Prospect Info: Blues 2024-2025 Prospect Thread

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
Springfield just signed D Scott Harrington. They also signed Schuennaman, so with those two Loof, Malmstram, possibly Johannassen, that doesn’t leave much room for Gaudet and Buchinger. The blue line is getting pretty crowded in Springfield.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Springfield just signed D Scott Harrington. They also signed Schuennaman, so with those two Loof, Malmstram, possibly Johannassen, that doesn’t leave much room for Gaudet and Buchinger. The blue line is getting pretty crowded in Springfield.

Well, let's say it isn't surprising that the Blues signed a deal with the Everblades as we need a spot for all our prospects to play and it is very likely that Springfield/St.Louis are still going to sign a few forwards on AHL-deals (Landon Sim?). Underneath our potential depth, which is probably the best we've had in a long time. Kaskimäki could still end up in Europe.

Potential Rosters and depth.
Blues

Bolduc - Thomas - Neighbours
Saad - Buchnevich - Kyrou
Texier - Schenn - M. Joseph
Toropchenko - Faksa - Kapanen
Walker
LTIR=Sundqvist

Leddy - Parayko
Sutter - Faulk
Krug - Kessel
Perunovich - P.O. Joseph

Binnington
Hofer

Thunderbirds
Alexandrov - Dvorský - Sylvegård
Kaskimäki - Dean - Peterson
McGing - Peca* - Robertsson
MacEachern - Dickinson - Laferrière
S. Bitten*

Tucker - Johannesson
Lööf - Schueneman
Harrington* - Skinner
Buchinger, Malmström (both players rotate with Schueneman, Harrington and Skinner)

Zherenko
Ellis

*AHL-contract

Everblades?
Sim?

Gaudet
Biakabutuka

Cranley

Reactions: Mike Liut

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Yeah, quite crowded. And with the addition of Suter we have 8 D on one-way contracts as well as Kessel so that’s 9 guys that appear NHL caliber to me. If they only keep 7, that’s another 2 heading to Springfield (unless someone gets plucked via waivers).

Lefties: POJ, Perunovich, Tucker, Harrington, Schueneman, Buchinger, Loof, Gaudet, Malmstrom

Righties: Kessel, Johannesson, Skinner, Biakabutuka

Some lefties are going to need to be versatile and be able to play the right side if they want some prime ice time. The only one I know is comfortable with that is Perunovich. Don’t know much about Schueneman or Harrington.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Wheeler released his top 100 prospects overall. Snuggy at 34. Dvorsky at 51. Stenberg at 86. Jiricek at 90. Lindstein at 94

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Wheeler released his top 100 prospects overall. Snuggy at 34. Dvorsky at 51. Stenberg at 86. Jiricek at 90. Lindstein at 94
Yea I just got done reading that, can't say I wasn't surprised to see where some of these guys ended up on his list, not that it really matters.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I wonder if he considers Bolduc graduated or just not in his top 100.

I’d order them a little differently but it all comes down to preference and projection. But it does point out a potential issue we have. The average team should have 1 prospect in the top 32. We have 0. The average team should have 3 prospects in the top 100. We have 5. So lacking in true high impact quality but we have a high quantity of good prospects.

Reactions: Celtic Note

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL

I’d order them a little differently but it all comes down to preference and projection. But it does point out a potential issue we have. The average team should have 1 prospect in the top 32. We have 0. The average team should have 3 prospects in the top 100. We have 5. So lacking in true high impact quality but we have a high quantity of good prospects.
He did mention Bolduc as one of the final cuts, although neither him or Pronman on The Athletic have ever been very high on him.

Reactions: STL fan in MN

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Had him in the list that just missed.

Reactions: STL fan in MN

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Keep in mind, he also organizes prospects into tiers. Despite there being 16 spots between Snuggy and Dvo, they are both tier 4, which accirding to write-ups are guys who project as good 2nd liners.

Our other 3 prospects are tier 6. We have no tier 1-3. Tier 1 is Celebrini. T2 goes #2-8. T3 #9-25. T4 #26-59, T6 60 -100.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Subj

Subjective, wheeler’s kind of a clown. Could easily argue Dvorsky is a top 15 prospect when it’s all said and done and Snuggy top 25

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Can you provide 1 non-Blies-fan who would make that argument?
Yes, I know plenty of people who had Dvorsky in their top 5/6 in the draft and I agreed with them.not crazy to think he’d hover around that 15 range

Snuggy im personally very high on. He brings alot to the table outside of his Elite shooting ability that prospects ranked above him don’t. Maybe I’m being biased there, but there’s plenty of prospects listed there I’d much prefer Snuggy too

Who’re the Blies?

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Can you provide 1 non-Blies-fan who would make that argument?
Button on his list prior to the draft, had Snuggs at 15 and Dvorsky at 26. A lot of the post-draft lists are pretty subjective, especially with an individual person that is trying to both scout for an upcoming draft and then keep up on all previously drafted prospects.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Yes, I know plenty of people who had Dvorsky in their top 5/6 in the draft and I agreed with them.not crazy to think he’d hover around that 15 range

Snuggy im personally very high on. He brings alot to the table outside of his Elite shooting ability that prospects ranked above him don’t. Maybe I’m being biased there, but there’s plenty of prospects listed there I’d much prefer Snuggy too

Who’re the Blies?

5-6 in one draft, but there are prospects from 3-4 drafts in a top 100. And his stock could have dropped from anyone who had him that high.

You know that Blies is a typo for Blues. Are we really making fun of typos? I suck at typing on my phone. Make fun of it if you want, I guess.

Button on his list prior to the draft, had Snuggs at 15 and Dvorsky at 26. A lot of the post-draft lists are pretty subjective, especially with an individual person that is trying to both scout for an upcoming draft and then keep up on all previously drafted prospects.

That was pre-draft. There are definitely 5 or so guys minimum bumping them all back. I highly doubt many would argue we have a top 15 and 25 prospect right now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
5-6 in one draft, but there are prospects from 3-4 drafts in a top 100. And his stock could have dropped from anyone who had him that high.

You know that Blies is a typo for Blues. Are we really making fun of typos? I suck at typing on my phone. Make fun of it if you want, I guess.

That was pre-draft. There are definitely 5 or so guys minimum bumping them all back. I highly doubt many would argue we have a top 15 and 25 prospect right now.
The point is just those rankings can vary greatly.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
The point is just those rankings can vary greatly.

Right. I agree. But even given that, non-biased experts aren't lining up to rank our prospects that high. Calling Wheeler a clown because he doesn't have DVO #15 and Snuggy 25 is a weird take. You can not like Wheeler, but that is not a knock against him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Well, let's say it isn't surprising that the Blues signed a deal with the Everblades as we need a spot for all our prospects to play and it is very likely that Springfield/St.Louis are still going to sign a few forwards on AHL-deals (Landon Sim?). Underneath our potential depth, which is probably the best we've had in a long time. Kaskimäki could still end up in Europe.

Potential Rosters and depth.
Blues

Bolduc - Thomas - Neighbours
Saad - Buchnevich - Kyrou
Texier - Schenn - M. Joseph
Toropchenko - Faksa - Kapanen
Walker
LTIR=Sundqvist

Leddy - Parayko
Sutter - Faulk
Krug - Kessel
Perunovich - P.O. Joseph

Binnington
Hofer

Thunderbirds
Alexandrov - Dvorský - Sylvegård
Kaskimäki - Dean - Peterson
McGing - Peca* - Robertsson
MacEachern - Dickinson - Laferrière
S. Bitten*

Tucker - Johannesson
Lööf - Schueneman
Harrington* - Skinner
Buchinger, Malmström (both players rotate with Schueneman, Harrington and Skinner)

Zherenko
Ellis

*AHL-contract

Everblades?
Sim?

Gaudet
Biakabutuka

Cranley
If Krug will be out for the season (hopefully), then we can basically replace him with Tucker on the NHL roster, and that then opens up a spot for one of those young guys in Springfield.

I agree that this lineup is likely what we will see.

ExtraExtra888

Jul 10, 2023
I think a lot of these prospects guys read way too much into what happened to Dvorsky in the SHL earlier in the season. Pair that with his skating and they don't really feel comfortable projecting him as a 1st line center. I think he will overcome those things and be a stud in the NHL but. Only time will tell who is right.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006

I really like most of the picks we have made where they were drafted and while Wheeler isn’t my prospect compass, I think the point is that we are lacking in the true blue chippers and I very much agree with that. We have high quality depth, but we need more than that.

LetsGoBooze

Dickinson was in range...
Jan 16, 2012
I really like most of the picks we have made where they were drafted and while Wheeler isn’t my prospect compass, I think the point is that we are lacking in the true blue chippers and I very much agree with that. We have high quality depth, but we need more than that.
This. As excited i am about what we do have, drafting 10th or higher shoulda been a priority in all drafts 2023-2025. A re-tool can work without bottoming out, but you still need to hit on multiple tier 2 prospects a few years in a row and a soft sell and possible trade up would have allowed that this past season/draft.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Hopefully enough cap space is cleared to sign a #1 d-man and forward to fill out the roster.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Not to discredit him, but he also had Cole Eiserman at 16 in the same tier as Stankoven and the better Jiricek.

I think Dvorsky should be higher, especially when he has Helenius at 22, who was drafted lower in a worse draft. I think Snuggerud should be lower, but I'm not gonna get into badmouthing our own prospects. Lindstein should be around the guys he was drafted by in Bonk (50) and Molendyk (54) given that I can't imagine they had a better developmental year than he did. Stenberg maybe a tad higher at like 75. Jiricek about right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad