Tribute Blake Wheeler appreciation thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I appreciate and respect all of the great things Blake Wheeler and his wife did off the ice for the community and wish them all the best.

Should be a happy day for all. He's getting a great send off with a multi-million payout to go and enjoy his life in Florida, or play more hockey wherever he chooses. And we the fans can look forward to a new era with some fresh young talent with great new attitudes.
Well said my friend.

Good luck Wheels. Pretty certain you always gave your best and cared deeply about winning. Thanks for all the fish!
1688182370845.jpeg

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I have the utmost respect for Blake Wheeler as a player(no idea about him personally so won’t comment). But to up and move from Atlanta to a place like Winnipeg and then embrace it speaks volumes. He left everything on the ice while playing for us and that’s all we can ask for sometimes. Hope he can go win a Cup.

Fatdrunk

Better Luck Next Year
Feb 1, 2019
I would like to thank Blake Wheeler for all his years of leadership, dedication and contributions to the team and the community. Thank you for leaving a lasting legacy and impact on the franchise and fanbase as a whole. I would like to wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
He gave a nut for this team. Locker room, BTS stuff aside, you couldn’t fault him for his commitment on the ice and to the team.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
So happy he's gone, and now we have a coachable team. This had to be done, and should have got done last year. Blake will find some team to play for in the 3.5 mil zone.
Or 800k zone...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
But to up and move from Atlanta to a place like Winnipeg and then embrace it speaks volumes. He left everything on the ice while playing for us and that’s all we can ask for sometimes. Hope he can go win a Cup.
Maybe he liked playing in front of fans instead of empty seats.
A real stereotypical American, aren't you?

Reactions: JonS

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
A great person and a great player during his prime. Thank you Blake for everything you did for the team and the city. I hope you win the cup with NYR this year, but only if the Jets aren't in the final.

Reactions: Eyeseeing and ps241

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Thank you Wheeler for playing balls out every game. Really appreciated that part of your game.
Also for embracing the city.

Its been a nice ride , its too bad no cup.
Go Jets Go
Wait a sec. When you say balls out and no cup, are you referring to his, uhm, testi incident?

Oh wait. I think you may be refering to the Stanley Cup. Not sure though.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Edited because I was responding to something off topic ... then I rethought that and just wanted to express my own appreciation for Wheeler. One of the best 2.0 Jets to date. Always a warrior on the ice and a pillar of the community. Sorry to see it end the way it did, but I greatly enjoyed him for the vast majority of his time in Winnipeg. Hope he gets a spot on a true contender club (other than Vegas) and wins a Cup.

Reactions: Eyeseeing and ps241

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
He had some really good years in Winnipeg, he was a heart & soul guy. I still remember him crashing into the open door at the bench at high speed.......looked horrific and he came back and kept playing when many others around the league would of called it a early night. As good as he was on the ice, him & his wife were even better of the ice in the community & volunteering his time. Then the confirmed story of him paying for a woman's groceries when she didn't have enough money to pay for them at the store is epic & shows what a good person he is.

All the best to Blake and his family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad