Half-Assed GDT: Blues Stars

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
No Bolduc. Wonder if he gets the last game vs Chicago or if they've essentially made the decision to send him down

I hope not. He's played in 3 of the 5 games so far. As many or more than anyone but Toropchenko. I think they are just sitting him for a game. He may still go down. Someone posted Bannuster giving less than glowing analysis of where gets at in another thread.

I don't watch the practices but I disagree with sending him down based on games this pre-season. He is right now more valuable than all but a few players we have. He led the team in shots in 2 of his 3 games and did not look out if place defensively. His shots aren't going in but it's a tiny sample size. Even absent what playing in the NHL will do development wise, he's shown more this pre-season than all but a few forwards.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Yeah Bolduc out could easily just be wanting to get a better look at someone else (thinking Kapanen specifically).

That said, I think Bolduc has looked like he belonged in the NHL, but sending him down to dominate the AHL and be the first call up wouldn’t be the worst thing IMO.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
We’re definitely carrying the play so far but the finishing issues linger into Game 6 of the preseason.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Dallas opens the scoring, but a good start for the Blues. Much better pace to the game so far.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
For everyone who praised Victory+, its awful on the Dallas feed. This is the dumbest thing I have seen in pro-sports broadcasting. They have cameras full time on the play by play team. The game is in a shrunken down frame, with the announcers and banners taking up a third of the screen.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
For everyone who praised Victory+, its awful on the Dallas feed. This is the dumbest thing I have seen in pro-sports broadcasting. They have cameras full time on the play by play team. The game is in a shrunken down frame, with the announcers and banners taking up a third of the screen.
Agreed. I jumped into Stars GDT to ask about it and they said it's due to preseason broadcast rules they apparently can't just show the game. So dumb. You would think NHL would actually want people to watch the games.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Personally I can't wait.
Hasn't happened yet tonight, but Vitale gets "off subject" far too easily.
I'm usually not one to care about the broadcasters; but I want the discussion to be on hockey, not nail guns or whatever other ridiculous topic Vitale has on his mind that night.

JOSEPH!!!
The Schenn line comes through to even the score.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Personally I can't wait.
Hasn't happened yet tonight, but Vitale gets "off subject" far too easily.
I'm usually not one to care about the broadcasters; but I want the discussion to be on hockey, not nail guns or whatever other ridiculous topic Vitale has on his mind that night.
I'm the opposite, i like the random off-topic banter especially when there isnt a bunch of action. I've never been much of a fan of JK, especially after Panger left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad