Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

Prospects Camp preliminary roster is out. Many/most 2024 draftees to be added obviously.

Main surprise IMO is the inclusion of Sim. We don’t hold his rights anymore and he’s eligible to be re-drafted (but likely won’t be). But if he is, safe to say he’ll be attending that team’s prospects camp instead. The Blues must still be be at least somewhat interested in him. Either that or it’s another favor to his dad.

Good to see Koromyslov and Susuyev there. Don’t think either has attended this before so will be good to see them.

No Vorobyov who attended last year.

Can’t think of any other omissions or surprises…I guess Loof and Dickinson were considered established enough as pros to not have to attend.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Really curious to stack some of the defensemen up against each other. And hopefully a few more are added to the list after the draft. I feel we have a decent handle on the forwards, but comparing guys like Lindstein to Burns to Buchinger to Fischer to Koromyslov or even guys like Gaudet and Malmstrom will be interesting.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

Prospects Camp preliminary roster is out. Many/most 2024 draftees to be added obviously.

Main surprise IMO is the inclusion of Sim. We don’t hold his rights anymore and he’s eligible to be re-drafted (but likely won’t be). But if he is, safe to say he’ll be attending that team’s prospects camp instead. The Blues must still be be at least somewhat interested in him. Either that or it’s another favor to his dad.

Good to see Koromyslov and Susuyev there. Don’t think either has attended this before so will be good to see them.

Can’t think of any other omissions or surprises…I guess Loof and Dickinson were considered established enough as pros to not have to attend.
I feel like we just barely did the prospect ranking polls!

Reactions: Fez Whatley

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
Correct, Fischer or any other NCAA player too.
Sure. Something like that.
1718654992284.gif

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That Gibby Homer guy looks pretty intriguing. He's 6'5", so a big goalie, and while he was just the backup, he had a .931 sv% in 14 games with Arizona State.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Army said they didn't want to spend a contract slot on Sim, but made it sound like if he isn't drafted we would offer him a minor league contract.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Lindstein, Buchinger, Burns, Koromyslov, and Loof on the LH and Kessel and Jiricek on the RH. Definitely still needs some work and desperately still needs that player you can build around. Really Hoping one of Jiricek or Lindstein can progress into that rock in the backend.

Really Excited to see Buchinger in the AHL next year. I definitely see a Dunn-like path to the NHL for him. If his offense can translate to the NHL and he can put up average defense I could see him in the NHL late this year or early Next year.

I would not mind seeing Jiricek going CHL route, but, I think he's going back overseas to play. He's young and he is very smart. I don't think his knee injury is going to be detrimental to his career unless it ends up being a reoccurring issue. But, If he's not progressing by next year I don't see any reason the team wouldn't trade him early like they did with Bokk. I don't see him in the NHL until 26/27

Lindstein really impressed me last season. I really think he has some untapped offensive skills that will have him ending up much much better than we originally expected. If all goes well I can see him gunning for a Spot out of Camp 25/26 season.

Burns and Koro are wild cards for me. Burns penalty time compared to the rest of his team worries me, I'm not a fan of a defensemen putting the team down a man as much as he does. I don't know enough about Koro to have any strong feelings.

I don't see Loof being anything more than a 6th/7th D in a Bortuzzo style player.

Reactions: Blueston

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Anyone up to run the prospect poll this year? Probably don't want to do it until after the camp, and I'm going out of town on Wednesday for a couple of weeks or I would do it, but I'm very interested to see how things shake out this year.

Reactions: ExtremeColdWeather

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad