Prospect Info: Blues 2024-2025 Prospect Thread

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Lucas Fischer with 2 helpers and 4 PIMs last night. Solid start with 2-5-7 in 9 games so far.

Reading through the Sarnia Sting season thread they love him. He's playing 25 minutes a game as the top pair LD and he's used to shut down opposing star players. In a recent game he shut down Beckett Sennecke and went 1+1 as an example. The reports from everyday observers of the Sting say his skating is improved even further from last year and he's better equipped to handle the faster forwards now. I'd like to see him cut down on those PIMS if possible, he's got 15 in 9 games.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
So a few Thunderbirds observations…

Dvorsky. He shines on the powerplay and with the puck. He needs to clean up his defensive game and continue working on his skating. An extra burst would help.
Petersen-he’s hot right now. Solid defensively and skates his butt off. Plus player away from puck. Does all the little things. If he can score in double digits, then he will have a long NHL career.
Sylvegard-I like that he isn’t afraid and finishes his checks. With more adjustment to the pro game, he may be a solid 3rd line player. He has a good shot, but needs to be more selective.
Kaskimaki-he is still adjusting. Makes some plays on his own efforts using his speed and creativity. Seems to steal and thwart the other teams breakouts well. Just no points to show. Needs to find a teammate he syncs with?
Johannesson-he can really move and pass the puck. As he is adjusting, he is getting more confident as well. Very good running power play. He is just okay defensively. Best offensive d man and isn’t close.
Skinner-this kid has played well. Hits boxes out solid first pass. Most surprising player
Buchinger-he is adjusting but will get there. Makes smart plays with the puck.
Loof- I like this guy as a future 5-7. Good first pass not afraid of anyone. Solid defender. He gives you that guy on defense that the other offense looks for, because he will send you flying

Both goalies are very good. We are deep in net. Both could play in the NHL.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Just some scoresheet perusal, didn't watch. From the box scores, not much going on this weekend in the WHL with Mrsic, Jecho, McIsaac and Stancl. Stancl had an assist last night and Mrsci had another score-opening goal in Friday. Prince Albert isn't very good though so PA has had two bad losses in a row and Mrsic racked up a -6 in two games. Stancl's assist came on a Cristall goal, it's a good sign he is getting minutes with him. Jecho plays today in Red Deer

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’m struggling to remember a time when the Blues had as many prospects that bore watching with interest. It’s too much to keep track of. Usually when I get this interested in the prospects it has something to do with the NHL club being hard to watch or disappointing.

I don’t know how the team will add all the missing pieces, but I’m not despairing that they can manage it. There are a lot of young guys who need to establish whether they are going to be stars in this league. They won’t all make it, but it makes for a fun team to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad