Half-Assed GDT: Blue Jackets @ Blues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
how will neal fit under the cap when sunny returns? because if sunny is healthy he is 100% playing.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
how will neal fit under the cap when sunny returns? because if sunny is healthy he is 100% playing.
Aren't The Blues going to trade one of their veteran forwards plus a young bottom-6er for a fairly good left defenceman? Maybe that will even out the cap hit so Sunny's cap hit can fit under?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Can waive Brown or Clifford to free the cap needed.
I doubt that ANY team would claim either of those 2, as they are also needing to trim their rosters down right now. So, The Blues could safely send Brown to Springfield. IF he starts playing much better, and goes all-in to be dedicated to the 2-way game, and he's brought up to The Big Team he'd have to pass through waivers to be sent down again. And being sent down in mid season is much riskier, because some teams get short-handed because of injuries. BUT, if he plays well in The NHL then, he won't need to be sent down.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Well, we haven't had a winner in over 20 years, so there's that. But if top 200 D were given a Norris this year, Walman still wouldn't be a contender.

It'd be close. There are only 224 D in the NHL if all 32 teams carry 7. He is our 7th D. So he should be somewhere in the 192-224 range. Although you got to imagine our 7th D is better than some team's 5 or 6 guys. So I'd err on saying he is in the top 200. I just don't see the point of saying "That guy who is fighting to make it as our 7th D...yea, he isn't winning the Norris." Like, no shit. Of course, he isn't winning the Norris. Of course he isn't a top 100 D. If our 7th, possibly 8th best D was one of the 100 best, we'd be in real good shape.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
So, Neighbors and Neal making the Big club with Brown and Kostin going down?
Seems likely at this point, although maybe they keep Brown up like Mo1 suggested. Kostin needs to play games and can pass waivers so if we sign Neal then he's all but guaranteed to start in the A and be the first call up once injuries hit.

Have to admit I'm surprised that Neal is going to get a contract offer, but can't say he hasn't earned it.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Kostin has a bright future. Send him down to buy some time. He will definitely get called up when someone gets hurt.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I think Joshua made the team. Really not sure how it all shakes out. Final cuts will be interesting.
Wouldn't shock me if Joshua made the cut, he's looked good in the preseason games I've been able to watch. I just don't think his foot speed/skating is good enough to be an NHL regular, but who knows? Will definitely be interesting to see who makes it in the end!

JoernAZ

Bluenotes
Oct 19, 2018
Woke up seeing the score, stats and progress here and on bigger channels.

A couple of Q's:
*After getting 6-0, I reckon we slowed down?
*The captain without points, while nearly everyone else got ones. Something to worry about?
*Anyone got a look on special teams? Not thinking points and shots. Thinking chemistry?

In general, it is good to end preseason on a high note (ding, ding), which will hopefully lead to a more confident start of the season.

To top it off, I like that "no one" believe in our chances this year. I do think we have a contending team, especially if or when Sunny returns being as solid as he was. The more the experts talk about other teams being favs, the better it is. We must not forget what happened the last time we had a full season to play... :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad