Bettman visiting Winnipeg to meet with corporate sponsors, host a fireside chat with fans amid declining season ticket sales

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
The networth of the org correlates with those numbers directly. The idea that it doesnt is just delulu. Hard to keep increasing net worth and income of a sports team if theres no positive and profitable revenues from either corporate or domestic support bases coming in to increase it. Its why TNSE and their parent property company have invested hundreds of millions into downtown Winnipeg since relocation, and almost $2bil since 2004.

Neither revenue nor net worth have seen the Jets decline into the red since theyve been here in 2011. Even with the decline in gate revenue from ticket sales and corporate support, theres no evidence to support the Jets were and are losing money (outside of events such as a pandemic and lockout) to an extent that concerns relocation or folding in a decade or so like many detractors of ours on these boards want so badly lol. Neither Chipman, or Bettman have acknowledged or sounded the alarm on such issues.
Ha...delulu. Nice. Well...you can go with your gut feeling on the revenue. I'll go with actual sources like this one:
The Jets have seen “above a 30% drop in the last three years in their season-ticket base,” along with the events in post #5.

Most teams have had dips in attendance and revenue. Jets will be fine.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Ha...delulu. Nice. Well...you can go with your gut feeling on the revenue. I'll go with actual sources like this one:
The Jets have seen “above a 30% drop in the last three years in their season-ticket base,” along with the events in post #5.

Most teams have had dips in attendance and revenue. Jets will be fine.
That doesnt even prove that they arent pulling in revenue at a profit.

Right here, Chipman outright discloses that even with the revenue loss from decreased ticket sales they havent gone into the red. So no, its not a 'gut feeling', though I guess whether you choose to believe him or not is.

The loss of ticket purchasers at a corporate, STH, or General Admission level arent sustainable long term obviously, but the complete capitulation of the organization would require a further mass exodus of supporters which I dont see happening. Despite TNSE and the Jets faults and insufferabilities towards their customers and fans, theyve never been the worst in the league at either of those facets. They can and probably will recoup and gain support as the years go by and if their marketing strategies improve. If the Bombers of the CFL can do it after spending almost a decade in humiliation and in a financially strapped economy and league, then so can the NHL team that is still generating a profit.

So yeah. They will be fine.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Right here, Chipman outright discloses that even with the revenue loss from decreased ticket sales they havent gone into the red. So no, its not a 'gut feeling', though I guess whether you choose to believe him or not is.

The loss of ticket purchasers at a corporate, STH, or General Admission level arent sustainable long term obviously, but the complete capitulation of the organization would require a further mass exodus of supporters which I dont see happening. Despite TNSE and the Jets faults and insufferabilities towards their customers and fans, theyve never been the worst in the league at either of those facets. They can and probably will recoup and gain support as the years go by and if their marketing strategies improve. If the Bombers of the CFL can do it after spending almost a decade in humiliation and in a financially strapped economy and league, then so can the NHL team that is still generating a profit.

So yeah. They will be fine.
I believe him. He's been pretty transparent, so there's no reason not to. But again...based on public pleas and a decline in sales (I'd think the business model is based on selling out about every home game based on arena size), it does need to turn around (it will).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad