Prospect Info: Blues 2024-2025 Prospect Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
My pick is Lukas Fischer. I really like the kid's potential, and if he shows out in college at eighteen, he's going to shoot up the rankings.
FYI Lukas plays in the OHL

I think when we look back on this list years from now, Lukas Fischer will be viewed as a top 3 player from the group.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Just for fun, which one of these players has the best chance to make the biggest jump in next years poll?

1. Dalibor Dvorsky (89.8%)
2. Jimmy Snuggerud (48.8%)
3. Theo Lindstein (73.1%)
4. Adam Jiricek (41.2%)
5. Zack Bolduc (65.2%)
6. Otto Stenberg (94.4%)
7. Juraj Pekarcik (35.5%)
8. Matt Kessel (58.8%)
9. Zach Dean (77.9%)
10. Vadim Zherenko (40.0%)
11. Lukas Fischer (39.3%)
12. Michael Buchinger (48.3%)
13. Colin Ralph (54.7%)
14. Quinton Burns (22.9%)
15. Ondrej Kos (24.4%)
16. Paul Fischer (27.3%)
16. Jakub Stancl (31.1%)
17. Nikita Susuyev (36.6%)
18. Aleksanteri Kaskimäki (36.4%)
19. Adam Jecho (41.3%)
20. Colten Ellis (28.2%)
21. Arseny Koromyslov (33.3%)
To just jump up the list I would say one of the Russian guys, Susyev and Koromyslov

Reactions: Mike Liut

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I am going with Ralph, our scouts are pretty good
plus the puking references could be fabulous
Every time I hear Ralph I think of either this:
morning-good-morning.gif

Or this:
hUC25y0-AS0yok0DdR-PlzWQb3xPp-nHQbZh1aRs1no.gif

Side note: it took me a solid 3 decades of watching Looney Tunes to realize Ralph Wolf is a separate character from Wile E. Coyote.

Reactions: joe galiba

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Just for fun, which one of these players has the best chance to make the biggest jump in next years poll?

1. Dalibor Dvorsky (89.8%)
2. Jimmy Snuggerud (48.8%)
3. Theo Lindstein (73.1%)
4. Adam Jiricek (41.2%)
5. Zack Bolduc (65.2%)
6. Otto Stenberg (94.4%)
7. Juraj Pekarcik (35.5%)
8. Matt Kessel (58.8%)
9. Zach Dean (77.9%)
10. Vadim Zherenko (40.0%)
11. Lukas Fischer (39.3%)
12. Michael Buchinger (48.3%)
13. Colin Ralph (54.7%)
14. Quinton Burns (22.9%)
15. Ondrej Kos (24.4%)
16. Paul Fischer (27.3%)
16. Jakub Stancl (31.1%)
17. Nikita Susuyev (36.6%)
18. Aleksanteri Kaskimäki (36.4%)
19. Adam Jecho (41.3%)
20. Colten Ellis (28.2%)
21. Arseny Koromyslov (33.3%)
Paul Fischer. Easily.

IF Either of Broberg/Hollway struggle I guarantee you Fischer is going to suddenly become the best defensive prospect we've ever had.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Reactions: sfvega

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
Pronman released his annual prospect rankings. The Blues are at 16. What truly blows the mind, though it surprises me little considering Pronman is a hack, is his ranking of our prospects.

He’s got Jiricek at #1, Jecho at #6, Lindstein at #8, Stenberg at #9. Just some wild stufff, imo.

That site has been mailing it in with their coverage for a while now. Can find better stuff on youtube/twitter for free from people who actually watch the games

Reactions: The Electrician

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I think Lukas Fischer is going to play a long time successfully in the league, that is a player

Last edited by a moderator:

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Pronman released his annual prospect rankings. The Blues are at 16. What truly blows the mind, though it surprises me little considering Pronman is a hack, is his ranking of our prospects.

He’s got Jiricek at #1, Jecho at #6, Lindstein at #8, Stenberg at #9. Just some wild stufff, imo.

I actually usually like Pronman despite knowing a lot of others don't. But I agree this list was absolutely wild, I was in shock reading it this morning. I don't really have as much of an issue with the league ranking but it's the rankings of our prospects and how low on some and high on others that he was, it was really surprising to me.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
That site has been mailing it in with their coverage for a while now. Can find better stuff on youtube/twitter for free from people who actually watch the games
Out of curiosity, who would be a good follow on twitter or YT for similar stuff? Always looking for more good follows

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

Wow. That’s an absolute garbage list. Jecho that high?? Lindstein with below average puck skills and not enough offense to play top-4? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It’s near impossible for one singular person to watch 15-20 prospects for every team (20 x 32 = 640) plus at least 100 more players for the upcoming draft. I think we have our answer to how Pronman does it - he doesn’t. There’s no way he’s actually watching 700+ prospects enough to actually form a viable opinion on that many of them.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

To be fair, he has a Holloway and Neighbours in there pushing Lindstein/Stenburg down. We had a clear top 6. Adding those 2 it's a top 8. Only weird one is Jecho. I can't read it as I cancelled my sub. I was only able to quickly scroll thru the top 5 seeing Neighbours and Holloway.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He and Wheeler basically maintain their draft profiles for prospects. Some evaluators focus on pre-draft prospects and some focus on drafted prospects. Important to know the difference.

Reactions: AyeBah

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
He and Wheeler basically maintain their draft profiles for prospects. Some evaluators focus on pre-draft prospects and some focus on drafted prospects. Important to know the difference.

That would make a lot of sense given him being involved pretty heavily during each draft that he doesn't update the players as they progress.

One thing I noticed by looking through it is it almost seems like a copy and paste on write ups for each one.

One interesting thing to note is out of the forwards in his personal top 10

2. Dvorsky
3. Snuggerud
4. Holloway
5. Neighbors
6. Jecho
7. Bolduc
9. Stenberg
10. Korotky

All aside from Neighbors and Holloway had above NHL average or High-end for the shot rating. Holloway and Neighbors were listed as elite on compete.

Another thing that sort of tells me that he doesn't do much updating post draft is Bolduc is still listed as below average on compete.

I know it's a small sample size, and that was definitely the idea of his game in Juniors. But on the back end of the season last season, his compete looked like his best tool which is really exciting to see.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
Not to be "that guy" but his evaluations on Thomas were -very clearly- made when he was 16-17yo and were not updated until 20-21.

Put another way, in Pronman's eyes, Thomas's skills were mostly Average to Below average...they did not change over the course of him willing his team through the OHL playoffs,nor after his performance throughout the 19 playoffs.

The task given to him is nearly impossible, but his rationale and logic is demonstrably FAR more fragmented than some of his peers. He knows hockey — but I enjoyed reading his team breakdowns much more than his prospect content.

Last edited:

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I’m more warm to Pronman than most. That list and ranking is baffling. Even if it includes players that have played in the NHL vs. those who have not, there should be no reason Korotky or Jecho are that high. Dean has a chance to be an NHL player despite where he is in his development? Lindstein is barely a top-10 prospect in the pool?

None of this makes any sense. Although I do like the comments saying things like, “if Stenberg is the team’s 9th best “prospect”, then the Blues have the best pool in the league.”

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
Out of curiosity, who would be a good follow on twitter or YT for similar stuff? Always looking for more good follows
I'm a big fan of Will Scouch aka Scouching on youtube. He's currently doing team prospect pyramids and we should be up in a few days. I expect it to be much more accurate than Cory. Also like @stlanalytics (i think thats the @) on twitter. I think he has the best takes on our prospects out there, combines eye test, analytics, and sound hockey knowledge. He has a great perspective/ outlook on all of our guys and knows his stuff

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
I’ve probably watched a a lot more of Dvorsky’s games than Pronman, and while his skating needs some improvement, I don’t see him as below average. Pronman just rolls with whatever the ratings were at the draft. I’m sure that’s why he also has Lindstein as a poor offensive player. I think at minimum Dvorsky should be a bubble top of the lineup player which would probably rank him first on our prospects list where he should be.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
When I saw that he had Holloway down as Average for Skating - I knew it was bogus lol. That dude can scoot.

I don't really hate where we are from a team perspective - I think I'd rather have Biuium and Faber over Jiricek and Dvorsky atm, or Beniers/Catton/Wright over Jiriceck/Dvorsky/Snuggerud - but you never know. I think our pool is pretty deep, but we are lacking sure-fire top of the lineup talent/All-star talent. Do we really expect any of our prospects to be better then Thomas? I certainly don't - and that's OK, b/c we already have Thomas. We need our prospects to come along and hit their own individual ceilings, or at least close to it, and we will have a team that's very reminicint of our 19 Cup team.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
it is impossible to take Pronman seriously when I, with my limited viewings, actually know his evaluations for some Blues prospects are off
if these are off for the Blues, they are likely off for most other teams as well
when he says Holloway is an average NHL skater, to quote Inigo Montoya "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad