Blow this team up already!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Logan Stankoven is 5'8" (and that is generous) and he is a little wrecking ball for Dallas against Vegas. Stankoven is everywhere and afraid of nothing.

All of Toronto's Big 4 have a minimum of 4 inches on Stankoven, yet none are anywhere close to being as physical.

Just saying.
Height doesn’t make you more or less physical.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
There is always next year.

Grebenkin 6'2", 192 lbs.
McMann 6,2", 207 lbs. (I know not a kid)
Knies 6',3", 216 lbs.
Minten 6'2", 194 lbs.

Have to like the options going forward.
From what I've seen of Minten we'll be lucky if he is an NHLer at all.

• Wow
Reactions: arso40

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Logan Stankoven is 5'8" (and that is generous) and he is a little wrecking ball for Dallas against Vegas. Stankoven is everywhere and afraid of nothing.

All of Toronto's Big 4 have a minimum of 4 inches on Stankoven, yet none are anywhere close to being as physical.

Just saying.

Guess the stats counters aren't paying much attention to him then.

Nothing screams wrecking ball in his stats, and he isn't a points producer, nor a face-off guru, nor ...

Just saying NHL.com doesn't support it.

• Haha

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Guess the stats counters aren't paying much attention to him then.

Nothing screams wrecking ball in his stats, and he isn't a points producer, nor a face-off guru, nor ...

Just saying NHL.com doesn't support it.
Have you watched him play? He's 21 and he's out hustling anyone in the Big 4.

Anyway, forget Celebrini, Stankoven is the Rookie of the year next year.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I hate to be that person but I’ll be that person. Game 5 doesn’t change my opinion. The time needs to move on from Shanny, Keefe and Marner next season.
That's fair.

Sincere question : Will your mind change if they win the series (without Matthews)?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Have you watched him play? He's 21 and he's hustling anyone in the Big 4.

As I said, the bean counters (statisticians) watching the games aren't recording much in that hustle.

It isn't like he's being Marchand.

But yes, guys that run all over the ice without producing goals or assists do contribute.
Having players who can eat up minutes while the big guns rest isn't a bad thing.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
As I said, the bean counters (statisticians) watching the games aren't recording much in that hustle.

It isn't like he's being Marchand.

But yes, guys that run all over the ice without producing goals or assists do contribute.
Having players who can eat up minutes while the big guns rest isn't a bad thing.
Don't be surprised if he becomes the next Marchand...

• WHL B.C. Division First All-Star Team (2022, 2023)
  • WHL Player of the Year (2022)
  • CHL Player of the Year (2022)
  • AHL Rookie of the Year (2024)
  • NHL Rookie of the Year (next year - my prediction)

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Don't be surprised if he becomes the next Marchand...

• WHL B.C. Division First All-Star Team (2022, 2023)
  • WHL Player of the Year (2022)
  • CHL Player of the Year (2022)
  • AHL Rookie of the Year (2024)
  • NHL Rookie of the Year (next year - my prediction)
That would suck for him.

Despicable human.

Hope he has a short career then, don't need another player in the league who tries to injure players.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
That would suck for him.

Despicable human.

Hope he has a short career then, don't need another player in the league who tries to injure players.
Nice Canadian kid who has represented Canada (and won) every chance he could. Root for him!

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
From what I've seen of Minten we'll be lucky if he is an NHLer at all.
If your looking at points for him that can be misleading that isn't supposed to be his role for us what he's drafted to do he already did in his 4 game stint so I'd disagree

Reactions: TMLife17

danny90

Nov 27, 2019
Shanaplan worked, leafs core are massive stars and the team is perennially top of the league with two of the best seasons in franchise history under keefe.

Need to find a way to win in the playoffs but I don’t see them making any moves other than sidegrades in staff.

They even would have happily resigned Dubas if it weren’t for his own aspirations.

If your looking at points for him that can be misleading that isn't supposed to be his role for us what he's drafted to do he already did in his 4 game stint so I'd disagree

If he can’t skate and can’t score what was he brought in for? Is this 2012? Do we need truculence?

• Haha
Reactions: colchar

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I’ve seen him live a few times I live out West. Haven’t seen anything that tells me to expect better than a Kampf type player.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Shanaplan worked, leafs core are massive stars and the team is perennially top of the league with two of the best seasons in franchise history under keefe.

Need to find a way to win in the playoffs but I don’t see them making any moves other than sidegrades in staff.

They even would have happily resigned Dubas if it weren’t for his own aspirations.

If he can’t skate and can’t score what was he brought in for? Is this 2012? Do we need truculence?
Lol he's a better Gauthier worst case scenario and there's nothing wrong with that at all

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I hate to be that person but I’ll be that person. Game 5 doesn’t change my opinion. The time needs to move on from Shanny, Keefe and Marner next season.
I was in Support of trading Marner a few years ago for a kings random but now with one year left on his deal and a full no move I don’t think this timing makes much sense and our best bet is probably to sign him

Reactions: ACC1224 and arso40

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I was in Support of trading Marner a few years ago for a kings random but now with one year left on his deal and a full no move I don’t think this timing makes much sense and our best bet is probably to sign him
Let's see what he wants before we do all of that 12.5 is alot for what he brings did you see him at the blue line while the whole teams fighting......he didn't even pull a guy out the melee it was soo bad Marchant skated over to him started abusing the guy n got a penalty for it n I don't really think he deserved that to be called out of all the infractions he got away with

• Haha
Reactions: ACC1224

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Playoff home record:

2016-17: 1-2 at home (Was)
2017-18: 2-1 at home (Bos)
2018-19: 1-2 at home (Bos)
2019-20: 1-2 at home (Col)
2020-21: 1-3 at home (Mon)
2021-22: 2-2 at home (Tam)
2022-23: 1-5 at home (Tam 1-2 and Flo 0-3)
2023-24: 0-2 at home (Bos)

Bad: Odds not in our favor
Good: We win atleast one home playoff game per year.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I’ve seen him live a few times I live out West. Haven’t seen anything that tells me to expect better than a Kampf type player.

Kampf is a NHL player.

It seems some people, perhaps not you, believe there are only 1st. liners in the NHL.
Star struck I suppose.
And no one plows the streets, nor picks up the garbage, nor stock the shelves, only executives have value.

Reactions: TMLife17 and theTTC

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Move Kampf and sign Lomberg. Lomberg Dewar Reaves with a sprinkle of Gregor for Reaves. I like Gregor's speed which this team desperately lacks IMO.

I was in Support of trading Marner a few years ago for a kings random but now with one year left on his deal and a full no move I don’t think this timing makes much sense and our best bet is probably to let him walk
You can't possibly pay this guy what he will be asking. It is suicide. Give him a take it or leave it offer and if he leaves it, let him test free agency. It was the play for Nylander and the Leafs blew it IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad