Blue Jackets have closed door meeting with Tortorella to ask him to be nicer to them

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
CBJ's would never ask that because by now they know this will never change Torts is who he is and thats what makes him a good coach. I think his players have more pride then to ask something childish like that

Getting fired every year, he must be so good.

Last edited:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

People here don't think he's a "good coach" because of his actual coaching abilities or X's and O's. They think he's a good coach because he whines and complains about the Penguins.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Torts is a tongue-in-cheek meanie with a big heart.

He's Keenan with charisma.

A lot of bark, but not always a bite.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009

Your recency bias is strong. He spent many succcessful years in both Tampa bay and New York as head coach, just because he sucked in Vancouver doesn't mean he's not a good coach.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Unions, got to love em.

The NHLPA has been around for 50 years. It's not some new creation to ensure the players are coddled.

As far as Torts goes, he's worn out his welcome everywhere. He's a good coach but guys tune him out after a while. It's not a "Millennials" issue. To blame it on the "softness" of a generation is lazy.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Their fragile ego's will be fine. Coaches are not supposed to be their friends they are supposed to be in charge and we need more of this in all the organizations.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why is this so bad? Players asked the coach to calm down. If I was coach I would be happy to get some feedback.

You can't always use the stick on people. You also have to dangle the carrot. Coaching is easy when you're winning. When you're not is the time to earn your money.

I'm betting that Torts still " has the room", but sounds like an adjustment needs to be made.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Why is this so bad? Players asked the coach to calm down. If I was coach I would be happy to get some feedback.

You can't always use the stick on people. You also have to dangle the carrot. Coaching is easy when you're winning. When you're not is the time to earn your money.

I'm betting that Torts still " has the room", but sounds like an adjustment needs to be made.

agreed, eventually the yelling just gets old

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Torts is a tongue-in-cheek meanie with a big heart.

He's Keenan with charisma.

A lot of bark, but not always a bite.

Keenan suited up once a year and let his players head hunt him. Torterella is Keenan with hair that feeds off 2004 hubrus

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
This generation....wow.

Yes, because millenials are the only generation that enjoys being spoken to like adults and not treated like garbage. Torts is known for having a short shelf life with players. Sounds like the CBJ players handled it appropriately.

Yup. Older generations are just confused that this generation isn't afraid to call a guy out for being a dick. Not something they had the guts to do.

It's a bit off-topic but this is also ********. Most of the rights this generation is enjoying have come from previous generations calling guys out for being dicks. It's not a unique quality to millenials.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Looks like Torts is returning to his old ways. To bad as he had been doing a good job in Columbus this year.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Same old Torts. He might have learned a new trick or two, but he's still not very good when the team goes through slumps. Just by watching interviews in the last month or so, he always seems so negative and hyper passionate. It's no wonder if the team is stressed out mentally.

The Jackets are going to get worn out in the playoffs. If not by the other team, by Torts :laugh:

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Just heard the players and Torts will be on the next Dr Phill show player say he is being so mean.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Well, most people here know exactly what was said in the closed-door meetings, and are reacting with informed opinions. Where have you been?

If your going to hold to that standard then why does this message board even exist? Everything about this place is speculation and opinions. Most being completely wrong and or bad. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad