Post-Game Talk: Big Oil warming up, Penguins lose habitat

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Its almost like theres another hockey team over there with good players trying to score on your net.

Teams are going to get chances to score.

Did you miss the first 3 games of the season by McDavid and Draisaitl?

Should they retire also?
No, we can’t be happy until every player on the ice plays an absolute perfect game and the other team just decides to not show up at all lol.

Honestly it’s like you can tell the people who never played competitive sports and act as if one of the two teams has complete control of the outcome of the entire game. It’s not like there’s two teams full of some of the best players in the world out there trying their hardest to best each other.

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016
We absolutely destroyed them should have been 8 to 2. We have played good this year that game was great. It's crazy what puckluck can do to a good team.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I asked in the GDT what exactly the Dubas plan was because this looks like a lottery team with a lot of old players recently signed to long contracts. Not sure why Pen’s ownership paid him all that money if they had no interest in winning anything for several years, any idiot could do that. Sweet gig, he’s got to be the luckiest fraud in hockey.

I think Dubas is trying to do what Washington is doing.

Washington has just executed it better. Backstrom LTIR probably helped them. Kunetsov being a bit of a head case probably helped them walk away.

Pittsburgh probably needed to just stick with Crosby and maybe Malkin and build a younger team around them.

I think Sullivan has been past his due date for awhile.

Unfortunately the Oilers are probably going to look like the Penguins in a few years unless we start seeing some different offseasons.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Glad they played well at home for a change, but I'm ready for some more road games. They always seem to be play better on the road than at home.

Probably keep it more simple on road. Which I think is what they need to do now.

They are better at home when they play with urgency and cohesion. They still aren’t there but we are starting to play well the last few games at least. Just need the offense to click.

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011

Washington has just executed it better. Backstrom LTIR probably helped them. Kunetsov being a bit of a head case probably helped them walk away.

Pittsburgh probably needed to just stick with Crosby and maybe Malkin and build a younger team around them.

Unfortunately the Oilers are probably going to look like the Penguins in a few years unless we start seeing some different offseasons.
Most teams get attached to players, but it would be better for everyone involved to trade these players when they reach the end of their careers, the Penguins could have traded crosby and crew and been a playoff team within a 2-3 year window...same thing with Washington and ovechkin....I get why they did it but it just drags out an inevitable rebuild and destroys assets to keep the dream, now imagine how much fun it would have been to see a retained crosby traded at the deadline and chasing 1 last cup

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I haven't watched a game this year or been around since the summer. My dad pasted away 2 weeks ago and my mom and him were together since she was 17 , So she is really lost with out him. I had to make all the arrangements which was hard on me so hockey was not on my mind.

Can someone give me a break down on the season so far.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I haven't watched a game this year or been around since the summer. My dad pasted away 2 weeks ago and my mom and him were together since she was 17 , So she is really lost with out him. I had to make all the arrangements which was hard on me so hockey was not on my mind.

My condolences on your loss and for your poor mum.

Oilers season so far in the brief;

Oilers terrible.
Oilers slowly becoming unterrible.

That’s pretty much it.

Reactions: Dieseloil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

My condolences to you and your mom.

The long and the short of it is that the team has struggled to put the puck in the net, the PP has been garbage, the PK started horribly and we have been underachieving as a team. Jeff Skinner has been good and Arvidsson finally hit his stride last night. The last 2 games have probably been our best of the season so hopefully when guys like Hyman and Arvidsson start getting a few goals here and there we will go on a run.

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
We absolutely destroyed them should have been 8 to 2. We have played good this year that game was great. It's crazy what puckluck can do to a good team.
Tbh, I thought our puck luck was minimal. Should have 4-0 midway through the game. Wasn’t until one went through that it started a bit of a flood.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Yup. I crap on Darnell a lot but I’ve liked his game the past couple. If he could stay consistent doing that, I could almost agree to ride out his salary. Almost.
He was brutal for his cap hit again. Ya, ya...he fought. Whooooopeeeee. What was that...his first fight since signing the contract? Money well spent?!?!?

Also, while he may have not been a liability this game....did anyone actually notice how many plays died on his stick in the ozone? Dude has absolutely no idea how to move laterally

That's 9mil going towards a player who when he plays mediocre hockey, we jump for joy

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

Sure, at some point they will. They are still in win now mode though. The Penguins aren’t. I’ve got no issue with what they’ve done. Crosby and Malkin have given that team more than anybody could have expected. I’m just curious why they’d pay Dubas all the cash they did to bring him in when anybody could have just resigned those vets. I thought the reason Burke and Hextall were fired was because they wanted to win. Either that wasn’t the plan after all or Dubas has sewered this team even faster than he did with the Leafs.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

From experience, be there for her but let her grieve. Keep an eye out for her and if in six months she still hasn't been able to get off the couch, intervene gently. Worst feeling in the world and it never really goes away : (. Take care of yourself.

Reactions: harpoon

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007

f*** dude, I'm so sorry.

Hit me with a DM if you ever need to chat or get anything off your chest. Offer's open at any time.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
He was brutal for his cap hit again. Ya, ya...he fought. Whooooopeeeee. What was that...his first fight since signing the contract? Money well spent?!?!?

Also, while he may have not been a liability this game....did anyone actually notice how many plays died on his stick in the ozone? Dude has absolutely no idea how to move laterally

That's 9mil going towards a player who when he plays mediocre hockey, we jump for joy
You don't even watch.

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016

When Nurse has the puck he usually has at least 2 options, he almost always chooses the wrong 1. Head scratching to watch. Him firing the long pass to nobody for icing is strange too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad