GDT: Blackhawks at Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Team looks terrible. Late here on EST. Game obviously over. Time for bed.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
pro scout that recommended manning should be served walking papers tomorrow...whoever thought that aav was a good idea should also be walked out the door...idk how the hawks come up with the AAV's they're willing to pay, maybe a model or something, but it's time to go back to the drawing board...pissing away 5 million on Rutta and Manning can't happen

The contract just makes no sense. He’s a 28 year old undrafted free agent who has never been good and has no upside and isn’t young. What the hell.

If you took his best game with us so far and he played to that quality 82 times this year he still wouldn’t be worth that contract.

Why the hell am I still watching this shit?

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yes ...fire both Q and Stan and all the assistants and all the scouts...

But what good will it do? A new coach cannot extract miracles from this crew...

A new GM would be saddled by Stan's cap and NMC hell and the contracts Stan have out..

It would take a long time to re-build.

So many "just another guy"types scoreline us..and our "stats" keep failing to star. .

Early season poinsettia has gone to hell in a hand basket.

You can fire for the sale of punishing the fail coach and the fail GM..but we still have the basic problem of the fail players ...so nothing will change.

Does this mean since change will not change My thing that Q and Stan ought to stay? Nope ...MCD mustnpunish fail ...and since he cannot fire the players ,he has go make a show of not tolerating the faiksvof the coaching and GM...

Q probably has till Thanksgiving (U.S.) to turn the listing ship back upright ..but y then we ought to be well into bottom 5 status ...

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Typo...sorry. ..so angry my fingers typing too fast.Thanksgiving...that is when McD will have had enough of Q-fail ...Stan-fail probably lasts till trade deadline ..

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Typo...sorry. ..so angry my fingers typing too fast.Thanksgiving...that is when McD will have had enough of Q-fail ...Stan-fail probably lasts till trade deadline ..

God I hope it’s sooner than that.

Q has no f***ing clue

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Are there any Q believers left on HF? Cause they’re all over the place elsewhere on the internet. It’s so frustrating that people like that run the Hawks organization. Desperately wanting to make the playoffs to get curb stomped in the first round again.

That’s how Detroit ended up in their current situation. I pray to god the Hawks don’t follow that route.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Look at the scores tonight...lots of goals...simple idea
..shoot the puck ...beat goalies ..but apparently our guys never heard of such a thing...Our guys haven't is crazy idea if they fire 40 + shots that goals will magically cone as they do for other teams..

Apparently not the case.

Q probably says hole win for Edmonton..look at the pile of shots we got..except our guys pikevup routine shots and really have few shots that scare any goalies. ..even back-ups..

Early season scoring now indeed appears like a mirage..a temporary oddity ...the. Real picture now has emerged. .We just do not scare any bopping goalie ..we are a joke compared to the "normal" shooters on other teams who when they get grade A chances...bury them ..not every time but most ..In our case we mostly do not brat the goalies...

Poor shooters...It seems we need to fire 200 shots if we expect to get 5 goals.. Instead it probably takes us 3 -4 games to get that many goals ..if we are lucky. .
..They told us we had talent..but that is hard to believe after some early season fooling us that this was true..Now we look like easy wins forbopponents cause we are littlecthreatcto score much. .

djeck42

Jan 26, 2011
In the post game the former players usually agree with how things are, but tonight they were pretty critical of the team.

On the Manning and Cat 2 on 1.. Burish said Manning should have given it to Cat before to be the one to decide if he shoots or passes on how the defense plays it.

And all were pretty critical of sitting Schmaltz as well; the 2nd of a back to back game you wont have as much energy so you need as much speed in there as you can get. And how horrible the powerplay is in having Kunitz in there when you need a right handed shot in that spot. And how powerplays are a lot easier to stop when they have 4 lefties out there.

The team needs more possible playmakers in it and they said Sikura should be up on this team. I think they need more than just that obviously. Just thought it was odd that they even think roster changes need to be made, when they normally side with everything the coaches and GM do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad