Proposal: Blockbuster trade Habs & Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
You'd think after what Jeff Petry has done the last couple seasons in his 30s, Habs fans would be at least a little bit openminded about a defender being still quite good at 31 years of age (I'm not comparing the two players)
And i wouldn't trade Romanov and a 1st if it was Petry either.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
And i wouldn't trade Romanov and a 1st if it was Petry either.
I'm not suggesting that is a good idea, I think this trade makes no sense for Montreal, I was more just responding about the overall take that now that Ekholm is 31 he is a sunk cost and re-signing him would be a mistake.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I'm not suggesting that is a good idea, I think this trade makes no sense for Montreal, I was more just responding about the overall take that now that Ekholm is 31 he is a sunk cost and re-signing him would be a mistake.
No trading Romanov and a 1st for him would be a mistake.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Would love Ekholm but no way Romanov goes for a rental.

Forsberg is pretty good an I love him but we simply can’t trade assets for wingers.

So if a deal happens at the TD, it would be for Ekholm for a 1st + prospect like Harris/Struble

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Makes no sense for either team.

People seem really eager to throw Romanov into every trade, and I think that could turn into a Sergachev situation sooner rather than later. Just let him develop.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
since there's a condition on those 2 picks, I don't see how MTL could trade one of em
You are right. The Habs can’t trade neither of the 1st round picks until the trade with Car is resolved.

I think MB said that the league currently considers the Habs with no 1st pick (until the trade with the Canes is completed).

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
it is a proposal that both teams reject for logical reasons . nashville if going into a full rebuild could do better by trading each individually. these are high quality players . montreal on the other hand will not be going all in sacrificing what is looking like a very bright future. the habs money will be directed toward the young core .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Makes no sense for either team.

People seem really eager to throw Romanov into every trade, and I think that could turn into a Sergachev situation sooner rather than later. Just let him develop.
i think it's mostly non-habs fans who come looking for him and our other young assets . especially teams that are looking to kick off a rebuild

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
i think it's mostly non-habs fans who come looking for him and our other young assets . especially teams that are looking to kick off a rebuild

The word "unavailable" means nothing to arm chair GMs.

They want the assets we need to build on, which makes no sense unless the asset coming back is exceptional.

You want CC ? We need a young top 4 PMD coming back. Period.

Reactions: glenbuis

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
You are right. The Habs can’t trade neither of the 1st round picks until the trade with Car is resolved.

I think MB said that the league currently considers the Habs with no 1st pick (until the trade with the Canes is completed).
That isn’t really true. They could trade the other pick, but it would have to be conditional as “the other pick”. I can’t see Forsberg or Ekholm (as rentals) going for the (assumed) Carolina pick without a significant add.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Montreal reject this trade.

Agreed. But in the end, trading for two guys in a trade/sign situation is just not going to happen. I think other fans think the two Preds players have full value if they are traded with extensions which is also false.

A lot of flawed narratives in this thread.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki

The trade with Arizona you mean.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Armia was an UFA and nobody wanted to sign him.
So, yes, his value is quite low. Not negative, but obviously not enough to be added in every trade proposal.
Armia was resigned just before free agency started. Bergevin had to give him term and 3M+ aav. He's one of the best PK, stick check and board player in the league. Supremely underrated. Just shows you know nothing about hockey. Toffoli + Romanov+ Armia + 1st is vastly superior to Forsberg and Ekholm. The OP is bad for MTL

Buffalo Preds

Jun 18, 2013
Buffalo, NY
You want a strong top six winger and top four d-man locked up with term but won't even leave the pick unprotected? Come on man.

The most pathetic trend in the NHL is to cling to any first round pick involves in a trade with protection clauses. If you want to get quality, you have to risk something.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Doesn’t seem much interest here, just beating a dead horse. Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad