Post-Game Talk: Bloos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
3 on 3 and the shootout aren't much different gimmick wise. Neither is real hockey. I mean if we were 10-0 in 3 on 3 I'd take it but it's still a gimmick

Reactions: ecemleafs

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Man the OT was frustrating only because you could see that goal unfolding clear as day. And worse we've seen that exact same breakdown several times, and not just with the forwards. Fortunately we don't have to worry about 3v3 in the playoffs but they still need to clean that up. Maybe at game 79 or whatever it's unlikely though.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Super timid game last night, which honestly is good for the team to avoid contact after that barn burner with Tampa.

I thought the Rangers turned it on late to tie it and before that were just going through the motions. Its a long season.

Just checking the boxes until the games really count at this point

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
They are terrible at 3 on 3 because they don't win faceoffs and because the D constantly pinch instead of giving it to the forwards and attacking with speed. Activated D on 3 on 3 is overrated especially since it leaves a forward back and doesn't add much to the offense since most of the time the activated D is to carry the puck down low along the half wall, not a scoring area.

Biggest thing I hate about 3 on 3 is the "circle back and regroup" play. It was meant to be fast, furious, and decide the game, and it's aggravating watching teams just play keep away while not trying to score. Would love to see skating the puck back to the other side of the red line be an automatic faceoff in the D zone.

IMO they should just play 4 on 4 till someone scores. No more shootouts or 3 on 3.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m still trying to figure out what bread was doing on that back check in OT

I just can’t

Somehow Panarin still managed to get on the score sheet. Should have given him minus points. Just a brutal game from him. Hopefully he gets it out now and not bring that into the playoffs.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
The killer for me was the first St. Louis goal.

Tarasenko backwards skating from Panarin stick in the air in a shooting lane like give me the puck so I can bury one and Panarin just hangs onto it and turns it over for a breakaway against...like what possible play could Panarin have made there that would've been better than a Tarasenko one timer from the top of the circle.

The OT goal, Panarin absolutely went to the wrong guy, but as the last man back in that situation it's always Trocheck's responsibility to take away the pass and let Halak take care of the shot. Panarin had a better lane to take the open man rather than the puck carrier, and they inexplicably both went to the puck carrier. Just an egregious miscommunication all around.

Reactions: romba

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
3v3 isn't fun hockey anymore, since teams figured it out. I'd be on board with going full gimmick for a season and trying out a shot clock or zone entry clock or something similar to basketball. It's already just as gimmick-y as the shootout, in my opinion.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
They got a point even when they were gassed. People bitching about miscommunication in coverage in OT by Panarin and Trocheck but it was Miller who turned the puck over in the first place and left guys scrambling. Again who cares? No more fake hockey after 3 more games.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
3v3 isn't fun hockey anymore, since teams figured it out. I'd be on board with going full gimmick for a season and trying out a shot clock or zone entry clock or something similar to basketball. It's already just as gimmick-y as the shootout, in my opinion.
College Football rules.

Each team gets a PP.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
They are terrible at 3 on 3 because they don't win faceoffs and because the D constantly pinch instead of giving it to the forwards and attacking with speed. Activated D on 3 on 3 is overrated especially since it leaves a forward back and doesn't add much to the offense since most of the time the activated D is to carry the puck down low along the half wall, not a scoring area.

Biggest thing I hate about 3 on 3 is the "circle back and regroup" play. It was meant to be fast, furious, and decide the game, and it's aggravating watching teams just play keep away while not trying to score. Would love to see skating the puck back to the other side of the red line be an automatic faceoff in the D zone.

IMO they should just play 4 on 4 till someone scores. No more shootouts or 3 on 3.
if it were up to me id play 10 mins of 4 on 4 and no shootout. if its tied both teams get 1 point. 3 on 3 isnt hockey.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
I told you, Keandre Miller sucks
conor-mc-gregor-who-the-fook-is-that-guy.gif

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
weird game and honestly who cares for the most part.

As much as Panarin made a bad turnover on that first goal, the D really screwed that up as well as everyone was down below Panarin basically leaving him as the last man back. Why were the D all sneaking down into the zone? Someone's gotta stay up high. Panarin's gotta make a smarter play there but like...cmon

And yeah the misread on the OT goal was bad too. ALso constantly fumbling pucks in OT and trying to make low percentage plays.

but also a big whatever game

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Does anyone have a stat that shows which teams had to play the most games that r back to back with travel while their opponent didnt play the night before?
It should be equal across the board. If not the schedule makers are affecting the outcome of the season
Im happy they made a game of it. Had a couple friends that live in Quincy Illinois that went to the game to root for the Rangers
it’s not going to be equal across the board because the metro division has virtually no travel between them outside of raleigh. if anything they prob give metro teams more back to backs to even it out a bit for west teams.

Reactions: romba

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Stop putting value in a nothing game, this team outside of the tampa game has been just trying to get to the playoffs healthy. I'd expect a lot of guys to take some games off the next week

Reactions: Chytilmania

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Could have had they not mailed it in recently. Then again Devils are better coached.
Mailed it in how? They are 11-2-3 over the last month. Are they supposed to win every game? They lost a 1 goal game to the Devils which they almost tied in the last minute, then had to play the next night in Buffalo and still got a point. They played a physical game against Tampa on Wednesday which they won and then had to fly to St.Louis and play the next night with the gas tank empty and still got a point. The scheduling has been trash this year. Way too many 4 games in 6 nights and B2B's.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Devils 10 OT wins
Canes 9 OT wins
Rangers 6 OT wins

Devils 38 regulation wins
Canes 37 regulation wins
Rangers 36 regulation wins

Who cares about 3 on 3

Reactions: blue425
Status
Not open for further replies.