Post-Game Talk: Big Oil warming up, Penguins lose habitat

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Its almost like theres another hockey team over there with good players trying to score on your net.

Teams are going to get chances to score.

Did you miss the first 3 games of the season by McDavid and Draisaitl?

Should they retire also?
No, we can’t be happy until every player on the ice plays an absolute perfect game and the other team just decides to not show up at all lol.

Honestly it’s like you can tell the people who never played competitive sports and act as if one of the two teams has complete control of the outcome of the entire game. It’s not like there’s two teams full of some of the best players in the world out there trying their hardest to best each other.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016
We absolutely destroyed them should have been 8 to 2. We have played good this year that game was great. It's crazy what puckluck can do to a good team.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I’ll take a mean #3D Darnell Nurse over whatever he was trying to be the last couple of season
Yup. I crap on Darnell a lot but I’ve liked his game the past couple. If he could stay consistent doing that, I could almost agree to ride out his salary. Almost.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I asked in the GDT what exactly the Dubas plan was because this looks like a lottery team with a lot of old players recently signed to long contracts. Not sure why Pen’s ownership paid him all that money if they had no interest in winning anything for several years, any idiot could do that. Sweet gig, he’s got to be the luckiest fraud in hockey.

I think Dubas is trying to do what Washington is doing.

Washington has just executed it better. Backstrom LTIR probably helped them. Kunetsov being a bit of a head case probably helped them walk away.

Pittsburgh probably needed to just stick with Crosby and maybe Malkin and build a younger team around them.

I think Sullivan has been past his due date for awhile.

Unfortunately the Oilers are probably going to look like the Penguins in a few years unless we start seeing some different offseasons.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Glad they played well at home for a change, but I'm ready for some more road games. They always seem to be play better on the road than at home.

Probably keep it more simple on road. Which I think is what they need to do now.

They are better at home when they play with urgency and cohesion. They still aren’t there but we are starting to play well the last few games at least. Just need the offense to click.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad