Blackhawks Development Camp

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
1719771042745.png

Once again the development camp will be 100% off-ice. Only 5 defensemen will be there. Kind of surprised to see Nazar will be there.

Reactions: d rake and Mrfenn92

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
EDM and Allan aren’t there either though. That’s probably why it’s surprising.
You might be focused too much on NHL vs pro here. They just played full AHL seasons working with the staff all year. Nobody else on this list was either i see. Its to help direct their future development. Those AHL guys have no need to be there in that way

Last edited:

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Slightly concerned that Rinzel gets pissed off and doesnt sign since Levshunov was picked. Worrying for nothing .

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Slightly concerned that Rinzel gets pissed off and doesnt sign since Levshunov was picked. Worrying for nothing .

We have two RD on roster (Jones and Murphy) and only two RD's in system worth a damn (Levshunov and Rinzel)

Allan is only one of our prospects who as Lefty plays RD regularly

Crevier is slightly better Svedberg but nothing more then a #6-7/AHL tweener

Murphy will be gone at some point soon enough so right there is two RD spots wide open for kid

Allan probably gets his look this year whenever Murphy gets hurt (Will happen) and chance to nail down spot for 2025-26

Levshunov obviously gets next major look whenever he goes pro and likely plays a little in Rockford

Rinzel overall is not in bad spot to make team in coming years and if say there is some concern on that the Hawks will have a heads up most likely and can look to move him ala what Flyers and now Jets are going thru. Though both of those were self-inflicted situations by management

Last edited:

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
100% worrying for nothing. And don't worry if he doesn't sign next year either. By all accounts, unless he has an incredible sophomore year, Rinzel is likely staying 3 years in college.
He needs at least 3 imo. 6'5" and rail thin . Happy his Uncle I believe ? is a sports nutritionist

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Majority NCAA guys who leave are those who feel spurred by actual actions. Like being told, no we don't want to sign you now when the player wants or trading away teammates/family. Then there's the minority NewYork region guys who only want to stay there, and a rarely guy like Vesey who left for no reason.

I don't think, you have 1 prospect higher than me at my position as a case.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Outside of Jones and Lev, there is nobody else that projects to play that right side here in the future. Murphy will certainly not be re-signed, and I half expect he'll be traded once he seems fully healthy.

No reason to assume Rinzel would be scared off from signing here because of the addition of Levshunov. But if he is, he's not worth signing.

Right now I feel safe in assuming he'll be a Hawk in due time. His buddy and teammate Oliver Moore too.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Outside of Jones and Lev, there is nobody else that projects to play that right side here in the future. Murphy will certainly not be re-signed, and I half expect he'll be traded once he seems fully healthy.

No reason to assume Rinzel would be scared off from signing here because of the addition of Levshunov. But if he is, he's not worth signing.

Right now I feel safe in assuming he'll be a Hawk in due time. His buddy and teammate Oliver Moore too.
This, exactly. If he refuses to go anywhere where he has competition, his choices are going to be limited, and good riddance.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Allan is only one of our prospects who as Lefty plays RD regularly Not True as Kaiser played the right side whe paired with Tinordi. In the NHL.

Allan probably gets his look this year whenever Murphy gets hurt (Will happen) and chance to nail down spot for 2025-26 Probably most likely Kaiser before Allan

Levshunov obviously gets next major look whenever he goes pro and likely plays a little in Rockford Please define a little

Rinzel overall is not in bad spot to make team in coming years and if say there is some concern on that the Hawks will have a heads up most likely and can look to move him ala what Flyers and now Jets are going thru. Though both of those were self-inflicted situations by management

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Felt like they had more content on it during last year, maybe I'm drunk.

No I think they did too. But that was Bedardmania. They were starting the hardcore marketing train.

Definitely worrying for nothing. It would be like thinking Nazar wouldn’t sign bc they drafted Moore. Or Moore won’t sign bc they drafted Boisvert.

There is very clearly a path to the NHL for Rinzel still.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad