Blackhawks name Nick Foligno captain

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
It was clear last year that Foligno was the de facto captain. So this makes sense, and is a great choice. If anything G, I wish they had just given him the C part way through last year. I never like it much when a team goes without a captain.

Good for the Hawks.

• Love
Reactions: Mike C

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Hardly. This isn't the first time he's gone from "basically the unofficial guy" to "just put the letter on his sweater already". He's legitimately good at it.
He won't be the hawks captain once his current contract ends, so 2 years then it goes to Bedard.

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Hardly. This isn't the first time he's gone from "basically the unofficial guy" to "just put the letter on his sweater already". He's legitimately good at it.
Hawks have Bedard. Foligno is captain until Bedard is ready for the responsibility. So he’s a placeholder until Bedard is ready.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Love it. Give Bedard the captaincy when more of the prospects graduate to the NHL and the locker room is a bit younger. Foligno is awesome. Everyone in that room respects him and always goes out of his way to welcome the prospects not to mention will stand up for any teammate and is great with the media. Well deserved.

Reactions: HBK27

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
A bit surprised they actually did it, but happy they did. He has been the leader from the moment he stepped into the dressing room for the Hawks. Could see a Tavares/Matthews like hand off to Bedard in a couple of years.
Probably not going to be the same type of situation. In a couple years, Foligno is a UFA and is 39 years old.....he may be retired. Tavares is only 33 right now and not going anywhere from what I can tell. I find it awkward. I think it will stay with Foligno until he leaves and then go to Bedard.....so while people may think Bedard is good to go for C in two years, if Foligno is still around, I think it stays with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad