Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Geoff Gray really needs to step up soon or Liam Dobson is starting next week.

I was really hopeful for him after week 1 but he's very quickly regressing back to what we thought he was. Even on that big play to Wolitarsky he was getting manhandled.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Camera not following the ball early on and now TSN completely lost the feed :laugh:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Collaros likes to play risky, always have. Big concern is now he doesn't have the WR talent to erase those bad/ill-advised throws.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I was really hopeful for him after week 1 but he's very quickly regressing back to what we thought he was. Even on that big play to Wolitarsky he was getting manhandled.

Agreed. I had huge hopes for Gray but he just doesnt look like a guy that can start. I've heard Dobson has a nasty streak, that can be huge in the interior right now. We need some swagger.

Reactions: None

None

Feb 22, 2012
Agreed. I had huge hopes for Gray but he just doesnt look like a guy that can start. I've heard Dobson has a nasty streak, that can be huge in the interior right now. We need some swagger.

And he loses his man again just now leading to a sack. Probably needs to just be pulled from this game.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
That sack by Mack was something special. He had that play dead on every fake By himself.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not going to say they're bad yet, but because of the talent drain they're obviously playing below even my "they'll probably still be a good team, but not top dog" expectations.

Hard for any team to overcome the amount of talent lost. Reminds me of when the Jets lost essentially their entire defense core the summer after they went to the WCF

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Any hope of a deep threat in the passing game has no hope with the current O line play. Gray has been beaten like a drum and even Neufeld blew an assignment earlier which led to a sack

None

Feb 22, 2012
Our only backup is journeyman Chris Kolankowski. Not sure if thats better.

Yeah, I'm not sure.

It's actually kind of impressive how bad Gray is being a 4th year pro and someone who got NFL looks. I thought for a while that maybe he was just terribly cast with tackle potential but he's playing the easiest position on the OL (with a right handed QB) and just getting beaten like a rented mule.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm not going to say they're bad yet, but because of the talent drain they're obviously playing below even my "they'll probably still be a good team, but not top dog" expectations.

Hard for any team to overcome the amount of talent lost. Reminds me of when the Jets lost essentially their entire defense core the summer after they went to the WCF

I mean I disagree. It isnt as if theyve bled that much talent. It might more age. They were an old team last year, they're older this year. Honestly I expected a hot start and a drop off this year. The weak start isnt giving me confidence.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Oh boy, Couture's hurt. Can't even replace Gray if they need to now :help:

Ad

Ad

Ad