OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2024-2025

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Chicago style is deep dish nationally because it’s so different. Most Chicagoans eat pub style with and occasional deep dish. It’s sort of misleading.
When I think of St. Louis style pizza, I think of the pub-style thin crust at Blackthorn in Tower Grove. That is some bomb pizza.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Crisscross clouds yesterday above Phoenix. A friend sent me pics of crisscross clouds in Collinsville from this morning.

It’s amazing that these clouds can maintain their formation all the way from Arizona to Illinois.

Science!

EDIT: And before one of you NPCs comes back with some Matrix-protecting nonsense, consider this....Would planes fly so irresponsibly in air space over a large city near a large airport? Like, crashes n stuff? Do normal planes deliberately cross flight paths that were just taken as evidenced by the "cloud", now leaving X-shaped clouds all over the sky? Does that make any sense whatsoever?

Maybe they're just playing tic tac toe.

Last edited:

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Lou Malnati's is amazing. I won't hear any slander on deep dish.
So glad there's a Lou Malnati's near me, but I don't get their deep dish. I get there butter crust.

There was a guy at Jet's (large-chain pizzeria with bomb Detroit-style) the other day who was, presumably, Sicilian going on about how he wants his pizza done in Sicilian style by baking the base with olive oil and blah blah blah.

As the line grew longer, the laughing became louder. We were all like, Dude! You're at Jet's! This is not your Ma n Pa back in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

Minchia!! GTFO!

EDIT: There are at least four Jet's locations in the St. Louis area. Try the Detroit-style. Their NY-style is not good.

Last edited:

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Something I've always wondered about in 'Breaking Bad'.....they were these big-time criminals and all that, yet Jesse spent a lot of time yelling and generally speaking loudly. If I was manufacturing meth or trying to turn a body into raspberry slush, then I sure as shit wouldn't announce it to the entire neighborhood.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad