental, does that mean we let Schwartz walk? Think I would prefer to resign Schwartz over Hall.
You'd be super close to the cap if you sign Schwartz. Definitely not an ideal situation given you're going to sign both of them to at least a few years if not more. Even if Schwartz gets hurt every year, he is much more effective as a Blues-type player than Hall probably would be.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Hall @ 50% for Sanford, Alexandrov, and a 3rd in 2021 fits just under the cap if you move Mikkola to the taxi squad...
You could even include conditional picks.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I could see Mikkola going the other way in a potential Hall trade, they have a huge need at LHD. Frankly tho, I have a hard time believing that rumor is anything more than a leak from Buffalo to try to gin up interest/prices for Hall.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Boys are playing for each other right now. I take everyone off the market. And I was the one who initially brought up moving Schwartz.

So a this point you need to keep everyone. And NO to Hall.

Hall is interesting, but we are no longer in experiment mode. It's do or die right now. Everything...I mean everything counts now. Maximize what we've got and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad