Proposal: Blues - Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
No

But thank you for writing "top 3 protected" instead of "lottery protected" because people have different definitions of what that means.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region

Lol I'd have to think about Nylander for Parayako, not a knock on Parayako Nylander is just very good. At the same age Nylander has progressed much further than Parayako, and has shown no signs of slowing down whereas Parayako was only really good last year. I understand defenders take longer to develop, but Nylander projects to be a top 20 centre in the NHL

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Why would the leafs really do this? That's a lot of value and people are saying stuff like sorry blues fans?

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Why would the leafs really do this? That's a lot of value and people are saying stuff like sorry blues fans?
One word. Proven.
Nylander and pick has value based on potential.
Parayko has real value because he's proven.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Lol I'd have to think about Nylander for Parayako, not a knock on Parayako Nylander is just very good. At the same age Nylander has progressed much further than Parayako, and has shown no signs of slowing down whereas Parayako was only really good last year. I understand defenders take longer to develop, but Nylander projects to be a top 20 centre in the NHL

What do you mean he was "only really good last year" ? Last year was his...first season in the NHL. Do you mean he wasn't a good player in college? He was an All-American. Blues fans have been excited about this dude for the last 3 years.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
The value is there don't freak out, Nylander and a 1st round pick from a rebuilding team is a super rich pot.

I know Parayko is a lot of value but it's not like Nylander and a 1st gets you a 1st line centre and a legitimate change at something like Timothy Liljegren or Callan Foote which replaces Parayko on the left side.

I probably wouldn't do it just because Nylander and a 1st is too steep to risk but Blues fan shouldn't be offended.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Why are people thinking this is lopsided for the Leafs? Leafs would be high to do this deal.

The difference in between Nylander and Parayko is not a top 3-10 pick

Barness01

Jan 28, 2016
I'm sorry blues fans but Parayko might be the most overrated player on HF. Not that he isn't a terrific young player, but it seems that the only player that has even value to him is Gretzky in his prime from what I hear. Nylander is a great young player, and is showing promise at a younger age than parayko.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
dear god no. then when we finish 24th-27th, it ends up being Nylander + Callan Foote for Parayako ? :shakehead

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
One word. Proven.
Nylander and pick has value based on potential.
Parayko has real value because he's proven.

Nylander proved that he can score at the NHL level (11pts in his last 12 games)

he proved that he was one of the best players for his age in SHL history (better than sundin,forsberg,kopitar etc)

He proved that he was a top 3 player in the AHL despite being junior aged....

this deal is complete trash. leafs keep Nylander and draft Liljegren/Foote/Hague next year.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Sorry blues fans... as a leaf fan this is getting ridiculous. Makes no sense to move Parayko and makes no sense for leafs to make that package.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I'm sorry blues fans but Parayko might be the most overrated player on HF. Not that he isn't a terrific young player, but it seems that the only player that has even value to him is Gretzky in his prime from what I hear. Nylander is a great young player, and is showing promise at a younger age than parayko.

His value only comes up in trade proposals and considering they have literally no reason to trade a soon to be top pairing defensemen who is on his ELC, why the **** would he *not* have outrageous value?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

They don't.

As a rebuilding team they have zero need for "proven" talent, especially when you factor in they're giving up a blue chip centre prospect in Nylander.

The Leafs are better off with Nylander + 1st

Barness01

Jan 28, 2016
His value only comes up in trade proposals and considering they have literally no reason to trade a soon to be top pairing defensemen who is on his ELC, why the **** would he *not* have outrageous value?

Isn't getting a legit #1 C a reason to trade him? Especially after Backes leaving?

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Sorry blues fans... as a leaf fan this is getting ridiculous. Makes no sense to move Parayko

It depends on a lot of variables that will probably never happen.

Army couldn't pull off a trade with Shattenkirk. I fail to see how anyone would think he could pull off a trade involving Parayko.

How fast do the other Blues' RHD prospects make the jump to the NHL and do they slot in the 2nd pairing? Is Shattenkirk finally traded soon and if so what does the roster look like after the trade?

I think Nylander + 2017 1st winds up being more value than Draisatl and most fans see Draisatl as really close to equal value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad