Blues Discussion Thread 2018-2019

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The answer Allen probably should have given was “Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I’m a big reason we’re not in the playoffs but I will be better next year.”

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The proper response to that kind of question would be "I'm not even going to dignify that with a response." Unfortunately Jake went for the schoolyard reply.

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Notwithstanding my criticism of Jake's play this year, if someone used the word "head case" in a question to him, then it's a rude question and I wouldn't blame Jake for a brusque reply.
Well its true. Allen is head case. He's soft and mentally unstable to play at least B level games.

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017
It's funny that everyone is talking about going for Hoffman. But what about Stone? I know he's basically untouchable but if I was Army I would give Ottawa a call about Stone instead of Hoffman.
Sobotka, Walman, Thompson and a 1st for Stone ?
I feel somehow if Ottawa accepts that trade. Then there's your top 6 RH RW we've been looking for since Brad Boyes lol
Next you go resign Reaves , then go after JT, if not go get Staz back.

Schwartz-Scheen-Vova
Fabs- Staz- Stone
Steener-Thomas-Bergy
Barbs-Brodz-Reaves

Petro-Eddy
Parayko-Dunn
Bortuzzo-Gunny

Hutton
Husso

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
It's funny that everyone is talking about going for Hoffman. But what about Stone? I know he's basically untouchable but if I was Army I would give Ottawa a call about Stone instead of Hoffman.
I feel somehow if Ottawa accepts that trade. Then there's your top 6 RH RW we've been looking for since Brad Boyes lol

Schwartz-Scheen-Vova
Fabs- Staz- Stone
Steener-Thomas-Bergy
Barbs-Brodz-Reaves

Petro-Eddy
Parayko-Dunn
Bortuzzo-Gunny

Hutton
Husso

Everyone talks about Hoffman because he was widely reported as available. Stone’s been brought up a few times but it’s just not realistic. Would you trade Schwartz for that package in your proposal? Because that’s about the value Stone holds. I wouldn’t be moving Stone for a late 1st, Thompson, Walman, and a bottom 6 guy.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

Schwartz-Scheen-Vova
Fabs- Staz- Stone
Steener-Thomas-Bergy
Barbs-Brodz-Reaves

Petro-Eddy
Parayko-Dunn
Bortuzzo-Gunny

Hutton
Husso
That package doesn't even sniff Stone. Think of what you'd ask for Tarasenko and that's what Ottawa will ask for Stone.

I don't understand the fascination with bringing Reaves back. I like him just as much as anyone else, but with Thorburn already signed for next year, do we really need another enforcer? I was sad to see Reaves get dealt, but I've moved on. I'm sure Armstrong has as well.

Reactions: The Note in Ky

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017
Everyone talks about Hoffman because he was widely reported as available. Stone’s been brought up a few times but it’s just not realistic. Would you trade Schwartz for that package in your proposal? Because that’s about the value Stone holds. I wouldn’t be moving Stone for a late 1st, Thompson, Walman, and a bottom 6 guy.
I know people would hate it but you could throw Kyrou or Kostin in that package and Ottawa will budge.

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017
That package doesn't even sniff Stone. Think of what you'd ask for Tarasenko and that's what Ottawa will ask for Stone.

I don't understand the fascination with bringing Reaves back. I like him just as much as anyone else, but with Thorburn already signed for next year, do we really need another enforcer? I was sad to see Reaves get dealt, but I've moved on. I'm sure Armstrong has as well.

Well do you offer that same package for Duchene ? I personally think they would budge for that same package.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I know people would hate it but you could throw Kyrou or Kostin in that package and Ottawa will budge.
Ottawa is likely to trade Stone as The Blues will trade Tarasenko.

It's going to take an elite level prospect plus to get it done.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Schenn, Schwartz, Dunn, Parayko, and Edmundson all going to Worlds for Canada. Husso is going for Finland

Just saw that...pretty cool...especially for Dunn and Ed. I was hoping Parayko would take some time to hone his slapper release but he just seems to want to play hockey year round.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Just saw that...pretty cool...especially for Dunn and Ed. I was hoping Parayko would take some time to hone his slapper release but he just seems to want to play hockey year round.
He used it just fine last time for team NA

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Would anyone give Rick Nash $15M over 3 for 2RW?
He’s still a heck of a two-way guy with 40-points in his stick.
It seems like adding a player for the sake of adding a player.

As you say, he is a ~40 point player now. He is about to turn 34 and he is a leftie.

Assuming we're going to be playing a RW prospect, then that means is potentially the 3RW for the majority of a 3 year deal.

At that point are we not as well just going with Berglund on RW? He is younger, cheaper, provides centre depth and the lower production in recent seasons (compared to Nash) is down to fewer assists rather than fewer goals.

Reactions: The Note

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
He’d be about plan-W...but sadly it wouldn’t surprise me with Army if can’t find a suitable dance-partner for a trade or land any of the bigger free agents. But as pointed out you’ve already got Steen and Berglund flanking the 3C, whom we all assume will be Thomas, and playing him in the top-6 wouldn’t be ideal. Doesn’t mean I can’t see it happening unfortunately though.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Call me delusional, but I don’t think we’re going to see plans C, D, and E out of Armstrong this offseason. He seems very motivated to bring at least one top 6 player in here and I think he’s going to get it done. I do not think he’s going to settle for Rick Nash (for example) and be satisfied with that.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Getting Dahlin is the dream. He's not Erik Johnson, he's franchise player upside.

He is left handed, but he plays the right side. If we won the lottery then it would make dealing with a million Parayko threads worth it.

Still, we have a 5% chance of picking in the top-3. Won't hold my breath, but stranger things have happened.
How funny would it be to win a lottery pick after the Blackhawks publicly stating wanting to "ruin" the Blues season?

Reactions: Alklha

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
My guess for next year.

Army packages the WPG 1st + Kyrou for a top 6 winger like Hoffman.

Blues are stuck with Bouwmeester, Berglund, Gunnarsson, and Steen.

Schwartz Schenn Tarasenko
Fabbri Thomas X (player traded for 1st round pick)
Steen Barbashev Berglund
Sanford Brodziak Soshnikov

To me, the success of the team depends on how the 2nd line (whatever makeup it is) produces. If the Blues don't have 2 lines consistently putting up points, like this year, they'll be in the same boat next year. It doesn't really matter how good Allen is if the scoring woes continue. They need to put up enough points to balance some of Allen's cold streaks.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
If Army comes out of the off-season having dealt our 1st round pick and one of our top prospects for an established NHL forward but does not add a Top 6 center either in that deal or in free agency, then maybe all of the people who have been looking for his head on a platter the last couple of years are right. I'm not saying there is no chance this happens, but I can't see us going into next season planning on Thomas being the 2C.

Reactions: The Note

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
My guess for next year.

Army packages the WPG 1st + Kyrou for a top 6 winger like Hoffman.

Blues are stuck with Bouwmeester, Berglund, Gunnarsson, and Steen.

Schwartz Schenn Tarasenko
Fabbri Thomas X (player traded for 1st round pick)
Steen Barbashev Berglund
Sanford Brodziak Soshnikov

To me, the success of the team depends on how the 2nd line (whatever makeup it is) produces. If the Blues don't have 2 lines consistently putting up points, like this year, they'll be in the same boat next year. It doesn't really matter how good Allen is if the scoring woes continue. They need to put up enough points to balance some of Allen's cold streaks.

A first and kyrou for Hoffman?? That would be ridiculously bad. Kyrou might be a top 6 winger this year and we have him on an elc. He may not have Hoffman’s shot but he exceeds Hoffman’s skill set in other areas. Two ppg in the OHL and an outstanding showing in the worlds is enough for me to say that I want to see if he is for real in a Blues uniform, rather than find out we have made the next Erat for Forsberg trade (when we really aren’t even that close).

Trading a first and a potentially great top six rookie for two years of Hoffman smarks of desperation and is the type of move that will leave this team in a ditch in 2-3 Years. We already have traded future for present (almost half of our first round picks traded since 2010) far too many times and it has gotten us NOWHERE. Its a losing strategy. No thanks on that deal.

There will be plenty of wingers available at next years TDL. let’s see what we have in our two best rookies before we trade them away and discover that we’ve made an epically bad deal. If we have needs at the TDL, we can make a move then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shwabeal

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Everyone knows a top 6 center is more important than a winger. Who do you honestly think the Blues have a shot at getting? @MissouriMook

I don't see it happening. I hope to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad