Value of: Best reclamation projects in the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Who are some guys that could be acquired for cents on the dollar that could turn their game around.

Only guy I can think of on the Leafs would be Holland. He has completely fallen out of favour here and I think he can still be a decent 3rd liner.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Evander Kane and Matt Moulson from the Sabres, I expect Moulson could get his game back with an increased role and Kane wouldn't be cheap but would get much less than he'd be worth otherwise. Yakapov seems to be talked about as being a really cheap acquisition if a teams willing to have some patience and put in the work to help him find his game, or a game for that matter.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
On the Isles, I would say Josh Bailey. He has shown flashes of being a solid all around 2nd line player, but loses confidence easily and his play goes South for long periods of time.

That said, the only coach he has ever played for is Jack Capuano. Is there another coach who could get more out of him?

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
On the Isles, I would say Josh Bailey. He has shown flashes of being a solid all around 2nd line player, but loses confidence easily and his play goes South for long periods of time.

That said, the only coach he has ever played for is Jack Capuano. Is there another coach who could get more out of him?

Bailey's done. And he had Scott Gordon as a coach as well.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
This thread wouldn't be complete without mentioning Evander Kane

Pretty much everyone in the media thinks this guy has the potential to score 30 again.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Evander Kane and Matt Moulson from the Sabres, I expect Moulson could get his game back with an increased role and Kane wouldn't be cheap but would get much less than he'd be worth otherwise. Yakapov seems to be talked about as being a really cheap acquisition if a teams willing to have some patience and put in the work to help him find his game, or a game for that matter.

I wonder what a Holland + for Yakapov would look like. Not sure if center depth is what the Oilers are looking for but that would be a decent trade.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014

Pretty much everyone in the media thinks this guy has the potential to score 30 again.

I guess. The problem I think for Kane or more likely Buffalo is that they traded some quality players for him and I can't imagine they would want to trade him now for peanuts.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I think I gave a different perspective on what a reclamation project it. For me Versteeg or Richards are reclamation project. Nor players under 24 playING top 9 minutes

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
On the Wings, I think it would be Brendan Smith. Fancy Stats say he's good, but he's kind of fallen out of the fans' grace.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016

he scored 20 in 65 games last season, he's 25 years old so yes, minus the sideshow he is off the ice, he could score 30 again.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Filatov claims to have turned his attitude around last year and wouldn't rule out an AHL PTO.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Colin Greening. With proper usage he can put up decent points and possession numbers. He won't be a superstar but can fit in very comfortably on a team making a playoff/cup push.

I can see Yak becoming a useful player too once he escapes Edmonton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad