Tribute Blake Wheeler appreciation thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

enuffidiotsalready

Nov 25, 2019
Then along came a kid called Laine. When he threatened to take his place the 3 stooges ran him out of town. (Maurice, Wheeler, Scheifele). In case there was any doubt!
why do some people get off on beating dead horses?
proclaim, pat self on back, repeat?

edit just to say - read the thread title and go f*** off!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not many can say they gave their left nut to a city and organization. Wheeler is one of the few.

Good luck, hope he gets his cup. Top 10 Jet of all time!

I think he is 1 of 1 there.

After seeing that Correy Perry got 4 mil for 1 year, Blake might make more money bought out. :laugh:

Whatever he gets paid, I wish him well - and a Cup (or just a cup).

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
I appreciate and respect all of the great things Blake Wheeler and his wife did off the ice for the community and wish them all the best.

Should be a happy day for all. He's getting a great send off with a multi-million payout to go and enjoy his life in Florida, or play more hockey wherever he chooses. And we the fans can look forward to a new era with some fresh young talent with great new attitudes.

AussieBomberJet

Dec 28, 2017
Northern Beaches, Queensland
Thank you Blake for all the hard work you have put into the Jets 2.0 for all these years. Thank you for being a great ambassador for the City Of Winnipeg and our citizens. You are a true character player and I'm very sad to see things end this way. I did have some issues with your leadership at times and you potentially toxic nature in the dressing room, however I know you meant well for the team in the end and just wanted everyone to put their best foot forward. I wish you and your family all the best in your future endeavours.

Take care and best of luck.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
He stilll hasn't come close to prime time Wheeler and probably never will.
That’s your opinion. He hasn’t been given the chance to play regularly with top talent. Pretty sure that
Laine couldn't take his place because Laine sucked. It is a reflection on Laine that he couldn't win the #1 RW spot from an aging Wheeler.
Laine couldn’t take his place because he wasn’t given time on the first line with the number 1 centre. Bottom line.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I will give him his props for consistent effort and hard work. Even for attitude when he was younger. IMO the captaincy got to his head. Then Maurice allowing him to rule the roost and he became an asshole. I can’t forgive him that. On that note I will leave it at that.

• Haha
Reactions: tacogeoff and GNP

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Wheeler was the most impactful forward of the Jets 2.0 era. We dedicated his career to the organization and in his prime he was a treat to watch. I want nothing more than for him to land on a team that wins the cup and I will be cheering him on. Too bad it had to end this way. All the best to him and his family.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Happy Trails Cappy, you've had a great career here.

7r5llw.gif

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
His body of work speaks for itself, the last 2 seasons mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I’ll make sure im at the CLC for his first game back. God speed Cappy.
More like the last 4 or 5 seasons, but there is no taking away his accomplishments. It’s too bad he ended up being a self cantered ass that expect the entire organization to revolve around him. We all saw his exit interview, it spoke volumes.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
So happy he's gone, and now we have a coachable team. This had to be done, and should have got done last year. Blake will find some team to play for in the 3.5 mil zone.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
So happy he's gone, and now we have a coachable team. This had to be done, and should have got done last year. Blake will find some team to play for in the 3.5 mil zone.
Get a grip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad