Confirmed with Link: BLOCKBUSTER: Phaneuf to Ottawa in 9 Player Trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
WOW!!! WHAT A TRADE BY SENS!!!

Phaneuf is such an acquistion. Despite the hate he has on HFBoards, he is still a big time veteran with leadership and character (Something that was missing in OTT from my POV, not a sens fans at first.)

Lindberg was a good prospect, was impressive at last year memorial cup. a 2nd is a 2nd... And practically your three worst contract... Just wow!!!

TOR is going nowhere

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
HFSens posters yesterday: "Why is everyone complaining that the budget is the problem when we've sunk so much money into plugs like Cowen, Greening and Michalek, and we could be using that money on a legit #2 defenceman who plays the left side?!? :rant:"

HFSens posters today: "I... uh... Hm. Ok then."

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Fantastic trade. Murray I've given you lots of **** the last 6 months but THIS is just what the doctor ordered :yo: Shores up our top 4 while getting rid of Cowen AND Greening? I liked Lindberg but w.e

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

Phaneuf is such an acquistion. Despite the hate he has on HFBoards, he is still a big time veteran with leadership and character (Something that was missing in OTT from my POV, not a sens fans at first.)

Lindberg was a good prospect, was impressive at last year memorial cup. a 2nd is a 2nd... And practically your three worst contract... Just wow!!!

TOR is going nowhere

Like him or not Dion is a solid player and may thrive in Ottawa.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
When I first heard this trade I was scared that BM gave away the farm to attain Dion. Looking at what they gave up, BM just pulled off a fantastic trade that totally makes up for some horrible signings he made.

Totally impressed by BM. We now have a defensive core that is actually NHL worthy. This is what I have wanted for the better part of a decade. Well played BM!

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Phaneuf Karlsson
Methot Ceci
Wiercioch/Borowiecki Wideman

Wow. Ceci with a vet partner will be so much better. It will be like getting 1 and half defenceman not just 1.

Wiercioch/Borowiecki and Wideman can get less icetime and more sheltered roles.

This one trade makes us so much better.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Great ****ing deal.

Dumped a bunch of deadweight, and got a good defenseman out of it.

I know Sens fans like to make fun of Leafs players,but Dion is WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Cowen,Wier or Boro. This is huge.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Holy ****!

First off I love it.

Phaneuf-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci

That is an NHL caliber top 4.

Short term Phaneuf's cap hit is fine with us shedding Cowen, Greening and Milo.

Long term it will depend on how he performs. If he plays well and is a staple to Karlsson then he's worth it. If not, well then we have 1 bad cotnract.

Jan 3, 2012
Philadelphia, PA

TOR is going nowhere

Yeah, Toronto lost another key piece. How much talent will they ruin. Don't be surprised if we got Big D playing Norris quality again sometime soon. Maybe he'll loosen up with Karlsson. Start hammering some Snus during the games.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
This is my first thought I love you Cuthbert.

AssetImage

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Couldn't keep up with the main board so Kings fan here coming in peace.

I really like this deal for Ottawa. I think both teams have their reasons for doing it, but I truly like it for the sens. If the new rink gets built and Ottawa can become a cap team having EK and Dion on the backend for years to come is a great thing.

Congrats

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Sad to give up Lindberg but...

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci

Wow!!!

Murray did exactly what was needed to stabilize the top 4. Ceci needed that veteran puck mover to help him out and take a load off his shoulders and this does exactly that.

And Phaneuf-Karlsson on the powerplay gives EK a legit one timer option. I can see his scoring rate go up even more now

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
HFSens posters yesterday: "Why is everyone complaining that the budget is the problem when we've sunk so much money into plugs like Cowen, Greening and Michalek, and we could be using that money on a legit #2 defenceman who plays the left side?!? :rant:"

HFSens posters today: "I... uh... Hm. Ok then."

Post of the year candidate.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Karlsson is pretty sad at Michalek leaving. Quite emotional actually it seems on the radio. But excited to get Phaneuf.

"It will shake things up and hopefully make things better."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad