Blue Jackets fire Pascal Vincent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Next guy sure has his work cut out for him.

I don't have a great sense of where the BJs are. Still rebuilding? Expecting playoffs? Bubble team at best?
Might be a long shot but I think Bob Hartley would do wonders there.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Am I missing something? Larsen fired at the end of 2023, Babcock hired and fired in 2023, and now Vincent gone in 2024. The next coach will be the fourth in 2 years.
Less than 2 years. If the guy gets hired soon it will be 4 coaches in 14 or 15 months.
But that's a bit of one of those math tricks, like Cher having a hit in 5 decades.. and you think it's 50 years, but it's like 68-2001 which is "only 33" years.

Reactions: robertmac43

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I wonder if Columbus owners wonder why they suck. Or if they just have a wow it's me attitude.
I think they get updates about every other month or so on how the team is doing.

The ownership is a huge part of the problem. Detached to the point where if it's reasonable to wonder whether they really give a blank.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think they get updates about every other month or so on how the team is doing.

The ownership is a huge part of the problem. Detached to the point where if it's reasonable to wonder whether they really give a blank.
I think ownership realizes that they don't know anything about running a team so they're willing to let the professionals make all the decisions. The downside to that approach is that you can potentially be taken advantage of.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
NHL coaches who I didn't even know were in the league nor could I pick them out of a police lineup for $400.

My Best-Carey

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
We need someone who can be stern but also let players play to their strengths. Vincent was absolutely horrible at allowing creativity and fun which is not a good match for the team he was given. Instead of meeting in the middle he just had his way and kind of smothered our talent and had the team play some wish version of Boston's defensive scheme that the kids couldnt figure out.

Horrible coach for us but would probably be good for a more veteran team which is weird to me considering his background

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad