OT: Biggest sporting event you've been to

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Carters Home Run
Every Canadian game in 91, 2004 World Cup
Every Leaf playoff game since 99.
MLB, NHL All Star weekends.

Sure there's more.

parkdale lad

Jun 9, 2006
Games 6 and 7 Leafs VS Sharks in '94 at MLG. AMAZING.

I was also at the Dome when the Jays broke the 4 million fan mark.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
UFC GSP vs Shields @ Rogers Centre

Every Canada WJ game in 2009 vs. Ottawa

Every Canada Olympic game in 2010

Its tough for me to say what I enjoyed more... Eberle's OT goal in 09 vs. Russia or Sid's OT goal in Vancouver. They were both insane to see live.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
2000 Memorial Cup Halifax vs Barrie
2003 WJC in Halifax Semi-final Canada vs USA

NY Mets @ Montreal Expos Gary Carter's first series back in Montreal after being traded to the Mets. Expos won series 3-0 and Tim Raines had 3 stolen bases in game 1 off of Carter. 55,000 fans in attendance. Those were the days!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
1976 Grey Cup.

Still waiting to see Tony Gabriel catch that TD pass from Tom Clements. We had great seats for baseball, but bad seats to see the opposite end zone for football.

thatshype

Jul 3, 2010
Canada vs. USA World Baseball Classic game at the Skydome. I think it was 2008?

Great crowd...fully packed Skydome all cheering for Canada.

Bigleaf

Jun 21, 2008
2002 Gold medal game in Salt Lake City. We had 6 seats together on the glass at the blue line in the US teams end. We purchased the 6 seats months earlier in 3 separate Ebay auctions put on by the the US Olympic committee. We paid BIG money to secure these seats (the bidding was crazy) and were happy and surprised when the Olympic Committee gave us the seats together when they sent us the tickets about a month later. We thought the seats would be in different locations. It was an awesome experience. We can be seen going crazy in the "Gold Rush 2002" DVD. One of our Canadian flags was carried around the ice after the game. We spent a couple of days in Vegas prior and had a flight booked for the morning of the game but decided to leave around midnight and drive to Salt Lake because the forecast was calling for sketchy weather. My cousins flew home to Toronto on the Air Canada flight out of Vegas the next day and Pat Quinn was on their flight. It was an amazing time. Goosebumps.
My 2 cousins, who are my best friends, and myself are seen at the far right of this picture jumping for joy when Sakic scores. My sister, nephew and mom cant be seen in the photo. All those seats behind us are Press and Damien Cox was about three rows up directly behind us.
nhl_g_sakts_600.jpg

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Title says it all, just curious if anyone has been to any big sporting events. I don't know if it counts as a sport but I went to WrestleMania X8 at the skydome. The atmosphere was incredible, an event ill never forget.:handclap:

I was in the crowd to watch Crosby score the golden goal for Team Canada winning the Olympic hockey event.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Superbowl in Detroit, and the ALCS game when Ordonez hit the homer to put the Tigers into the WS in 2006

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Game 2 of the Leafs/Sens 2nd round game back in 2002. Triple OT goal by Gary Roberts.

My father had tickets for him and I to go to game 7 of the 1993 World Series. I wasn't that upset we couldn't go.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
2002 Gold medal game in Salt Lake City. We had 6 seats together on the glass at the blue line in the US teams end. We purchased the 6 seats months earlier in 3 separate Ebay auctions put on by the the US Olympic committee. We paid BIG money to secure these seats (the bidding was crazy) and were happy and surprised when the Olympic Committee gave us the seats together when they sent us the tickets about a month later. We thought the seats would be in different locations. It was an awesome experience. We can be seen going crazy in the "Gold Rush 2002" DVD. One of our Canadian flags was carried around the ice after the game. We spent a couple of days in Vegas prior and had a flight booked for the morning of the game but decided to leave around midnight and drive to Salt Lake because the forecast was calling for sketchy weather. My cousins flew home to Toronto on the Air Canada flight out of Vegas the next day and Pat Quinn was on their flight. It was an amazing time. Goosebumps.
My 2 cousins, who are my best friends, and myself are seen at the far right of this picture jumping for joy when Sakic scores. My sister, nephew and mom cant be seen in the photo. All those seats behind us are Press and Damien Cox was about three rows up directly behind us.
nhl_g_sakts_600.jpg

As amazing as 2010 was, 2002 was my favourite, I loved that team.

So many top players from the era of hockey that I grew up watching

Sakic, Shanahan, Fleury Lindros, Nolan, Lemieux, Nieuwendyk, Yzerman, McInnis, Belfour, Cujo, Blake, Kariya, Niedermayer.

Sakic's breakaway goal to seal it was just awesome.

"it's going to be a break, IT'S JOE SAKIC.....SCORES!!!!!!!! THAT MAKES IT 5-2 CANADA, SURELY THAT'S GOTTA BE IT!!!!!!"

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I was in the crowd to watch Crosby score the golden goal for Team Canada winning the Olympic hockey event.

Mess just curious... where were you?

I was second last row just off centre ice. Funny enough Bobby Ryan's family was about one section away in the same row. Early on heard them complaining about how high up they were :laugh:

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Game 2 of the Leafs/Sens 2nd round game back in 2002. Triple OT goal by Gary Roberts.

My story for that goal is awesome, not in the stands awesome, but still a great memory.

My buddies and I had just moved into a new place and we threw a big party and just as OT started, the contingent of sens fans buddies we have show up and it turned into a hostile environment.

Cold night, 14 inch TV with CBC on the rabbit ears, too many people to watch inside so we're sitting on the deck out back. It felt like I was going to get another beer every 7 minutes. 35-40 people 60/40 split leafs to sens fans and after Multiple Hossa breakaways stopped by Cujo, Robert Reichel wins the face off back to Roberts who puts it home.

Elation on one side of the deck, dejection on the other. Once the game was over, we were all friends again and more beer was flowing.

Fun times.

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
England v Australia autumn international rugby match at Twickenham

82,000 of the worlds finest rugby fans all in one place..............we lost mind:cry:

Went to the world rugby 7's at the government stadium when I lived in Hong Kong, that was pretty big too

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
My story for that goal is awesome, not in the stands awesome, but still a great memory.

My buddies and I had just moved into a new place and we threw a big party and just as OT started, the contingent of sens fans buddies we have show up and it turned into a hostile environment.

Cold night, 14 inch TV with CBC on the rabbit ears, too many people to watch inside so we're sitting on the deck out back. It felt like I was going to get another beer every 7 minutes. 35-40 people 60/40 split leafs to sens fans and after Multiple Hossa breakaways stopped by Cujo, Robert Reichel wins the face off back to Roberts who puts it home.

Elation on one side of the deck, dejection on the other. Once the game was over, we were all friends again and more beer was flowing.

Fun times.

Ha nice. We were sitting in the blues behind the Leaf net when Roberts scored. High fiving complete strangers is always fun. That was a huge win after Ottawa ran us out of the rink in game 1, think the final score was 5-0 or 6-1 or something.

KadoCH

Apr 18, 2004
2003 WJC Gold Medal Game

Canada blew a 2-1 lead in the 3rd to the Russians. Was a long drive home, but still look back on the experience fondly.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
F1 Canadian GP in Montreal, place was insane the whole town was buzzing all week! It was the year before they took it away, Hamilton hit Kimi in pit lane like a clown. Was about 100' from the start/finish line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad