Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
i suspect we work to get him to ohl. now that he signed the club controls this, not the player. whatever kinds of levers can be pushed i trust we will get him somewhere in ohl (like we did dvorsky). perhaps sudbury needs a replacement for their departing slovakian star?
Acadie-Bathurst owns his CHL rights though. Can a players rights even move from the QMJHL to the OHL? I’ve never heard of that.

But maybe there’s a way. I certainly don’t know every detail to CHL rights and any potential league to league transfers.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I know Pekarcik was one of the youngest players in last years draft. Missing the cutoff by just a few days if I am not mistaken. Taking that into account with the season he just had where do you think he would land in this upcoming draft if he was born a little later?
Mid 2nd round IMO. Think he’d be behind Hage, Boisvert, Gridin etc.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
do we take half of Pekarck’s name and then put an er behind it to give him his hockey nickname?
karchie?

Mid 2nd round IMO. Think he’d be behind Hage, Boisvert, Gridin etc.
Better skater by a good stretch than Boisvert and Gridin. I think he would push Gridin in the 3rd. Be interesting to see where they would put him. Not much of a scorer, but he can really dish the puck. He isn't afraid to mix it up either.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
karchie?

Better skater by a good stretch than Boisvert and Gridin. I think he would push Gridin in the 3rd. Be interesting to see where they would put him. Not much of a scorer, but he can really dish the puck. He isn't afraid to mix it up either.

Good passer, pretty physical, high motor. Reminds me of a bigger and better version of Sobotka

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I’m giving the Blues the benefit here that they have a plan for Pekarcik. A jump to the AHL would be quite a leap in my books. Maybe the Blues do view him as professional ready but I think I’d hedge my bets in thinking Pekarcik won’t be in the AHL just yet.

Still, I absolutely adore Pekarcik so I only want what’s best for his development. He’s such a favorite of mine. He’s just fun to watch in so many ways. Seeing him in person, you can tell that he has a lot of physical talents to go along with his surprisingly big frame (he seemed bigger live than what most reports I see say he is, but I could be easily misremembering). He’s kind of adorable too with how clumsy he can be because of how good his tools are. He can skate so effortlessly and be so agile. Yet, also spin around a little too fast and fall on his butt. It’s humorous as I know he’s going to be a damn good skater, but he’s just not quite there yet.

I still think he tops out as a scrappy 3rd liner if he’s an NHL player. I do also think he has a toolset and a potential formula that can make him an offensive contributor. But honestly, I don’t really care if he isn’t. I think he’s going to be really fun to watch if he arrives.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I’m giving the Blues the benefit here that they have a plan for Pekarcik. A jump to the AHL would be quite a leap in my books. Maybe the Blues do view him as professional ready but I think I’d hedge my bets in thinking Pekarcik won’t be in the AHL just yet.

Still, I absolutely adore Pekarcik so I only want what’s best for his development. He’s such a favorite of mine. He’s just fun to watch in so many ways. Seeing him in person, you can tell that he has a lot of physical talents to go along with his surprisingly big frame (he seemed bigger live than what most reports I see say he is, but I could be easily misremembering). He’s kind of adorable too with how clumsy he can be because of how good his tools are. He can skate so effortlessly and be so agile. Yet, also spin around a little too fast and fall on his butt. It’s humorous as I know he’s going to be a damn good skater, but he’s just not quite there yet.

I still think he tops out as a scrappy 3rd liner if he’s an NHL player. I do also think he has a toolset and a potential formula that can make him an offensive contributor. But honestly, I don’t really care if he isn’t. I think he’s going to be really fun to watch if he arrives.
Unorthodox skating and motions to say the least, but…it works. His effortless backhand passes and one timer passes are a thing of beauty. It has been fun to watch. Consistently doing it, not a one time highlight reel. I can see a Dvorsky combo that will be deadly

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

For those that can't see tweets, we signed our prospect Stancl to his ELC. He's a big kid with a heavy shot.

That's in addition to signing Kaskimaki and Pekarcik the past week or so. He played a little bit in SHL last year. Like the other Europeans, I wonder if he stays there or we bring him to the AHL.
what i wonder most about stancl is whether in all the time we spent watching him this year in advance of signing him, did we also develop an affinity for either of the 2 skilled draft-eligible blueliners skating amongst the vaxjo j20 blueliners?

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
what i wonder most about stancl is whether in all the time we spent watching him this year in advance of signing him, did we also develop an affinity for either of the 2 skilled draft-eligible blueliners skating amongst the vaxjo j20 blueliners?
Or the big anchor on their Blueline that played the defensive D role as a late pick or the D+1 speedster that scored close to a goal a game.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Dvorsky's drive is out of this world. Certain players have that attitude about them and you just know that they're going to succeed because they're willing to outwork everyone to get there. Really excited to see how he does this upcoming season.

I truly do think he finds a way to force himself onto the roster to start the season. Snuggy staying at Minnesota for another season means there’s one more opening, and I think he’ll take advantage of that opportunity.

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I truly do think he finds a way to force himself onto the roster to start the season. Snuggy staying at Minnesota for another season means there’s one more opening, and I think he’ll take advantage of that opportunity.
Dvorsky also has room for physical growth. He turns 19 in a couple weeks, is 6'1" and around 200lbs. I expect he'll gain another inch and have an average playing weight somewhere between 205-210. He just needs to improve his skating a little bit.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Dvorsky also has room for physical growth. He turns 19 in a couple weeks, is 6'1" and around 200lbs. I expect he'll gain another inch and have an average playing weight somewhere between 205-210. He just needs to improve his skating a little bit.
For all the talk of how physically mature he is, I thought he looked like he could fill out a LOT after seeing him at last year’s prospect camp. I mean that in a good way - he still has a lot of room to fill out and gain strength

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I think we get a little too worked up over the physical aspect of a prospect. Like it's definitely something that should be noted, but there are lots of small guys and players his size that do extraordinarily well. I think it's more so about learning how to play to players, learning how to use body position, pinning guys along the boards, using deceiving body moves to elude defenders. I'm not necessarily concerned about his weight or gaining physical strength, I'm more worried about how well and quickly he can adapt to using his current frame to his advantage on the offensive and defensive side.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I think we get a little too worked up over the physical aspect of a prospect. Like it's definitely something that should be noted, but there are lots of small guys and players his size that do extraordinarily well. I think it's more so about learning how to play to players, learning how to use body position, pinning guys along the boards, using deceiving body moves to elude defenders. I'm not necessarily concerned about his weight or gaining physical strength, I'm more worried about how well and quickly he can adapt to using his current frame to his advantage on the offensive and defensive side.

Yeah, but having size helps

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Dvorsky's drive is out of this world. Certain players have that attitude about them and you just know that they're going to succeed because they're willing to outwork everyone to get there. Really excited to see how he does this upcoming season.

I think Army is focusing on players with high compete levels in the recent drafts. Im hoping Snuggy fits this mold too to go along with Dvorsky, Stenberg and Pakarcik. I liked Bolduc and Dean’s work ethics this year too. They look like keepers to me.

Reactions: ezcreepin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad