Blues 2024 Off-Season Trade Proposals Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
There is a good reason I live in Tennessee. Actually several, but the economy is a big plus.

I formerly lived in the county in the USA which had the single lowest cost of living in the United States at the time (Cameron County Texas, Brownsville area). But there were some negative trade offs for the positives.

I much prefer having a higher property tax and no income tax. Most counties in Texas do not update your properties value until it changes hands. We paid pretty low taxes on our home that we owned for several years while it appreciated considerably in value. The lower overall tax burden in Texas is very real and it was easy to notice it when I moved there after living in Missouri and then New Mexico. It was jarring when I moved to Montana after and realized how much I was paying in various taxes. I doubt I’ll ever move away from Tennessee. Beautiful Appalachian surroundings, great weather, good people, low cost of living. My wife has never been happier, amd we’ve seen a few alternatives over the years.
What you describe holds true generally in Texas for border and rural counties. The ones in large metros (Houston, DFW, Austin, SA) tend to be much more aggressive in raising property taxes, even without a sale.

Last edited:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
What you describe holds true generally in Texas for boarder and rural counties. The ones in large metros (Houston, DFW, Austin, SA) tend to be much more aggressive in raising property taxes, even without a sale.
Bigger cities have bigger demands on services and infrastructure and often offer greater services, so it sort of makes sense that would be the case.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
Love Galena and Dubuque is right there. Ever been to Dubuque? After the River landing shore area it is a severe incline up a huge hill and then you're suddenly in the flats.
I have not. Davenport/Bettendorf is furthest north I’ve travel in IA. Sounds geographically enticing. I’m not a rock/mountain climber 😂 but I was a geography minor was upon a time. I love areas and destinations relatively close by that make me think I’m not in Illinois. Lol

Yeah I have a list that’s growing but that’s one I have heard before. Lots of good places up here in the Great Lakes region. Eastern Wisconsin and western Michigan are quite beautiful.
During my days in Chicago my employer’s family owned acres upon acres of western Michigan along the lake. He would show the staff photos of his fiefdom. We were in awe.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
1724161122176.gif

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
This along with $25 will get you a small coffee from Starbucks (or however much coffee costs). It's a meaningless stat. Let's see how these guys end up not where they were drafted.
Yeah, f**k you JR! There will be nothing to positively ponder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #amidoingthisright

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
This along with $25 will get you a small coffee from Starbucks (or however much coffee costs). It's a meaningless stat. Let's see how these guys end up not where they were drafted.
You’ve been on an unusually negative run the last few weeks, by your usual standards. This board needs a voice of realism, but I hope you’re having a good summer.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
You’ve been on an unusually negative run the last few weeks, by your usual standards. This board needs a voice of realism, but I hope you’re having a good summer.

Sorry??? I guess. Is it negative to think a meaningless stat is meaningless? Does POJ move the needle more than Kyrou because he was drafted 12 spots higher 7 years ago? Would you rather have 1st round pick Broberg or 2nd round pick Faber? I just think at 22+ we should have enough information to talk intelligently about players value without worrying about what round they were drafted. Sue me for being so negative

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Sorry??? I guess. Is it negative to think a meaningless stat is meaningless? Does POJ move the needle more than Kyrou because he was drafted 12 spots higher 7 years ago? Would you rather have 1st round pick Broberg or 2nd round pick Faber? I just think at 22+ we should have enough information to talk intelligently about players value without worrying about what round they were drafted. Sue me for being so negative
No need to get bristly. It was a sincere wishing you well. You seem a little grumpy to me. I’m not contesting any specific point you’ve made.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
No need to get bristly. It was a sincere wishing you well. You seem a little grumpy to me. I’m not contesting any specific point you’ve made.

If you are asking sincerely, it's a great day. I just got a promotion at work today. I'll be leading an effort to create a new team to be more proactive in how we find, attract, source and train talent based on proposals I have made. The news about these acquisitions is exciting for the Blues upcoming season, even if not game changing. And I've been playing a f-ton of the new college football video game which used to be my most played video game every year until they discontinued it a decade ago. So pretty good summer for me.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I'll try to be as gentle as I can. It would be great if you would post actual opinions and analysis instead of dismissive, contrarian refutations.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
If you are asking sincerely, it's a great day. I just got a promotion at work today. I'll be leading an effort to create a new team to be more proactive in how we find, attract, source and train talent based on proposals I have made. The news about these acquisitions is exciting for the Blues upcoming season, even if not game changing. And I've been playing a f-ton of the new college football video game which used to be my most played video game every year until they discontinued it a decade ago. So pretty good summer for me.

I know I was giving ya shit earlier, but the new NCAA game is awesome. Definitely the game of summer for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad