Half-Assed GDT: Blue Note @ Panthers 5:30PM CST Bally Sports Midwest | LOSING STREAK CAGING EDITION

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
they aren't necessarily statistically meaningful, but they are interesting. and they do further the point that many of us have been making, that rosen should be in the lineup until further notice.
Yeah, check my follow up post. His pairings of statistically meaningful minutes have been our best 3rd pairs.

Which you know, shocker that a combo of puck-mover and defensive guy works better than having 2 guys incapable of moving the puck.

Just how, shocker, Kyrou performs better on an offense first line as opposed to a shutdown line.

I know Berube shouldn't be fired, but there's been some questionable deployments by the coaching staff this year. That should be just as inexcusable as the players being shit.

Tvoor33

Feb 19, 2022
Hey guys Great comeback game!!! Nobody ever talks about Leddy & he hasn't been great, but I think him bringing it the length of the ice & trying to score got them going!!! Our scoring started right after that.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Yeah, check my follow up post. His pairings of statistically meaningful minutes have been our best 3rd pairs.

Which you know, shocker that a combo of puck-mover and defensive guy works better than having 2 guys incapable of moving the puck.

Just how, shocker, Kyrou performs better on an offense first line as opposed to a shutdown line.

I know Berube shouldn't be fired, but there's been some questionable deployments by the coaching staff this year. That should be just as inexcusable as the players being shit.
yes, i generally agree. they should never play miko and borts together unless we have about 3 more defensive injuries. kyrou needs to be kept far way from ROR at 5 on 5.

but i look to berube (or any head hockey coach) to set the tone, have the guys ready to play, make them accountable, etc.. it's the assistants it seems to me who generally run the pairings and lines. and i still think our biggest loss was monty- he was far better coach than macT. yeah chief has final say, but our stafff has always under him felt collaborative, that he was less the brains than he was the guy who made sure we got most out of guys every night. maybe i'm wrong, but that has been my perception. and we haven't come to play many nights, which is on him, but the odd deployments seem like mostly work of others. maybe i'm wrong but that is my sense.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And while on the subject, 2 top 4 pairings have a xGF% above 50, Leddy/Mikkola, and Leddy/Parayko.

yes, i generally agree. they should never play miko and borts together unless we have about 3 more defensive injuries. kyrou needs to be kept far way from ROR at 5 on 5.

but i look to berube (or any head hockey coach) to set the tone, have the guys ready to play, make them accountable, etc.. it's the assistants it seems to me who generally run the pairings and lines. and i still think our biggest loss was monty- he was far better coach than macT. yeah chief has final say, but our stafff has always under him felt collaborative, that he was less the brains than he was the guy who made sure we got most out of guys every night. maybe i'm wrong, but that has been my perception. and we haven't come to play many nights, which is on him, but the odd deployments seem like mostly work of others. maybe i'm wrong but that is my sense.
That's why I said the staff, and at the end of the day, Berube is accountable for the decisions of the assistants. A CEO doesn't get an excuse that their CFO or Controller made poor accounting decisions, so they shouldn't be held responsible. Losing Monty was huge, 100%. And it's definitely not a fireable offense, but hopefully they start going with defensive pairings that actually produce results, which based on the lineup changes, I think they will.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
And while on the subject, 2 top 4 pairings have a xGF% above 50, Leddy/Mikkola, and Leddy/Parayko.

That's why I said the staff, and at the end of the day, Berube is accountable for the decisions of the assistants. A CEO doesn't get an excuse that their CFO or Controller made poor accounting decisions, so they shouldn't be held responsible. Losing Monty was huge, 100%. And it's definitely not a fireable offense, but hopefully they start going with defensive pairings that actually produce results, which based on the lineup changes, I think they will.
100% agree with everything you said here.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Just watched the game and holy f****** s*** wtf just happened lol. Kyrou my guy coming over in clutch goddamn is his game heating up.

Krug hasn’t played great lately but what an effort he had tonight he was awesome. Griess was a little shaky early but hung in there like a champ and made a key save late, felt like the boys wanted to get a win for him.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Possible reason for Thomas' absence. Really hope he and Schenn aren't out long, otherwise we are in big trouble. Korac's tweet basically confirms that they both picked up injuries.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Maybe one game in several hundred I will choose to do something else, and yesterday that thing was eat a bunch of psilocybin chocolate with my partner.

During a pause in activities I brought up the game, it's just about to start the third and the Blues are down 4-1. So we mute the broadcast and let the jazz keep playing. That whole third and OT was just jazz. Hockey is really beautiful to jazz. Great day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad