Proposal: Blockbuster trade Habs & Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
There's a massive variable in this proposed trade that greatly affects the value, which is the cost of each of those long-term deals.

For example, Forsberg at 5M long-term, compared to 10M has a huge swing in value. Without knowing that, how can you say this is fair or not?

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I think Montreal is good with Toffoli and Romanov, and that's not to say the pieces from Nashville aren't really good. If they're going to inflate their cap it needs to be for up the middle of the ice.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
If Forsberg and Ekholm are signed long term, then it'd be in Nashville. But I wouldn't give them up just as rentals for that package either.

Reactions: TML1990

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Value is not great, but also never going to happen because there's zero chance both Forsberg AND Ekholm would skip being a free agent to sign contracts with Montreal.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
This only works if those players don't want to sign long-term in Nashville.

That said, Toffoli has good value, but if Nashville is rebuilding he doesn't carry that much.

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
You want a strong top six winger and top four d-man locked up with term but won't even leave the pick unprotected? Come on man.

Reactions: powerstuck

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Dear Montreal fans,
Please stop including Joel Armia in your fantasy proposals. He has no value. The only pieces the Habs have with any trade value are draft picks, Romanov, Gallagher, Suzuki, and Caulfield.
Signed,
The rest of us.

Edit - I did forget Toffoli, I thought he had an NTC.
armia has no trade value .? you sir know absolutely nothing about the game of hockey . nothing , zilch, zero. nada,. one absolutely clueless statement

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
just what montreal would want to do . ekholm based on the recent defenseman signings would demand 7-8 million on a new deal . since he is past his prime we would be paying for his past and not the future . forsberg would be a nice piece but he'll be looking for 8-9 million to . someone should close this and montreal will keep their younger cheaper pieces .

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
6a0120a6dde087970b0162fe356c86970d-pi

Montreal Typical [trade proposal]!

Awful for the Preds.

Reactions: Armourboy

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
If Ekholm or Forsberg re-signed = Romanov and a 1st then Montreal's getting the other for Toffoli and Armia. No thanks for Nashville.
ekholm no longer equals romanov and a first . a team like nashville that is beginning a rebuild would like that but it's not happening. anyone who thinks it is should give there head a shake . especially when you consider future salary

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Habs : Romanov + Toffoli + first pick 2023 (top 10 protected) + Joel Armia
For
Nashville : Forsberg (signed long terms) + Ekholm (signed long terms)
Good effort on the value. I think it could be fair. On Habs perspective IMO they pass. I do t feel it’s that big of an upgrade to move all that out dude. Just my opinion✌️

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So we give up on a highly regarded young player like Romanov to pay top dollar to a 31 year old Ekholm. It's not like the rest of the top 6 defenseman are not over 30.

Ummm......lemme think....NOOOOOOOO

Reactions: MoneyManny

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
armia has no trade value .? you sir know absolutely nothing about the game of hockey . nothing , zilch, zero. nada,. one absolutely clueless statement
Armia was an UFA and nobody wanted to sign him.
So, yes, his value is quite low. Not negative, but obviously not enough to be added in every trade proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad