Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
offense was rusty but they didn't play a snap in preseason, need a better running game. schoen was our second best receiver tonight even with the fumble, defense got better throughout the game accept for rose, which I'm hoping he still isn't 100% or else they might need to replace him, getting jeffcoat back next week should be a huge boost same with alexander when ever he is ready

also we should have done some sweeps to demski to get him and the run game going a bit

Reactions: kellhunter

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Oliveira worse than useless on that play and Collaros might be concussed because of the lack of a run game.

Oliveira neither blocked nor made himself an option to dump the ball off to.
Collaros’s knee was down and they unloaded with a hit to the head. How is that not a call?

Reactions: rkp

None

Feb 22, 2012
Looked like a late hit/head shot on Collaros

I don't think it was late but I think piling on would have been appropriate given that he was already on his way down. No need to lower the shoulder on a guy that can be downed by contact.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
leggio just loves making fans sweat when he lines up for a kick!!!

No. 30 didnt exactly have that great of a game....got beat deep a few times

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Ugly win, but they all count.

The offense is going to need to fit some more creativity. And struggled to deal with the blitzing from Ottawa all night. Oliveira looked downright plodding out there unfortunately. Augustine had a flash or two of speed, but did not get much play time. They weren't adjusting to the blitz, hard to say the OL did bad when it was 6/7v5 lots of the night. Ellingson was good, Schoen was solid. Collaros wasn't finding much to the rest. Collaros looked fine I guess, but just had trouble moving the ball. How about the story of Dru Brown though!

Defense was a mixed bag. At one end they only allowed 17 points. It wasn't goalline stands either or turnovers, really, Ottawa just wasn't get their yards consistently. But the secondary looked off. Rose was still banged up, IMO, he was really missing a step. I don't think it's age with him yet. Glass didn't have much of night. The loss of Alexander looms big. Thompson is a poor man's Taylor Loffler, IMO. He'll be fine, but he really struggles in coverage. But in reality he's the 3rd string safety so you can't expect much. Nichols and Taylor were fine though I thought. Kyrie Wilson and Donald Rutledge Jr were the standouts on D. Great debut for Rutledge, made quite a few plays out there, even got rewarded with that sack on the perfectly timed blitz. DL wasn't great. I thought Wilcotts outplayed Mack by a fair margin though, and in less snaps as well. Will be an interesting decision when Jeffcoat returns who stays on roster.

Special teams were again not great. I know it worked out but fumbling a snap on a FG is just sloppy. Liegghio of course missed the PAT. As soon as that missed I said, this game will 100% come down to Liegghio FG attempt. Just glad it was so short thanks to the late game heroics by Dru Brown. Liegghio shanked one punt, but still ended with a better net average than his counterpart who is a punter only (Leone). Grant was fine, nothing special tonight.

Overall they need to and will play better than tonight. But in the end good teams find ways to win even when they aren't playing well. Bombers did that.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Ugly win, but they all count.

The offense is going to need to fit some more creativity. And struggled to deal with the blitzing from Ottawa all night. Oliveira looked downright plodding out there unfortunately. Augustine had a flash or two of speed, but did not get much play time. They weren't adjusting to the blitz, hard to say the OL did bad when it was 6/7v5 lots of the night. Ellingson was good, Schoen was solid. Collaros wasn't finding much to the rest. Collaros looked fine I guess, but just had trouble moving the ball. How about the story of Dru Brown though!

Defense was a mixed bag. At one end they only allowed 17 points. It wasn't goalline stands either or turnovers, really, Ottawa just wasn't get their yards consistently. But the secondary looked off. Rose was still banged up, IMO, he was really missing a step. I don't think it's age with him yet. Glass didn't have much of night. The loss of Alexander looms big. Thompson is a poor man's Taylor Loffler, IMO. He'll be fine, but he really struggles in coverage. But in reality he's the 3rd string safety so you can't expect much. Nichols and Taylor were fine though I thought. Kyrie Wilson and Donald Rutledge Jr were the standouts on D. Great debut for Rutledge, made quite a few plays out there, even got rewarded with that sack on the perfectly timed blitz. DL wasn't great. I thought Wilcotts outplayed Mack by a fair margin though, and in less snaps as well. Will be an interesting decision when Jeffcoat returns who stays on roster.

Special teams were again not great. I know it worked out but fumbling a snap on a FG is just sloppy. Liegghio of course missed the PAT. As soon as that missed I said, this game will 100% come down to Liegghio FG attempt. Just glad it was so short thanks to the late game heroics by Dru Brown. Liegghio shanked one punt, but still ended with a better net average than his counterpart who is a punter only (Leone). Grant was fine, nothing special tonight.

Overall they need to and will play better than tonight. But in the end good teams find ways to win even when they aren't playing well. Bombers did that.
What’s up with Augustine? He’s objectively the better back IMO and has shown it on a few occasions but they still play him sparsely. I understand Oliviera is a similar style to what we’ve had with Harris and he has the potential to be an All-Star but I think you gotta go with the better overall player right now and I think that’s Augustine.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
What’s up with Augustine? He’s objectively the better back IMO and has shown it on a few occasions but they still play him sparsely. I understand Oliviera is a similar style to what we’ve had with Harris and he has the potential to be an All-Star but I think you gotta go with the better overall player right now and I think that’s Augustine.

I agree. The one exception here is that Oliveira pass blocking is considerably better. And thats something Bombers value alot. But unless Oliveira gets sonething going with his legs, Augustine will start getting more time by default.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I agree. The one exception here is that Oliveira pass blocking is considerably better. And thats something Bombers value alot. But unless Oliveira gets sonething going with his legs, Augustine will start getting more time by default.
Wow, we actually agree on something. What is this world coming to …

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad