Biggest 2016 UFA for the city of Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Thebolt*

An elite player in basketball can have a bigger impact than an elite player in hockey. Durant can take the Raps to the finals. Stamkos would make the Leafs a bubble team. Now if the get Matthews and Nylander and Marner make big improvements than I could be wrong. Price is one of the best pitchers in baseball. But I believe that if the Leafs add Stamkos and Raps add Durant, Stamkos would be the bigger story due to Toronto being a bigger hockey city. Imagine Stamkos on Leafs Lunch "It took a lot of consideration but ive decided to take my talents to South Ontario and join the Toronto Maple Leafs"

In order

Durant
Stamkos
Price

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Durant, not close. He's the best player in the NBA when he's healthy, and the player with the most marketing hype in the NBA after James (I bet Durant would even feature on Drake singles :laugh:)

Would be waves of kids in the GTA wearing his jersey (+ around the world). Durant isn't coming here though.. LA, Washington are probably way ahead on his list if he ever decides to become a UFA, which isn't likely.

If he does come here he will be in the East Finals every year guaranteed and probably NBA Finals most times. Something he's not going to get with LA, or the Thunder. Washington has the talent.

Raptors have a lot of great young talent and they could clear out some space by moving Carroll.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
The Leafs are my team. I like the Raps and Jays, but I'll always bleed blue and white.

I know Durant>Stamkos, but I would be more excited by a Stamkos signing.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be ecstatic if the Raps somehow land KD. I just care a lot more about the Leafs

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If Durant regains his ability prior to his injury its him, no player (except possibly a hot goalie or NFL QB) has as much impact on a team winning a championship than an elite top 5 NBA player. Since the Bulls won there first I can't think of a team outside the Pistons in 04 who won a title without a top 5 player (Probably not even a top 10 player) in the league except maybe the Mavs (Dirk was fringe in the 3-10 range that year) and last years Spurs (which had a top 5 coach of all time, the best PF ever and a very veteran squad) there's a reason that Jordan, Dream, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe and LeBron have been on (21 of the last 25 championships).

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Ever heard of Lebron James and Stephen Curry?

KD is the best pure scorer, but he is not the best player.
Its debatable, personally I think a peak Durant is better than a peak Curry, LeBron is better than both when at his best. AD is gonna take the reign as the most dominate player in the league in the next year or so, reminds me of a modern version of KG (better shooter, not quite the handles or passing of KG).

Last edited:

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
NBA?

pZ96Rxa.png

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
I'd rather get Durant or Price re-signed then Stamkos. maybe that's because those 2 players make the current rosters, true contenders while Stamkos doesn't make the leafs team a contender, tho not because he's not a star player

This.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
If we're talking biggest UFA for Toronto. Then yeah I say Stamkos.

When the Leafs turn things around the Raptors and Jays are going to fall into the distance in terms of sports attention. If all three teams were playing amazing at the same time, the Leafs would always have the most coverage.

All three guys would be huge and the individual may be more key in basketball, but I still think it's Stamkos. Throw that skill in with the building blocks that are being put in place and that is huge. Just tipping the scales is big.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
No chance Durant goes to the Raps so I chose Stamkos as it is more realistic

However if Durant did then I would say it would have a bigger impact

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad