Blow this team up already!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Florida is a much larger mountain to climb. How the core measures up against them will determine how much dynamite will be needed. Already looking like Woll will push Sammy out the door.
Agreed. I hope that upper management doesn't use the Boston series as a measuring stick. Judge this team by how it performs against Florida, and then potentially the Rangers or Hurricanes after that.

Reactions: TMLAM34 and ToneDog

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Boring. Winning a round changes nothing. Cup or Bust.
I agree that winning one round means absolutely nothing. I wouldn't go so far as Cup or bust, however. I have said all season that this team will make it to the conference finals. I'm sticking with that, and if that is the outcome you don't tear this team apart. Instead, you continue to build on it.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
blow.up.just.one.more.game.first.png

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
FLA can do it. BOS can't.

Actually, since I started watching hockey in 1993, I think the FLA series is the only first or second round series the Leafs have lost in under six games (excluding that CLB qualifier nonsense).

On the other hand, I've never seen TOR win a game seven on the road. I think the upset against DET in '93 was the last one they won.
You are correct.

Reactions: hullsy47

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
If we beat Boston and Florida, then I'd think we have the type of team that can compete in the PO's. I wouldn't advocate for blowing it up, but definitely look to add where you think it could get you to the next level.

Reactions: ToneDog
Sep 18, 2009
If we beat Boston and Florida, then I'd think we have the type of team that can compete in the PO's. I wouldn't advocate for blowing it up, but definitely look to add where you think it could get you to the next level.
if we beat boston then there is no one that stands betwnen us and the cup easy

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Boring. Winning a round changes nothing. Cup or Bust.
I'm not sure how long HFB archives provide for, but since the beginning, since Babcock's pain declaration, I've said we need to face reality that we need to lose in stages; I don't think that changes. I think it's likely we lose at least a Conference Final before we push through to the Final, if we ever do with this group.

Were we to build on last year's results, make it to either the Conference Final or Cup Final, I don't think that should (or could?) be taken as a sign of failure. It's a step we should have already taken.

All things consider, I'm all for expedited progression. I just don't think it's likely and I think we need to give credit where it's due.

And if this group makes it to the second round and beyond having competed like they have during this comeback, they will have earned my respect, and a reasonable expectation that there's more to come.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I like what Trev is doing. I home he’s allowed to make the moves

With all the injuries, the comeback, MLSE has ever reason to run it back, but they really shouldn’t.

After the Montreal, Columbus, Tampa, Florida, series with no changes… I wouldn’t be surprised.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Moves need to be made... Will Pelley be allowed to or does he even want to make 'em ?

Going to interesting to see if Pelley actually has the power to make the decisions needed. This clearly isn't working.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
As much as I want to see everyone fired and traded, this team is screwed for whoever comes in, atleast for next year. Leafs need to retool and prep for the 2025/26 season and use that JT and marner money on forward depth and defence and a goalie or 3 lol

TonsofPuppies

Pack your shit, Shanny!
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Of course. I was wrong. I can't say that I expected this. Unfortunately, it's the worst kind of loss because it may not result in any changes, especially behind the bench.
Maybe eventually you'll see the light and realize that this group isn't it. It's been obvious for years. I honestly don't know how people still keep "beleafing" in them.

Reactions: seventieslord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad