Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
If I were looking to make a move, I would want to go after d prospects instead of forward prospects. Have you looked at our right side.

It isn’t just a knock on Pool party, but I don’t see a need with JK , Kostin, Bokk. But because I am lazy, which side does he shoot.

Fabbri. I dont know. I think he has proven more and I am not sold on Pool party, but with his injuries I am not sure how Edmonton can trade for Fabbri. Even if he were offered.

Here is another issue, Pool party has to go on waivers next year so you better be darn sure he is going to stick.

With JK coming up and a pretty tight line up, I don’t see where you would even fit him. Yes he has speed, but he doesn’t handle the puck well and I am not sold on home being a third liner.

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
Lol.. cause comparing pre injured fabbri playing on a wcf blues team is the same as comparing pool party to playing on one of the worst organizations in the NHL is great.

Fabbri will never he what he could have been, he cant beat out barbs, sund, Sanford, mac mac, ect.. for regular playing time, this is pro sports not peewee not everyone gets chances they dont earn.
The difference between you and I is that you’re calling what you see right now as his baseline. I’m not ready to do that. I think it’s pretty silly of you to decide that this is who he is less than a year after his second recovery but you’re entitled to your opinion and instinct.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
It usually takes a full season of playing after a major knee surgery before a player regains form. With Fabbri it will take even longer. He looks to be skating good enough already. His game just needs to come around.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Lol.. cause comparing pre injured fabbri playing on a wcf blues team is the same as comparing pool party to playing on one of the worst organizations in the NHL is great.

Fabbri will never he what he could have been, he cant beat out barbs, sund, Sanford, mac mac, ect.. for regular playing time, this is pro sports not peewee not everyone gets chances they dont earn.
I understand where you are coming from, but I think there is something to be said for Fabbri's passion for the game and the desire to prove to himself and the organization that his best days are still ahead of him. I'm more willing to see what he can bring to the table down the stretch, and having a full off season of work to regain strength and confidence and carve a role for himself than swap him with another player to a franchise that his a recent history of drafting busts.

Reactions: Default

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Remember a few months ago how some were pushing Tarasenko out the door cuz..."get dat value before itz gone"? How how insane would that of been. That was just a shoulder surgery with no real missed play time. Took him awhile to get his game back

Is it far fetched to think it will take Fabbri longer to get his game back?

Look how we criticized management for scratching Thomas fairly often.....that seems to have paid off.

Fabbri should have a large window given his circumstances. His value right now is probably next to nothing....waiting till next year wont change much.

There needs to be a case for Fabbri to go to the AHL and stay down till he's ready

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Remember a few months ago how some were pushing Tarasenko out the door cuz..."get dat value before itz gone"? How how insane would that of been. That was just a shoulder surgery with no real missed play time. Took him awhile to get his game back

Look how we criticized management for scratching Thomas fairly often.....that seems to have paid off.

Fabbri should have a large window given his circumstances. His value right now is probably next to nothing....waiting till next year wont change much.

There needs to be a case for Fabbri to go to the AHL and stay down till he's ready
You're not wrong. And I wouldn't deal Fabbri for mid-round pick or anything. But I would deal him for another young talent that has his own issues, such as pool party, especially if that player was waiver exempt.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018

I'm all for this as well. He would be getting top 6 minutes and playing on a nightly basis, rather than putting a ton of pressure on himself when he does get in our lineup and feeling like he can't let his rust show without being scratched and waiting his turn again.

Reactions: Dbrownss

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010

This place is all so emotional and reactionary. I get caught in it too. Look at how everyone wants to crown Berube despite the fact that our last coach just two years ago did the same exact thing with this team. I swear I’ve seen comments word for word about Berube that were said about Yeo. “Our D is so much more engaged” “guys just like playing for him” “Our D system is so much better” etc etc.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
This place is all so emotional and reactionary. I get caught in it too. Look at how everyone wants to crown Berube despite the fact that our last coach just two years ago did the same exact thing with this team. I swear I’ve seen comments word for word about Berube that were said about Yeo. “Our D is so much more engaged” “guys just like playing for him” “Our D system is so much better” etc etc.
Agree'd, I'm fine if he ends up the coach but it better be over the summer

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
What fun would it be if we weren't all emotional and reactionary?

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Would anyone consider Craig Anderson for Jake Allen? Anderson has one more year, which would help with Binnington and Husso's development. We would then be free of Allen's contract.

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
Would anyone consider Craig Anderson for Jake Allen? Anderson has one more year, which would help with Binnington and Husso's development. We would then be free of Allen's contract.
Such an awkward situation because of Allen's contract and his play being bipolar. It's a tough decision tbh. I think I'd rather hold onto a Binnington/Allen tandem though, but I wouldn't be that upset by that trade.

Inb4 Allen looks shakey again and we all want his head...

Reactions: simon IC

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
No. If there is one goalie that pisses me off....its him. Anderson getting beat glove side is iconic. Hes frozen for like 10sec after the goal

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Thomas looked bad at the start of the season and we decided to be committed to his development anyway and rode it out. Then Thomas started getting better and we/ he benefited greatly from it.

I think Fabbri needs some of the same support. Sitting him ten games can’t be helping with his timing, getting up to game speed, nor his confidence. All of which he certainly needs.

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
Not happy with Fabbris usage either. They were fighting for s playoff spot before but now there is some breathing room. Time to take a ‘risk’ and let him play some.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Not happy with Fabbris usage either. They were fighting for s playoff spot before but now there is some breathing room. Time to take a ‘risk’ and let him play some.
Agreed. I'm hoping if Blais is in the lineup tomorrow that they leave Fabbri in and let Maceachern sit. Not taking anything away from his steady play, but at this point Fabbri needs the ice time more, and it probably wouldn't hurt Mac to watch from the press box. His career trajectory has changed tremendously in a months time and I'd be willing to bet a part of him is feeling overwhelmed mentally.

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
Agreed. I'm hoping if Blais is in the lineup tomorrow that they leave Fabbri in and let Maceachern sit. Not taking anything away from his steady play, but at this point Fabbri needs the ice time more, and it probably wouldn't hurt Mac to watch from the press box. His career trajectory has changed tremendously in a months time and I'd be willing to bet a part of him is feeling overwhelmed mentally.
The Official HF(abbri) Blues Board.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
If both Panarin and Stone cost the same to get and both signed the same extension with us which would you prefer to have?

My Thinking is that Schenn/Schwartz as LW are very strong but we don't have a serious legit #2 RW behind Tarasenko which is what Stone would play, right?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
If both Panarin and Stone cost the same to get and both signed the same extension with us which would you prefer to have?

My Thinking is that Schenn/Schwartz as LW are very strong but we don't have a serious legit #2 RW behind Tarasenko which is what Stone would play, right?
I would say Stone hands down. Bigger, better defensively, and as you suggested, is a better fit in terms of organizational need.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Could just not play Blais........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad