Blue Bombers 2014 Thread (Game 5 - July 25 @ BC)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Cancel the Grey Cup parade down Portage!:shakehead

Boring game, made even more boring by BB's play calling

Romby Friggin Bryant and Denmark as starting recievers:shakehead

Can the Bombers get Ford or Garret back at RB

Miller and Dunigan about as exciting to listen to as chamber music or CBC radio in the afternoon!:sarcasm:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Wow, awful showing from the offensive line.

Dan Knapp looked like garbage. What do the Bombers see in this guy? I see a waist-bender that constantly gets blown up by power rushers. Cordaro Howard looked brutal as well. We seem to have a really hard time finding good import OLs.

Defense actually wasn't too bad, save for the shoddy tackling on Reilly.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Cancel the Grey Cup parade down Portage!:shakehead

Boring game, made even more boring by BB's play calling

Romby Friggin Bryant and Denmark as starting recievers:shakehead

Can the Bombers get Ford or Garret back at RB

Miller and Dunigan about as exciting to listen to as chamber music or CBC radio in the afternoon!:sarcasm:

ford and garret suck. cotton will be great starter right away.

both denmark and bryant are good veteran receivers. your looking in the wrong place.

our international o linemen suck complete balls. january is the worst for a 'vet" international he cant block ANYTHING. Howard and knapp have collapsed every time on right side. with 3 international ol we should have best oline in league not worst.

Sabs*

Just got back from game took 2 clients from the states to the game told them how exciting it was embarrassed

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Ugggggggh. Hopefully they will watch the video and learn from it and be ready for payback when they go to Edmonton. Seeing the Esks D showboating taunting and somersaulting all over our field was embarassing and maddening.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Not a good game, but i wasn't expecting a win anyway.

As explosive as Washington and Cotton can be on returns, they seriously need to learn to hold on the damn ball. The defense really impressed me tonight as they really held them in there for 3 quarters. Offense was horrid, but it's Willy's first full year as a started so these hiccups are to be expected (i'd wager it won't be the last one either.)

That being said, the officiating was still garbage. Seems irrelevant complaining when in reality, the Bombers probably lose either way. But holy **** those roughing the passer calls were laughable. The late hit call too was pretty questionable. (Even Dunigan was questioning it on the broadcast.)

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Cotton and Washington both weren't very good the past few gamesm where's Wiill I am Ford?:sarcasm:

Cotton was huge money last game. Huge struggles today though Hated the way they included him in offense, you knew Cotton was getting the ball everytime he was in on offense.

Ford is gone. Rumour is RB desperate SSK is signing him. He was never a CFL calibre RB so I don't care.

The o line is the problem. 3 internationals and they all seem to suck. At least Howard and Knapp have inexperience excuse, January is just plain awful. Cannot believe that guy still has a CFL contract :shakehead

To be honest though I never expected the team to be 18-0. Meh, move on boys let's see how the guys handle adversity. Expecting a big performance from the O in BC next week.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Lets hope Willy ditches his mom's gardening gloves he looks like a cop directing traffic in some third world country.

Gotta add there wasn't much that was impressive about Willy's game tonight even aside from the fact the BB O line looked like pylons, guess there is a reason the BB keep bringing in QB's.

Think that if Terrence Edwards un-retired he would still be the BB's best receiver, can't say I'm all that impressed with Moore or any of the receiving core.

Is there any other reason besides being Doug Browns buddy that January still holds down a job on the O-line?

Wasn't keen on Marcel as OC and still not, unimaginative play calling, short screen passes when your down 21 points, really!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lets hope Willy ditches his mom's gardening gloves he looks like a cop directing traffic in some third world country.

Gotta add there wasn't much that was impressive about Willy's game tonight even aside from the fact the BB O line looked like pylons, guess there is a reason the BB keep bringing in QB's.

Think that if Terrence Edwards un-retired he would still be the BB's best receiver, can't say I'm all that impressed with Moore or any of the receiving core.

Is there any other reason besides being Doug Browns buddy that January still holds down a job on the O-line?

Wasn't keen on Marcel as OC and still not, unimaginative play calling, short screen passes when your down 21 points, really!

Gotta disagree with you. Willy is a fine QB who got zero time to do his job last night. The game wasn't nearly as bad as it looked there were a couple of critical turn overs where the ball hit the Bombers receiver first but bad things still happened and that was the key differeance on the night because that cost the a blue and gold 10 to 14 points. They played a very tough defense and they have work to do to fix the O line and unfortunately that is easier said than done.

Turn the page and get ready for the next game.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Gotta disagree with you. Willy is a fine QB who got zero time to do his job last night. The game wasn't nearly as bad as it looked there were a couple of critical turn overs where the ball hit the Bombers receiver first but bad things still happened and that was the key differeance on the night because that cost the a blue and gold 10 to 14 points. They played a very tough defense and they have work to do to fix the O line and unfortunately that is easier said than done.

Turn the page and get ready for the next game.

I see this as a learning curve game for Willy. It's hard for a rookie to adjust to the pressure he faced all night. Hopefully he will learn and build on it. If anyone was thinking there wouldn't be some nights like this they were deluding themselves. Now that's not saying our o-line doesn't need a lot of work. IMO the main blocking scheme last night was for the o-line to yell "Look Out" in unison.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I see this as a learning curve game for Willy. It's hard for a rookie to adjust to the pressure he faced all night. Hopefully he will learn and build on it. If anyone was thinking there wouldn't be some nights like this they were deluding themselves. Now that's not saying our o-line doesn't need a lot of work. IMO the main blocking scheme last night was for the o-line to yell "Look Out" in unison.

I watch allot of NFL and Tom Brady, Payton Manning, and Drew Brees will rip you to shreds but if you get in their face you can rattle them and those are the best in the business. Aaron Rogers is the only guy I have seen that can effectively operate when he is under siege. Willy is a rookie and last night he got no shot. He will be more than fine as the O line gets upgraded over the years.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
I thought Willy did well by just not coughing it up. That impressed me, guys like Hall, Dinwiddie, Goltz would have had 4 picks last night and it would have been 38- 9.

Looks like he is at the least going to be a solid starter to build around.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I watch allot of NFL and Tom Brady, Payton Manning, and Drew Brees will rip you to shreds but if you get in their face you can rattle them and those are the best in the business. Aaron Rogers is the only guy I have seen that can effectively operate when he is under siege. Willy is a rookie and last night he got no shot. He will be more than fine as the O line gets upgraded over the years.

But the thing is they rarely ever let you get into their face. All out blitzes are met with screens, short passes and runs designed to take advantage of players out of position until the defense has to dial down. They are able to read what is happening before it happens, but that takes experience. Of course our o-line sucks so this is an added burden for a young QB.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
LOL, OH NO! We lost a game!! Everybody sux! Bring back Ford and all the other dregs that are gone! Willy SUX! Where did that Hall kid go?? LOL...oh brother. :shakehead

Jeez. We came up against a good D and didn't have a great game last night. Even so it was tight right till the end of the third quarter. Nothing like the utter incompetence on display last season. The BBs are a better team this year but we ain't gonna run the table...

...but yeah our O line needs help.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I thought Willy did well by just not coughing it up. That impressed me, guys like Hall, Dinwiddie, Goltz would have had 4 picks last night and it would have been 38- 9.

Looks like he is at the least going to be a solid starter to build around.

Yeah this is how I felt in the end too. Willy seems like the real deal. His poise, his reads, his accuracy, it's all top quality and the best we've seen in ages. He's still a rookie starter, and there will still be growing pains. But he's miles beyond what we're used to seeing at QB.

Besides, willy isn't the team. It's a team game, and everyone looked off game.

Our D was playing well, our O line was just brutal

On the flip side edmonton played really well given the circumstances. Reilly dodged everything, nothing went the bombers way, and the edmonton D was ferocious

It was a defensive battle but more things just went the Esks way

This bombers team shouldn't be measured by their wins but by how they respond to losses such as this one

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'm glad they got smoked and didn't just eek out a loss. A reality check is important.

I really wouldn't say they got "smoked." At least not the way last years team would have. If it was a reality check, it was of the "Oh right, we aren't going to go 14-4 this season" sort, not the "Oh right, we're going to go 4-14 this season" sort. I think most of us would be pretty pleased if the Bombers could go 9-9 this year and the loss against Edmonton didn't really leave me feeling like that is an impossibility...

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Montreal always tends to do bad in BC though.

Bc got demolished by Montreal a few weeks ago

Bombers haven't had good luck in bc place though. we did well at empire field iirc

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Hasn't Montreal only won like once or twice in the past 10 years in BC or something stupid like that?

I think we'll see a better showing from the offense. Still feeling a loss though for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad