GDT: Blues @ Avalanche| Round 1, Game 1|So It Begins|

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
I just want a evenly called game, and letting an obvious as hell slewfoot go a couple minutes earlier sets a much different standard

THIS ^^^^

I am not overly critical on officiating til you see something obvious that should be called not and then the trip on MacKinnon gets called.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
THIS ^^^^

I am not overly critical on officiating til you see something obvious that should be called not and then the trip on MacKinnon gets called.
it gonna be like that all series until chief calls em out like he did vs boston

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
We looked great until the O'Reilly trip. I'm not convinced the Avalanche are going to be able to run us out of the series as so many have predicted even with us missing the kind of players from the line up that we are.

I would agree.

I thought we controlled the 5 on 5 fairly well til the O'Reilly penalty got called.

Yes Avalanche outshot us, but what % of those shots were 40+ feet away with no traffic? Quite a few.

ajhahn

Apr 16, 2017
The big issue with the trip is that there was a super clear slew foot trip right before that went uncalled.

Have to call it both ways.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
THIS ^^^^

Amazing it really is. One of the most dangerous plays in hockey (the slew foot) with the ref standing right there and they call a blatant flop on the yearly leader of least penalties taken!!

At that point the Blues had all of the momentum and shots were 5-9 CO.

Reactions: Eldon Reid

yurnxt

Apr 7, 2009
I dunno personally I think all of the crying homer BS you find with "missed calls Waaaaa!" on every board on this site is disgusting but maybe that is just me?

I prefer a game called evenly but with fewer power play opportunities on both sides myself.

We are in this game, we can hang around in this series and if Binnington continues to be our best player as the series unfolds, that doesn't bode well for the "wish we were all wearing contact jerseys" opponents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad