Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
If the team can be improved, it should. Current results are nice but playoff hockey is another level.

I don’t see a lot out there that is better then what we have. The three difference makers aside, Guys like Hoffman need to be in the top 6 to be successful. I don’t feel that any of the second tier guys are better then anyone in our top 6.

So I see no reason to make a move. As for d, Fowler would be a good add and if we are sending a dman to the ducks then we really don’t have to worry about the expansion draft.

I wouldn’t move JK at this point and I would not be willing to move Bokk. Kostin as the addition, sure. But I think it is overpayment for Fowler.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
They've historically been a budget team but they've been spending like drunken sailors last couple years. They have several old, broken down, former stars whose contracts are anvils.

I like Fowler but he has been bad this year. I assume it is fluke of being on bad team and some bad luck. I would pay pretty good price for him. HL I would pay substantially more for. As you say, he is the 1LHD we haven't had in years.
How bad has Fowler actually been? I know that Anaheim fans think that he has been terrible, but they have been complaining about him on and off for a few years now.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I don’t see a lot out there that is better then what we have. The three difference makers aside, Guys like Hoffman need to be in the top 6 to be successful. I don’t feel that any of the second tier guys are better then anyone in our top 6.

So I see no reason to make a move. As for d, Fowler would be a good add and if we are sending a dman to the ducks then we really don’t have to worry about the expansion draft.

I wouldn’t move JK at this point and I would not be willing to move Bokk. Kostin as the addition, sure. But I think it is overpayment for Fowler.
I think my addition would be Fabbri. I’d keep Kostin over Bokk. Until he sets foot over here and proves he will play anything other than a perimeter game, I wouldn’t get too excited. Plenty of star Euros that can’t translate their game here. I sincerely hope he does, but I remember Wannstrom being a world beater too.

Reactions: Girth Butcher

Girth Butcher

Mar 15, 2014
St. Louis
This pool party talk makes me curious. Would Hitch try to engineer a trade for Parayko? Remember Parayko and Mc David we’re very complimentary of each other at the Worlds last year. If the price is right, I do it. But I want ALOT! Pulijarvi + + . Heard Hitch questioning RNH effort a few games ago. Would Blues go All in for RNH, Pool party plus one of their 1st/D man for Parayko, Fabbri Steen/Kyrou?

Any thought my fellow Blues fans? Kinda wild trade that would make NHL/TSN piss themselves for days!

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
This pool party talk makes me curious. Would Hitch try to engineer a trade for Parayko? Remember Parayko and Mc David we’re very complimentary of each other at the Worlds last year. If the price is right, I do it. But I want ALOT! Pulijarvi + + . Heard Hitch questioning RNH effort a few games ago. Would Blues go All in for RNH, Pool party plus one of their 1st/D man for Parayko, Fabbri Steen/Kyrou?

Any thought my fellow Blues fans? Kinda wild trade that would make TSN piss themselves for days!
Any interest in Puljujärvi isn't going to result in a Parayko trade.

RNH is a nice player, but he certainly isn't someone who strikes me as a great fit for our team and someone that we should target. Puljujärvi is a throw-in in a deal like that.

If we had an interest in Puljujärvi then we should try to buy low now. If the Oilers had an interest in Parayko then they can call at the end of the season. Assuming that Pietrangelo is going to sign an extension, I'd be open to offers on Parayko. Just the starting point from Edmonton would probably be Bouchard.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
How bad has Fowler actually been? I know that Anaheim fans think that he has been terrible, but they have been complaining about him on and off for a few years now.
I paid particular attention to him in last night's Ducks game. He looked quick and skilled and even physically engaged. His mental focus seemed maybe to drift a bit at times. I think his biggest problem is his team stinks. He needs a fresh start and would be great addition for us (HL would be even better, but Fowler is much more likely to actually be available).

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I think my addition would be Fabbri. I’d keep Kostin over Bokk. Until he sets foot over here and proves he will play anything other than a perimeter game, I wouldn’t get too excited. Plenty of star Euros that can’t translate their game here. I sincerely hope he does, but I remember Wannstrom being a world beater too.
Fabbri has nearly no value. Kostin is guy I'd be looking to deal if he brought back a difference maker with term. Bokk is someone I'd really want to hold onto. Both bc I think he has more upside and bc clock is ticking on Kostin. This is 2nd year of ELC and he isn't close to NHL player. And he will have other options. Bokk we have more years of control over.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Any thought my fellow Blues fans? Kinda wild trade that would make NHL/TSN piss themselves for days!
If we deal for Pool party would think would be for someone like Fabbri. Parayko is worth far more. RNH is really good player but wouldn't deal Parayko for him.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Fabbri has shown he can be a top-6 player. Puljujaarvi’s problem is that he’s shown that he can’t be. Maroon could find a way to score with McDavid and co. I’m not interested in Puljujaarvi at all.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

Sounds like something that I want no part of.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

News flash but we're not trading Parayko and especially not to f***ing Edmonton for RNH/Pulijarvi.

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
Fabbri has shown he can be a top-6 player. Puljujaarvi’s problem is that he’s shown that he can’t be. Maroon could find a way to score with McDavid and co. I’m not interested in Puljujaarvi at all.

Not since his injury. Totally different player now. He has to prove himself all over a gain.

Reactions: Blueston

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Not since his injury. Totally different player now. He has to prove himself all over a gain.
Sure, but Puljujaarvi doesn’t even have an excuse for his bad play - he just sucks.

Trading Fabbri for Puljujaarvi is like arguing that Fabbri doesn’t have a very good chance of being an NHLer, so let’s trade him for someone who already isn’t in order to save time finding out.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Maybe he could turn it around with a change of scenery, but the stats for Fowler look absolutely awful.View media item 4067

I’d love to have Cam Fowler on Petro’s left side. It would be tough to find anyone on Anaheim’s roster this year with good stats outside of Gibson. It would all depend what the cost is.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I’d love to have Cam Fowler on Petro’s left side. It would be tough to find anyone on Anaheim’s roster this year with good stats outside of Gibson. It would all depend what the cost is.
Look at the relative to team stats. They're awful too.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013

Parayko has been our best D-Man this year and appears to be improving. No way I trade him, particularly because I don't think we should sign Petro to a Doughty-like deal.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

I have zero interest in trading Parayko to Edm for any package. slight interest in Draisaitl.......but they arent moving him. So there just isnt a trade to make.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
Sure, but Puljujaarvi doesn’t even have an excuse for his bad play - he just sucks.

Trading Fabbri for Puljujaarvi is like arguing that Fabbri doesn’t have a very good chance of being an NHLer, so let’s trade him for someone who already isn’t in order to save time finding out.

Lol. Fabbri is not an nhl player at the moment and has had an injury riddled hockey career.. puljarrivi can still be developed, fabbri will never be anything more than a platoon player.

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
Lol. Fabbri is not an nhl player at the moment and has had an injury riddled hockey career.. puljarrivi can still be developed, fabbri will never be anything more than a platoon player.
I don’t see how you can say that about Fabbri at this point. At least he’s had an impact on an NHL team.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I paid particular attention to him in last night's Ducks game. He looked quick and skilled and even physically engaged. His mental focus seemed maybe to drift a bit at times. I think his biggest problem is his team stinks. He needs a fresh start and would be great addition for us (HL would be even better, but Fowler is much more likely to actually be available).

Definitely. I don't know how many times I see Fowler behind the goal line, covering no one in particular, while Gibson eats a scoring chance right in front of the net. Great puck mover, but gets lost in no man's land more than he should.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
How many Edmonton reclamation projects do we have to fall for?

Reactions: Celtic Note
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad